Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2017, 08:57 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times

Advertisements

Yes elston--I put it off longer then I should have...just kept hoping I could fix it without surgery! Tomorrow my friend will be here. I pray all just goes well and I will be so beyond happy when it's all over!

Old 12-11-2017, 05:11 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Good Morning cyn.......I have been thinking of you the last several hours, since I got up. I know this is an anxious time for you. I am holding you in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to do so .... until after your surgery. God Bless You.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:44 AM

815 posts, read 982,068 times
Good morning. It was 31 degrees here again this morning. BRRRRRRR. But we are supposed to warm up to 63 today, and only 45 tonight.

Cyn, I hope you had a safe and uneventful drive to pick up your friend this morning. But it was probably cold and dark and I don't envy you getting out and about that early in the morning.
Please try to relax and enjoy spending time with your guest. No sense in worrying about the surgery. It is what it is.

Where is Elko? Maybe frozen solid way up there in the frigid north?

Elston, looks like you got some cooler temps down in your area, at least for Florida.

Happy Monday everyone!

Old 12-11-2017, 07:59 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
Good morning. It was 31 degrees here again this morning. BRRRRRRR. But we are supposed to warm up to 63 today, and only 45 tonight.

Cyn, I hope you had a safe and uneventful drive to pick up your friend this morning. But it was probably cold and dark and I don't envy you getting out and about that early in the morning.
Please try to relax and enjoy spending time with your guest. No sense in worrying about the surgery. It is what it is.

Where is Elko? Maybe frozen solid way up there in the frigid north?

Elston, looks like you got some cooler temps down in your area, at least for Florida.

Happy Monday everyone!
Yes Molly....I put on socks this morning and made something in the oven....(Chex Party Mix at 250 degrees).

Old 12-11-2017, 10:20 AM

That's my elston--cooking and warming at the same time! I am so very anxious about everything but mostly about my poor little Bella. Her leg is so bad but I am doing the best I can for now but there are some sad choices soon to come--just not right now with all that is going on. Not sure why I feel so scared of this surgery--I've had my share of operations and never felt like this. Probably from all I have gone through these last few years.
Yes Molly, we did get my dear friend and we are home now. Her flight we 40 minutes early so she had to sit and wait--at least she finally went inside. She's sound asleep on my couch now--exhausted for sure. I just love her to death. We laughed and talked a lot already and we still have so much to catch up on. A great friend!
I am pretty tired myself since I just could not sleep last night---go figure!

Old 12-12-2017, 05:58 AM

Still not sleeping very well but I suppose that is to be expected. I am very sorry for getting here so late lately but a lot is going on. I am enjoying my friend while showing her our routine here with the animals. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and I will only be gone one day and night! I pray for that! Not sure exactly why but I feel like crying--guess I'm just worried about everything. I know my girlfriend can handle everything.........
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 12-12-2017 at 06:42 AM..

Old 12-12-2017, 07:01 AM

815 posts, read 982,068 times
Sometimes I feel like crying when I get overwhelmed with life stuff. So you know what? I cry! I just let it all out and sob and wail, and it can be very cathartic.

Although it does make the dogs nervous!

I think everything (emotions, especially) is amplified by the "festive" holiday season. I am not a Grinch or a Scrooge, but I just don't really "enjoy" this time of year. It seems more like something to "get through" for me, and I am always relieved when it is all over and things go back to "normal". The whole thing seems fake and 'forced' to me, and that just causes me to have a general sense of unease.

I do decorate the house and participate marginally in holiday activities. I love looking at the pretty lights.

Anyway, cyn, I think what you are feeling is pretty normal (from my perspective). But by all means, have yourself a good cry if you need to. It might just make you feel better

Old 12-12-2017, 01:29 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Still not sleeping very well but I suppose that is to be expected. I am very sorry for getting here so late lately but a lot is going on. I am enjoying my friend while showing her our routine here with the animals. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and I will only be gone one day and night! I pray for that! Not sure exactly why but I feel like crying--guess I'm just worried about everything. I know my girlfriend can handle everything.........
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
It’s only natural that you should feel nervous. Surgery is scary. Just try to focus on how great it will be to have a normal shoulder again. I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:26 PM

Tears are flowing---thank you all my dearest friend/angels.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:26 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
cyn - I'm sending you positive energy from the great Pacific Northwest tonight. I've been busy working and finally I'm off for my 4-day stretch of time off. Everything will go well - just let the professionals do their jobs and do as they instruct you and you will be fine.

Hi to everyone - I've been busy working and finally have some time off to participate on here. I'm getting older and work just sucks the life outta me any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning