Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2017, 05:02 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times

Advertisements

A lovely memory of your lady NVplumber! Good to see you here again! Missed you!
Gerania, I have also heard about people knowing when others are around when they are near death.
Work today...hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 08-10-2017, 06:43 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
I have seriously arranged my schedule, such as it was, to attend to people who were dead and dying. You can't leave them alone. I was once very ill, near death, but I could hear and feel everything. Thankfully that only lasted for a few days, but I'll never forget it.

Gerania - it sounds like you and cyn get it fully, completely. I just could not do anything else - since I didn't get back to Washington state from mid-Missouri to see my Dad before he passed away I vowed in my heart that things would be different when Mom got very, very ill. And to hug her tightly and tell her to keep on fighting it with all your strength, that made me feel much better about everything. I was sick that she was so sick. But to be there and hug her helped with my grief over losing both of them so much. RIP Mom and Dad

NVPlumber - she sounds like she really touched your soul deeply. That's an understatement - your recollections show how much you truly loved her. I am so sorry for your loss - I think those vivid recollections are helping you immensely, though.

cyn - I hope your arms/shoulders are good today.

I had a really good interview with the folks from the Wenatchee, WA, hospital, and the Director of the Sleep Lab wants to have a 2nd interview on Skype. Skype wouldn't work on my phone yesterday - I found the problem - I needed to download a software update to it - now it works fine. They're moving forward to ask me to contact my 3 professional references - pray for me you guys. I would love to return to my home state and move to Wenatchee, WA, it's a small town of 33,000 people right on the edge of the eastern Cascade Mountains. It is filled with beauty - apples and now grapes are prominently grown there. I was comfortable enought to laugh and joke with them on the phone - that is somewhat common - but not this openly. I really am hoping and praying that this will be the one.

Everyone have good and productive (if you're looking for production, of course) Thursday's!

Old 08-10-2017, 06:58 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Elko.............praying for the Wenatchee job for you......"may it be so"

Old 08-10-2017, 01:51 PM

If this is the right job Elko the doors will open!! Praying.

Old 08-10-2017, 04:56 PM

Thanks you two - I got a call from the Sleep Lab Manager today. My 2nd interview, this one on Skype, will be Friday at 12:30PM Central Time. This is huge - if it goes well it may lead to a job offer!

Everyone have good Thursday nights!

Old 08-10-2017, 11:35 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I have seriously arranged my schedule, such as it was, to attend to people who were dead and dying. You can't leave them alone. I was once very ill, near death, but I could hear and feel everything. Thankfully that only lasted for a few days, but I'll never forget it.

Gerania - it sounds like you and cyn get it fully, completely. I just could not do anything else - since I didn't get back to Washington state from mid-Missouri to see my Dad before he passed away I vowed in my heart that things would be different when Mom got very, very ill. And to hug her tightly and tell her to keep on fighting it with all your strength, that made me feel much better about everything. I was sick that she was so sick. But to be there and hug her helped with my grief over losing both of them so much. RIP Mom and Dad

NVPlumber - she sounds like she really touched your soul deeply. That's an understatement - your recollections show how much you truly loved her. I am so sorry for your loss - I think those vivid recollections are helping you immensely, though.

cyn - I hope your arms/shoulders are good today.

I had a really good interview with the folks from the Wenatchee, WA, hospital, and the Director of the Sleep Lab wants to have a 2nd interview on Skype. Skype wouldn't work on my phone yesterday - I found the problem - I needed to download a software update to it - now it works fine. They're moving forward to ask me to contact my 3 professional references - pray for me you guys. I would love to return to my home state and move to Wenatchee, WA, it's a small town of 33,000 people right on the edge of the eastern Cascade Mountains. It is filled with beauty - apples and now grapes are prominently grown there. I was comfortable enought to laugh and joke with them on the phone - that is somewhat common - but not this openly. I really am hoping and praying that this will be the one.

Everyone have good and productive (if you're looking for production, of course) Thursday's!
Yeah, I think we do. When my mother-in-law was in hospice care at home, I talked to her in the middle of the night. Cancer for the third time. I told her that her son and I would take care of her husband. She died less than an hour later. She just didn't want to let go. I'd like to think that she heard me.

I've watched both of my parents and my husband go by inches--for a week--in the hospital. Not pretty. I talked to my dad and husband. Mom had a massive stroke which destroyed most of her brain, so I know she wasn't going to hear anything I said.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:47 AM

I remember my mother being in poor health for quite awhile and hospitalized several times. She had moved to Virginia for 10 years and those were the years I had my children, her grand children. She moved back to CA for her final couple of years. Each time I visited her in the hospital I begged her to fight and give herself more time to get to know her grand children. She pulled through each time but the last time was bad and I knew she was tired and was not living anymore but just existing so I told her If she was tired and didn't have the fight in her I understood. She passed away a few hours later. I was sad but relieved she could finally rest. At least she did get to know her grand children. I really felt like she could hear what I was saying.
Work tonight and a lot to do around the house today so time to get busy.
I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 08-11-2017, 06:06 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
These experiences of death coming after loved ones gave permission "to let go....it will be alright"; remind me of a similar situation I had. I was working at a long term care facility for people with profound mental and physical handicapped. My clients were those that in the outside world are often, and cruelly dismissed as "vegetables". There was one young man, Timmy.....who was pretty much totally paralyzed and profoundly mentally retarded.....he couldn't even feed himself or perform and of the activities of daily living. I used to go sit by his bedside and read him poetry.....as a way to relate to him....he responded positively to my voice and company and seemed to relax......and smile when I spoke.

Timmy became very ill and was admitted to the hospital with a raging fever and infection that did not respond to any anti biotics they had to offer for treatment. The doctor spoke to me and said Timmy was dying.....but was fighting to stay alive....day by day....when I went over...He would smile at me and I would sit and read to him....and talk to him. There was little reason to think he comprehended much of what I said.....but I did anyway.

After several days......when I sat with Timmy....I said to him that I thought he was hanging on because he didnt want to let anyone down; I told him that we all loved him and were proud of him......and if he was tired of being sick .... and wanted to close his eyes and let go......It would be alright...that he was safe......and we would be ok too.......I left him with his curtain pulled around his bed.....went out for a walk and when I came back in....the chaplain advised me that Timmy had passed. He needed permission before he would die.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:47 AM

That gave me goose bumps elston. But I believe it is so true.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:52 AM

Very sad but beautiful story, elston. I think that all of us reading that gained from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning