Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should the general public be allowed to posses?
Anything, including weapons that the Gov doesn't have. 137 65.55%
Restricted to what Gov has. 31 14.83%
Restricted to far less than what the Gov has. 23 11.00%
Restricted to hunting rifles and shotguns only. 21 10.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 11:54 PM

169 posts, read 160,194 times

Advertisements

You know Bill...you really should have had those tranferred to FFLs and sold. CUZ...WE REALLY WOULD HAVE LIKE TO HAVE BOUGHTEN THEM!! And you needed the MONEY!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 02:37 AM

79 posts, read 86,420 times
Just jumping in here and didnt read everything but if your a legal law abiding "mostly" citizen then you should be able to own anything you want in the world of firearms. Let the fed and state gov track what they want , require all the permitts you want, make all new firearm owners complete a course familiarizing them with both safe use and current laws, but i should not be deprived the right of owning something until deemed to unstable for responsible ownership or have done something to have my legal rights removed.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:08 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4fun31 View Post
Just jumping in here and didnt read everything but if your a legal law abiding "mostly" citizen then you should be able to own anything you want in the world of firearms. Let the fed and state gov track what they want , require all the permitts you want, make all new firearm owners complete a course familiarizing them with both safe use and current laws, but i should not be deprived the right of owning something until deemed to unstable for responsible ownership or have done something to have my legal rights removed.

I disagree. I believe that anything the goverment can use, the individual citizen should also be allowed to use as well, all without any goverment pemits or permissions.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:32 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I disagree. I believe that anything the goverment can use, the individual citizen should also be allowed to use as well, all without any goverment pemits or permissions.
Well said. I do not need the government's permission to exercise a right that is already secured by the U.S. Constitution.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:00 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,619,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Well said. I do not need the government's permission to exercise a right that is already secured by the U.S. Constitution.

Try getting a concealed carry permit in California or Illinois.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:26 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,448,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Living in either of those states is an IQ test, so why even bother? Come on over to the Far East.... can get virtually anything you want, and there is no such thing as a concealed carry permit.... We can walk right down the street with your favorite version of an AK, full auto, and no one even cares.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:31 AM

197 posts, read 299,451 times
Quote:

And of course the usual " everyone knows" crap , maybe you should get back to us all when you finally learn that there's more to the state of Calif than just the Bay Area and the L.A. Basin.

And don't even bother to make the attempt to argue , there's a whole bunch of NorCal counties that are ****SHALL ISSUE***** and a CCW is valid over the entire state..................so much for the prevailing " nobody can get a CCW in Calif" crap ............

Old 06-04-2012, 03:46 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,619,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninAmok View Post
And of course the usual " everyone knows" crap , maybe you should get back to us all when you finally learn that there's more to the state of Calif than just the Bay Area and the L.A. Basin.

And don't even bother to make the attempt to argue , there's a whole bunch of NorCal counties that are ****SHALL ISSUE***** and a CCW is valid over the entire state..................so much for the prevailing " nobody can get a CCW in Calif" crap ............

Tell me where to buy a Barrett .50 cal in Cali.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:00 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,448,554 times
Quote:
Exactly
Also ask RoninAmok how, when I move back to the states, how I can transfer all the machine guns and NFA stuff I have in a different state, into CA...

Old 06-04-2012, 06:34 PM

197 posts, read 299,451 times
Quote:

And the .50 bmg ban in Cal has WHAT to do with CCW?Your point would be what exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting