Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 10:28 PM

81 posts, read 351,605 times

Advertisements

So I know many women and also read some opinion of women on the web about buzzcut on men. Most said they don't like it or it's a nogo.The minority said they don't care or find it sexy. I always though women love buzzcut on the right men, because it looks more masculine. I'm not only thinking of almost bald, but also hair up to around 1/2 inch.

Why is Jason Statham such a Sexsymbol or Channing Tatum and many other Celebs who have or had buzzcuts?

What many women mentioned is that they can't run their fingers through the hair. I mean did you ever run your finger through a buzzcut? Even I as a man love to always run my hand over my head when I get a buzzcut, because the fuzz feels amazing. Never do it with longer hair. Thought women would like this feel as well.

Do women really think these men don't look good because of the buzzcut?

Or a little bit longer than a Buzzcut?

Or men who suits the bald look, really that bad and not attractive?

I mean you can even kiss the bald head or lick chocolate or somethong of his head

Kelly Slater

In my opinion if the guy can pull of the buzzcut or bald head it looks damn good to me. What's so unattractive about it?

I know that most men can't pull it off. But the men who can pull it off still not sexy to you?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 08:11 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
My son wears a buzzcut, it is not as short as the ones pictured but he likes it and I think it does look nice on him.

I think they look good on the right people, same with bald heads.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:06 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,597,909 times
I think the look is fine, but sometimes my problem is what's going on in the head underneath the hair -- many of the men I've met who wear the buzzcut style think they are some sort of tough macho badarse guy....when I think they're just jerks. As a result, I'm a bit wary of gents who wear that hairstyle, but I like it from an aesthetic standpoint.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:11 AM

3,493 posts, read 3,200,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
I think the look is fine, but sometimes my problem is what's going on in the head underneath the hair -- many of the men I've met who wear the buzzcut style think they are some sort of tough macho badarse guy....when I think they're just jerks. As a result, I'm a bit wary of gents who wear that hairstyle, but I like it from an aesthetic standpoint.
Some men have bad hair. Wavy, irregularly wavy, kinky, balding in some unusual pattern that can't be combed to look right, thick and thin from area to area. In my experience, these are the guys who just buzz it. Eliminates hours of tinkering with hair. I don't care for the look on most men but for them, its nirvana.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:19 AM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
I went from shoulder length to buzz cut. Only because of thinning hair. I prefer shoulder length. Great to feel the wind blow your hair.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:08 AM

81 posts, read 351,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Some men have bad hair. Wavy, irregularly wavy, kinky, balding in some unusual pattern that can't be combed to look right, thick and thin from area to area. In my experience, these are the guys who just buzz it. Eliminates hours of tinkering with hair. I don't care for the look on most men but for them, its nirvana.
But there are some men who even buzz it with perfect hair, because this cut suits their face best. Some have big heads like Vin Diesel, he would look wierd with hair. Other like the masculinity it offers. Why do you think many men wear a beard. For the same reason.

When i grow my hair out, I look like a young nerd. With a buzzcut my high cheekbones and jaw gets more prominent and I look mature and like a man. Incredible difference in my case.

Channing Tatum and of course Dominic Purcell (who has an amazing hairline) have perfect hair and wear a buzzcut. Channing Tatum not any more because he got fat in the face and doesn't suit him anymore

Old 11-04-2013, 09:08 AM

2,274 posts, read 3,073,826 times
I know there is a % of women out there who absolutely love the look. I have a very close buzzcut myself and it was actually at the suggestion of my beautiful fiancee that I gave it a try. I always had a bit of a short fade but was starting to thin a bit on top so I gave it a try and loved it. She loves it, too, and I've gotten comments from other attractive women on it. A side benefit (for me) is that I can get my girl to shave my head once every 2 weeks or so and it saves me time plus $30-40 per month on haircuts. Cha ching!

Old 11-04-2013, 07:52 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Women look good too.

buzz cut woman - Bing Images

Old 11-04-2013, 08:51 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Not a fan.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:18 AM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
It's a no-win double standard. I'll take the "balding in an unusual pattern that can't be combed to look right" part as an example. Women are constantly laughing at the "combover" look, at least on these forums, saying that it's unnatural and a sign of "unmacho" insecurity, as well as the use of a toupee (at least when they look cheesy and obvious, and I'll grant in that case as well as most combovers they look pretty awful). Yet when us guys buzz it (and most balding patterns still look pretty good buzzed, even in guys who don't have the head for a complete "shave your head" look to work) then either it's just as bad or that they look like criminals about to assault women.

The face matters too. When I was younger I liked having my hair long, wavy and kinky; but 20 years later with an older face I think a buzz or near buzz fits it a lot better. Maybe that's how most women think, when they're say 20 it's the "Fabio" look, but at say 35 or 45 it's more the Jason Statham, Vin Diesel or Shemar Moore look.

I'll grant too though that women have their own "no-win double standard", most guys think very short hair on women doesn't work (except when they're over 50 when the reverse becomes true); maybe it would be more accepted if balding in women were more common....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care