Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2018, 07:04 AM

815 posts, read 981,748 times

Advertisements

You should do what is best for YOU right now cyn. I am sure you appreciate your son's concern, and it is valid. Something to think about in the future. But for now you are fine where you are. Of course it is not always easy, but not much in life is.

Try not to worry about it, and just enjoy where you are now and your church and your neighbors and your animals. When and if the time comes that you are unable to manage, you can decide if moving closer to your son is the best option

Old 04-07-2018, 07:31 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Yes elston, it was my son who gave me his Bassets and although I love them to death it is a big cost and responsibility. I do think they help me take care of myself often times since I get out and walk them so much and they are such sweet company.
Thank you so much Molly--you have confirmed my exact thoughts. Now is not the time to stress about yet another thing! Still is weighs heavy on my mind at times.
I don't even think his only thought was being closer to him but not to have so much to be responsible for. He even said I could move to another state that may cost less. Well that isn't an option! Who knows what tomorrow will bring....think I'll just take care of things here for now.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:11 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Yes elston, it was my son who gave me his Bassets and although I love them to death it is a big cost and responsibility. I do think they help me take care of myself often times since I get out and walk them so much and they are such sweet company.
Thank you so much Molly--you have confirmed my exact thoughts. Now is not the time to stress about yet another thing! Still is weighs heavy on my mind at times.
I don't even think his only thought was being closer to him but not to have so much to be responsible for. He even said I could move to another state that may cost less. Well that isn't an option! Who knows what tomorrow will bring....think I'll just take care of things here for now.

cyn.....I am sorry that my response to your post wasn't as gentle and supportive as I wish it had been. Molly was much more on point. I guess I have been annoyed with your son for straddling you with the cost and care of those large and elderly dogs....it worked out nicely for him.....but really has been, and still is a burden for you.
So his suggestion of how to simplify your life....rings hollow. He could do more to help you out.....like buy the dog food and pay the vet bills.

They do provide company and love...and give you "purpose" everyday morning and night....but they at times exhaust you physically and emotionally and financially.

You will work it out. I have confidence in you.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:42 AM

No worries elston...I did not read your post as not caring or gentle. I know you so well and I know your feelings towards my son and his lack of responsibility. And I agree. But I remind myself all the time my dogs had nothing at all to do with the situation and I will make it the best life possible for them!
I think my biggest problem is like so many others and that is the financial situation. At least I have a home with a roof over my head!

Old 04-07-2018, 12:42 PM

that is true cyn.......and that is a blessing .... a roof over your head and the dogs' too

Old 04-07-2018, 05:06 PM

911 posts, read 262,565 times
I guess things are OK elston.... Thanx for asking

Hope your weekend is going good all!!

Old 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,501,432 times
I'm enjoying the first of 4 days off, so I'm a happy camper. Getting some computer time to myself instead of for my employer. The job is going good, I got some positive feedback from a fellow Sleep Tech I respect the abilities of, so that made me feel good. I also took 2 patients for the first time in the 7 weeks I've been working here and it went well last night, so all of this is soothing to someone coming back to an old job. You guys may or may not be surprised how tough it is to get some good feedback about how you are doing at your job. Funny, though, back in 2003, after I was laid off for the 2nd time from The Boeing Company in Everett, WA, I knew the medical field was going to be that way. Anything you get you're going to have to earn and don't expect many compliments, unless you're truly a groundbreaking worker. I am not one of those, though technically I will apply to work this job anywhere in the U.S. and have confidence in myself that I could work at any of those places. I do care about people and know how to take care of them - one thing I value in myself as an employee in medical is I listen to people when they share information and stories about themself. It is right out of the Bible, and I know some of you do not believe that the Bible is God's Word, I know it is God's Word, and I know God approves of it. Listen to someone with your attention on them - not yourself and your golf club, car, or wallet. Listen to them and get their story - or at least find out where they're coming from that worknight. They will appreciate it and you will feel the gratification of helping someone. After all, Jesus told us in the Bible that there's more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.

That's what keeps me coming back to this thread. I enjoy the online teamwork here - I have witnessed it helping people that come to this thread. I am interested in helping people and showing love to people. In a land where moronic people decide that they have the right to take a gun out and mow people down for no reason at all, I think it's imperative we look to lend other people a helping hand.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday nights - it's 11:54PM here in the Mountain Time Zone, and have good Sunday's too!

Old 04-08-2018, 04:27 AM

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday!
I am so blessed and that is what I need to constantly remember elston.
And Bambo, I also hope all is going well with you. You always have compassion for others and that is really a good thing!
It's very cold here this morning!
Good to hear how well you are doing elko!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 04-08-2018 at 04:57 AM..

Old 04-08-2018, 05:29 AM

911 posts, read 262,565 times
Ahhhh thank you CYN,if you goto church today I hope its a good session

Old 04-08-2018, 06:22 AM

Good Morning Everyone. I am looking forward to my Quaker Meeting this morning. Have a good day....and I hope that you catch a break with the weather....its lovely here...with a slight chance of some much needed rain later. I really hope so. I watch as the water level in the smaller ponds drop lower and lower. We will need several good gullywashers to replenish them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning