Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2010, 08:38 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
What are you going to be shooting at in total darkness? How are you going to identify the target?
Night sights don't require total darkness to be effective, in fact they remain superior to stock sights in low light conditions and the right set work extremely well in full light.

Quote:
A bright light on target
Not everyone carries a Surefire when they are out and about.

Quote:
visible sights are the quickest and easiest way to accurately take out an objective. (For home defense purposes of course.)
Which is why people put night sights on a their weapons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 08:39 PM

927 posts, read 1,458,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm afraid to ask, but do you mean to say that when ever someone knocks on your door you pick up your weapon?
as in EVERYONE who knows me and my wife knows to call first ...

IF someone is knocking unexpectedly - I don't know them and they weren't invited ... and I don't take chances ...

Old 05-27-2010, 08:52 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times
Quote:
Night sights don't require total darkness to be effective, in fact they remain superior to stock sights in low light conditions and the right set work extremely well in full light.

I think you ought to reread my post. (as well as the post i was responding to). Im not arguing against open sights (night or otherwise)

Save the headslap for yourself.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:18 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,858,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seastar311 View Post
I'd like to try out those laser sights. Are they all grip activated or just the Crimson Trace? Obviously I don't know much about this.
Crimson trace is the grip activated laser, a lasermax guide rod laser has a switch you touch with your trigger finger.

I have CT laser grips on my g30, love em!

Old 05-28-2010, 04:06 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
I'm thinking my new concealed carry gun is going to be the Glock 32. A compact model chambered in 357 Sig is pretty tempting.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:44 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I'm thinking my new concealed carry gun is going to be the Glock 32. A compact model chambered in 357 Sig is pretty tempting.
The .357 Sig is certainly...interesting. I think it would be a dandy carbine or sub machine gun round. We have a guy who shoots one in steel competition here, I HATE the thing! I always end up doing a heap of target repair after a match when he shoots. I don't own a Glock myself, but always thought that having one or two to throw in the stash vault with my AK's would be a good idea. 21's would be my choice, bone stock. They are double tough, reliable, simple....I don't really like them that much , handling wise I much prefer a 1911 or a good solid revolver .45 ACP and .45 Colt respectively followed closely by the .357 mag in a K or L frame. Glocks just seem like a good sliding down the sandwash throw it down in the dirt by the fire kinda piece suited for rough service. Like my AK's I would not shoot them much, just keep em' for a rainy day.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:33 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The .357 Sig is certainly...interesting. I think it would be a dandy carbine or sub machine gun round. We have a guy who shoots one in steel competition here, I HATE the thing! I always end up doing a heap of target repair after a match when he shoots. I don't own a Glock myself, but always thought that having one or two to throw in the stash vault with my AK's would be a good idea. 21's would be my choice, bone stock. They are double tough, reliable, simple....I don't really like them that much , handling wise I much prefer a 1911 or a good solid revolver .45 ACP and .45 Colt respectively followed closely by the .357 mag in a K or L frame. Glocks just seem like a good sliding down the sandwash throw it down in the dirt by the fire kinda piece suited for rough service. Like my AK's I would not shoot them much, just keep em' for a rainy day.
I actually own a G21 now. It's a great gun and I'm very happy with it, but obviously it's far too large to carry concealed.

I have had that the .357 SIG will tear up metal targets. That round has some excellent ballistics.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:01 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I actually own a G21 now. It's a great gun and I'm very happy with it, but obviously it's far too large to carry concealed.

I have had that the .357 SIG will tear up metal targets. That round has some excellent ballistics.
LMAO, as the guy who has to fix the targets, I have been leaning toward putting the Sig in the rule book as a magnum cartrige and making the guy shoot the .45 I know he has. It is actually to much for my targets, and they cost to fix. Since the round can't be loaded down and still have the gun work, sorry bud, use something else, unless you want to pay extra to shoot our match.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:45 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,858,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
My g30 is a flawless operating firearm. Bought used (Carried but not fired) for $350.00. Over 1,500 rounds and not one problem yet.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:36 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times
Quote:

Yes yes and yes, I'm failing to see where I disagree with any of those points in my previous post.

Visible sights (night or otherwise) + bright light > lazer sights (for home defense purposes.)

Thats all I was saying while responding to guy that "gave up" on so called "night sights".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting