Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 09:45 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,089,225 times

Advertisements

My hair is thinning out. I used to have thick hair but hair kept falling off since I had it straightened 12 years ago. I had it straightened only twice and had it permed 3 times. Any tips ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 03:02 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times
No, but I doubt that something you did 12 years ago is making it fall out now.

Is there any medication you have started taking or have you been going through some stressful times?

Old 10-09-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
No, but I doubt that something you did 12 years ago is making it fall out now.

Is there any medication you have started taking or have you been going through some stressful times?
No I am not taking any medication. I am not stressed either.

Yes, it all started after having it straightened 12 years ago. I don't know what chemicals they put on my hair that it kept falling since then.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:15 AM

5,332 posts, read 8,541,852 times
I have a medical condition that causes episodes of hair loss.

I researched a bunch of vitamins a few years back, and started taking the following combination daily - gradually over 4-6 months, the hair loss stopped, and now it no longer even happens at all.

Biotin 5000 mcg per day
B-complex - coenzyme version (this means its already converted to the form your body uses, so it bypasses any absorption or conversion problems)
Jarrow Formulas JarroSil - liquid activated silicon - 10-15 drops per day
MSM- 3-5,000 mg per day

If you have female pattern baldness, I am not sure if the above regimen would help, but it most likely couldn't hurt to try.

One last thing - I haven't used these products for hair loss (but I've used others from this site with great effectiveness for skin).

I will share a strange story with you, and you can see what you think. A while back, my elderly cat had his fur shaved on his tummy and then it never grew back. The vet had no idea why. Months and months went by.At some point during that time, I was using the copper peptides for skin from that site I linked. I would apply them every day using my right hand. I would also hold my cat and rub his belly with my right hand on a daily basis as well. After a while, the fur on his belly started growing again. It may be a total coincidence, but the only change I could determine was that I was using the copper peptides every day and they would get onto his skin when I rubbed his bare belly.

It made me think that maybe the copper peptides for hair loss worked as well as the copper peptides do for improving skin.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:23 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,289,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayadihaircare View Post
There are some other reason for your hair thinning out.You should consult with hair doctor about this problem.
This.

A chemical process 12 years ago would not be affecting your hair NOW. Something else is going on.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:26 PM

Thank you all for your response. I will look for a doctor to have it checked.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:02 AM

25,948 posts, read 22,102,658 times
What is your age? That can make a difference. Also, is it thinning all over or in spots like the crown of the head or around the forehead. Is your hair long or short? I take a skin, hair and nail liquid capsule from Puritan's Pride that has helped the condition of my hair and nails, skin maybe. I'm 59 years old though and try to eat right and exercise.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
What is your age? That can make a difference. Also, is it thinning all over or in spots like the crown of the head or around the forehead. Is your hair long or short? I take a skin, hair and nail liquid capsule from Puritan's Pride that has helped the condition of my hair and nails, skin maybe. I'm 59 years old though and try to eat right and exercise.
I'm in my 30's. I have falling hair everytime I wash and comb my hair. I have already noticed my hair thinning out for awhile but I have only noticed that I am having some bald patches on the forehead just last month.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:32 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,289,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I'm in my 30's. I have falling hair everytime I wash and comb my hair. I have already noticed my hair thinning out for awhile but I have only noticed that I am having some bald patches on the forehead just last month.
It is normal to lose like 80 to 100 hairs a day. (more or less depending on thickness of course) I don't wash my hair every day, so when I do, I have 2 or 3 day's worth so it looks like a TON of hair coming out.

Are these full length hairs, like from the scalp? Or is it shorter pieces, like breakage? What are you using to comb/brush your hair?

Old 10-11-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
It is normal to lose like 80 to 100 hairs a day. (more or less depending on thickness of course) I don't wash my hair every day, so when I do, I have 2 or 3 day's worth so it looks like a TON of hair coming out.

Are these full length hairs, like from the scalp? Or is it shorter pieces, like breakage? What are you using to comb/brush your hair?
Yes it is normal to lose hair, however I noticed that I seem to lose so much hair and because I used to have thick hair back then.
Full length hairs... I use Hair Doctor comb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care