Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 12:31 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,273,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Just ordered this through the PX, $315...cound not find on even close to touching this price down town....

Search Results

I know some of you don't like the off brands....but I love the 30rd capacity......
I honestly don't have a lot of confidence in Kel-Tec, particularly this model...not after one blew on my friend.

More info here:
My PMR-30 blew up. * - KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 06:12 AM

7,131 posts, read 11,850,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
I honestly don't have a lot of confidence in Kel-Tec, particularly this model...not after one blew on my friend.
hmmmmmmm......now, THAT would make me rethink!

Old 09-07-2011, 06:51 AM

46,326 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post

More info here:
My PMR-30 blew up. * - KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum
Well, you know, things happen....just so happened that they were using the same ammo.

This will not deter me from firing it, just like you still have glock owner who swear by them...even though glock had a history of blowing up....

Will I be more careful, and pay more attention until I'm comfortable with it...yep I will....

Old 09-07-2011, 07:13 AM

Gotta say....seeing the reports laid out like that would certainly give me pause....

Old 09-07-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Gotta say....seeing the reports laid out like that would certainly give me pause....
Then you should never drive again, cross rail road tracks, fly in a plane, ride in a boat, because they have all killed people..

Of course my way of thiniking has never been right....

Old 09-07-2011, 04:03 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,927,835 times
Default Not too hot on Kel Tech, but you may have lucked out.

Hope you have better luck with it than I've seen with them here in my shop. I've worked on better than 10 of the Kel Tec pistols in the past 15 yrs, (usually 9mm, BTW...) all for malfunctioning errors once they are a few hundred rounds old. They pretty much, to a gun, all suffered the same fate: they either failed to pick up a new round, or failed to properly eject, or the spent casing stove-piped.

For a gun you might eventually peg you life on, I'd be a bit careful about seeing it through it's paces! Else, trade it in (via gunbroker, etc) for a nice Taurus or Springfield Armory XD(M) in 9mm or better yet, 40S&W. Hard-hitting, easily disassembled but, good spare parts supply, and..... when you buy an extra mag, you'll have 3 of them (it comes with two...), with (in 9mm ) that's a total of 60 ultra-reliable rounds available.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then you should never drive again, cross rail road tracks, fly in a plane, ride in a boat, because they have all killed people..

Of course my way of thiniking has never been right....
Now, I've tried hard to be respectful of your choice - and then you want to get all snide. Your choice.....

Old 09-07-2011, 05:31 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,875,398 times
I'll admit, I am a fan of Ruger wheel guns and Browning Rifles, and pump shotguns, (I would prefer a side by side double barrel, but all the good ones are somewhat pricey!! So I use a Browning Pump.) but.... I am an accuracy freak. Seldomly do I get a shot at a White Tailed Deer any closer than 250 yds, ergo my Browning Rifle. My handgun is a .41 Mag w/6in barrel and I create my own ammunition, I hand weigh each powder charge, I also weigh the bullets and adjust the powder charges accordingly.

Last edited by Dusty Rhodes; 09-07-2011 at 05:39 PM..

Old 09-07-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Now, I've tried hard to be respectful of your choice - and then you want to get all snide. Your choice.....
No sir, you responded twice to a single post: (post 12) and (Post 14)

Post 12

Quote:
hmmmmmmm......now, THAT would make me rethink!
then I posted, a very respectful post so SVTRay Post 11, on how I feel....

Quote:
Well, you know, things happen....just so happened that they were using the same ammo.

This will not deter me from firing it, just like you still have glock owner who swear by them...even though glock had a history of blowing up....

Will I be more careful, and pay more attention until I'm comfortable with it...yep I will....
And you come back with another comment....(Post 14)

Quote:
As I said before, my thinking does not always correlate to what other think, I did not mean to be snide, but after I answered post 11 you had answered again....

To me, if anyone was snide, it was not me....you stated you opinion (twice), I never would have posted again towards that post...until you backed up your first comment with a second...

Sorry, I did not mean to irritate you or anyone else... really!!

Old 09-07-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Hope you have better luck with it than I've seen with them here in my shop. I've worked on better than 10 of the Kel Tec pistols in the past 15 yrs, (usually 9mm, BTW...) all for malfunctioning errors once they are a few hundred rounds old. They pretty much, to a gun, all suffered the same fate: they either failed to pick up a new round, or failed to properly eject, or the spent casing stove-piped.

For a gun you might eventually peg you life on, I'd be a bit careful about seeing it through it's paces! Else, trade it in (via gunbroker, etc) for a nice Taurus or Springfield Armory XD(M) in 9mm or better yet, 40S&W. Hard-hitting, easily disassembled but, good spare parts supply, and..... when you buy an extra mag, you'll have 3 of them (it comes with two...), with (in 9mm ) that's a total of 60 ultra-reliable rounds available.
I respect your views, but 10 pistols in 15 years is not that many........

If this gun is to save me, it will be a back up to my Browning HP....

Again, I respect everyone's views, but if you need 60 ultra-reliable rounds....your in the wrong place to begin with...

I also have a Hi-Point, I know some of you just fell over laughing....but my challenge of putting all 10 rounds in an 8 inch pie plate, at the furthest distance I would shoot in my house....about 20 steps....winner takes both guns...has never been accepted....My friends have Kimber and other of the same sort....

My point being, it does what I need it to do....I don't need to put every round through the same hole....

These are just my opinions....not trying to **** anyone off....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting