Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 04:30 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,533,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
A Good Word about Possums: they eat thousands of deer ticks....that carry Lymes disease.

Except for their mouth full of sharp teeth which they show defensively....I think they are cute.

I actually really like possums...I like that "ssst" noise they make at night... can't believe someone drowned them!

Old 08-12-2017, 05:46 PM

48,151 posts, read 22,016,035 times
If you suddenly see one up close (in my case in a garbage can on my back stoop) they are scary....all teeth and ghostly white in the flood light) But on their own turf and especially with babies .....they are adorable. "All Gods Creatures Have a Place in the Choir"

Old 08-12-2017, 06:51 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
Elko, I'm wishing you continued luck on your job hunt. Yes, Wenatchee is expensive...I've been there, don't get the attraction, except for cheap internet.

Thanks, MarciaMarshaMarcia - yeah, Wenatchee is nice - but, it's nothing that special. Once the real estate people see the demand they just take that Seahawk football and run to the end zone for a Dave Ramsey TD special. Oh well. First, I need to see if they're serious enough to make an offer. If they do, I'll accept - I'm running quickly out of Kansas U.I!

elston - thank you so much. Again, I do hope I'm not driving you guys nuts with my job search babble. It's only been 4 months since I lost my job - not that much time. They say people need ta figure on about 6 months now to find a similar job to the one they lost. Or a better one, that counts too.

I used to feed a feral cat on the front porch of the first house we owned in Everett, WA. I used to put cat food out in a dish. One night while watching TV I thought I heard a critter on our porch. I moved the drapes open and out of the way and there was a good-sized opossum staring at me and then grabbing up as much food as he could and running down the steps off the porch! Funny looking critters, but, at the same time, kind of cute, like you guys are saying.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:25 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 08-13-2017, 07:18 AM

I wonder who and what today will bring?

The Guest House
A Poem by the Sufi mystic: Rumi.

"This being human is a guest house.

Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,

some momentary awareness comes

as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!

Even if they’re a crowd of sorrows,

who violently sweep your house

empty of its furniture,

still treat each guest honorably.

He may be clearing you out

for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,

meet them at the door laughing,

and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,

because each has been sent

as a guide from beyond."

Old 08-13-2017, 05:06 PM

Thank you for that elston--really needed that today!

Old 08-13-2017, 07:37 PM

Good Night cyn......see you tomorrow.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:20 AM

Another day....physical therapy this morning.
I hope elko gets the best of the best jobs. You have worked hard for it!!
Elston, thanks for the caring thoughts!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 08-14-2017, 10:28 AM

I am beginning to understand why I am feeling so down lately....my arm is preventing me from doing things that keep me busy...I talked to my therapist this morning and she agreed. While not only the pain from my arm can cause depression the limitations it creates add to it. So today I am going to get out side and trim my roses. That only takes one hand and one arm! Have to keep moving forward!!

Old 08-14-2017, 11:51 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
I got a call on Saturday that my very dear friend from school who I have never lost touch with was killed Friday night. A victim of an abusive and violent boyfriend. He brutally murdered her because she tried to leave. She lived in TX. Her best girlfriend called me. I really don't know how much more I can take.

It just seems that I'm becoming ever increasingly more alone. But I have my son. This hasn't truly sunk in yet. It's just surreal. That she was murdered...my mind hasn't processed it. I don't even know what to do with that. Domestic violence. Almost 40 years of close friendship, just snuffed out like a candle in the wind. I have to wonder what it is God is trying to tell me. The road is certainly beckoning. But more solitude isn't that appealing.

Losses like this, back to back and wall to wall. And such a senseless death. She had been in very frequent contact, reaching out to me. Just needing someone who understood her to listen. We had talked for three hours the night he killed her. It could have only been a couple hours between when we hung up and she was gone. She had told me he had threatened to kill her if she tried to leave. All I could offer was to tell her to just go. Wait till she was sure he'd be gone for a while and just go. Call the police, just take the clothes on her back needs be. I don't know just how things happened, but the end result is all that matters now.

I just keep reaching, trying to hear my lady's voice. Feel her touch, catch her scent. I have a bottle of her body spray that I put on my sheets at night and spritz about the house. Maybe it sounds silly but it helps. Today, I have aock of her hair I'm going to bind and tie onto my hat cords. Especially given this having happened the driving, just hungry NEED for her ....
Am I being selfish? I am focusing more on myself I guess. But what I would give to be able to hold her again. Just lose myself in the feel and smell of her hair. Hear and feel her breathing, see her do her happy dance. My friend and I had been helping each other a lot in our respective situations, and now some verminous scavenger has taken that.

Ohh, my precious, tiny little lady. I so much more than just miss her. There was no such thing as pain or sadness or loneliness with just the sight of her. Nothing could touch me. She was all that mattered. First her, then my next closest friend. It does make me afraid to even think about trying to love like that again. And I know that I wont. I just cant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning