Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 04:36 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times

Advertisements

Good morning elston!
Yes, elko is on my mind a lot too! Praying he hears something great real soon!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 08-22-2017, 06:36 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
Yesterday was the 7th anniversary of my husband's death. It was the first time since he died that I didn't feel terribly sad. I miss him and my oldest told me yesterday when he received an excellent job offer from a great company that he wanted to call his dad and tell him but remembered he can't do that anymore. He still dreams about him. My dreams about him stopped a few years after he passed away.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:55 AM

Thank you for your share chiluvrl228! I keep wondering when and if I will ever feel somewhat normal again. It's been 3 years since I lost my husband and it seems even harder sometimes now. I know a lot of my problems are being lonely and just trying to stay afloat financially now. Both are depressing but I try very hard to keep moving forward. It's posts like yours that give me hope! Again thank you!

Old 08-22-2017, 08:21 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,575,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Thank you for your share chiluvrl228! I keep wondering when and if I will ever feel somewhat normal again. It's been 3 years since I lost my husband and it seems even harder sometimes now. I know a lot of my problems are being lonely and just trying to stay afloat financially now. Both are depressing but I try very hard to keep moving forward. It's posts like yours that give me hope! Again thank you!
3 years Cyn?! how time went by I dont know. Hope you have been ok.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:35 AM

Yes Maila, and I have missed seeing you here! I have been okay at times and no so good at other times. Not sure I will ever adjust to being alone.
Thanks for stopping by!

Old 08-22-2017, 06:39 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
Good Morning......this is the "morning after" the eclipse that is. Here's wishing you a good day. Hoping for some good news for elko........but understand that it all takes time..especially when some of the pieces are in other peoples hands.

Hi y'all! Today I basically nagged my professional references to fill out their reference surveys! Good thing I did, too, because 2 of the 3 I still need to fill out the Jefferson City, MO, reference surveys didn't understand that they needed to fill out the one I was talking to them about. I don't think we're all keeping pace with this new world order reference survey process - because, if a person has filled one of them out, they think they're done. But I'm moving along in the application process for 3 jobs right now - the same ones I interviewed for on the phone last Friday. If my references fill out one they think they're done, so I'm nagging, man! Oh yes, I'm nagging. Because if I don't they'll just disregard it and it'll sit there not finished. The HR lady needs 3 for Wenatchee finished and the job in Jeff City needs 5 of them finished before she'll send the results of those 5 to the hiring manager along with my current resume. Then, the hiring manager picks them up, reads the results and then decides if he wants to interview me or...not. So, man, I'm not taking it nice if my references don't do their job. I mean, really, I'm left hanging if they don't do their job. I know that we're all busy, but, I'm really busy as a job-hunter because...yep, you guessed it, I need a job!

Hang in there with me y'all - I'll eventually get a job, but, it will take a lot of work and, unfortunately...a lot...or at least a bit...of...time. Hope ta give you guys some good news soon about me getting a full-time job!

Have good Tuesday nights, you guys!

Old 08-23-2017, 04:37 AM

Good morning all!
It is a good thing you are keeping on top of this job thing...sounds so confusing to me! I know you know what you are doing! We are hanging in there with you elko!
Busy day here...physical therapy this morning, a friend is stopping by at noon to help me put my luggage back in the attic since I can't lift it up there! And work tonight!

Old 08-23-2017, 08:59 AM

Good morning all!
It is a good thing you are keeping on top of this job thing...sounds so confusing to me! I know you know what you are doing! We are hanging in there with you elko!
Busy day here...physical therapy this morning, a friend is stopping by at noon to help me put my luggage back in the attic since I can't lift it up there! And work tonight!

Hope your day treats you right, cyn! Mine got a boost because just as I was stepping in to our local Wal*Mart a couple of hours ago I got an e-mail from my favorite recruiter who works out of Florida. He told me that the Lead Therapist from Hastings, NE, wants to talk to me on the phone on Monday, August 28th, at 8:00AM CDT! Yeah! AFAIK, too, the WA, MO, and NH jobs are not dead, either. So I could say 4 of them are alive at this point. Man, this process takes time. I'm not naturally a hyperactive person, but, this has been 4 months and a week so far, and, at times it seems like I've been at this for 6-8 months so far, people!

My hope is that this Wednesday treats you all with kindness, patience, laughter and love!

Old 08-23-2017, 09:36 AM

That is good news elko--hope it is perfect!

Old 08-23-2017, 10:10 AM

That is good news elko--hope it is perfect!

Thanks, cyn. I am going to start cramming on that small Nebraska town and that hospital. And, it wouldn't hurt ta crack my Sleep Therapist training books for several hours, either. My tutor helped me learn the history behind all of the electrical dynamics required to make sleep studies happen, the AASM and BRPT really want us to know the theory behind the studies and the background behind it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning