Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 04:48 PM

26 posts, read 45,542 times

Advertisements

She may be right! I just retired after 35 years of labor and delivery nursing. My husband says one more bad day and he's done after 37 years with Ma Bell. I lived @ Nanakuli and Ewa Beach for 3 years as a military brat. Took Hawaiian language classes and hula lessons. Spent almost every day @ the beach. Loved body surfing @ Nanakuli and Makaha. Met many beautiful,soulful Hawaiians. Cried when I left. I realize I have been subconciously trying to return for all these years. Trips to Florida, Caribbean,Mexico. Trying to grow tropical plants in my yard. Finally returned to the BI in 2006 for 2 wk vaca. Watched hula and rcvd a plumeria lei. Broke out in tears. Returned yearly to Oahu, Kauai, Maui since then.
Long story short, I have Hawaiian Island fever BAD. I love the people, the culture, the BEAUTY, the weather, the ocean,the music. I think I'm hopeless until I return for good. My days are numbered in Boise,ID. The thought of 2 more winters is torture! I hope to be joining all you lucky people who live on the BI. I'm doing my research and have found invaluable info here. I think I've read almost every post now. I'll keep you updated on my quest. Mahalo for all your great advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 11:51 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,574,655 times
Find some Cecilio and Kapono mele, or a little Brothers Cazimero, put that on the CD or whatever ya got, pop a Primo, if ya can find, steal some sand from somewhere, put your feet in that, and chill out............ might tide ya over.. Wait a sec, just reread your post,,, I've been to Boise,,,, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? joke................ and then again.

Aloha

Old 04-07-2012, 12:11 AM

1,730 posts, read 3,811,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Find some Cecilio and Kapono mele, or a little Brothers Cazimero, put that on the CD or whatever ya got, pop a Primo, if ya can find, steal some sand from somewhere, put your feet in that, and chill out............ might tide ya over..
Ahhhhkk... just as a "relaunch" of Primo isn't the same beer, and C & K are now just "K" since "C" became incarcerated for child molestation, you cannot bring back the past.....

Old 04-07-2012, 09:19 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,447,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCity View Post
Ahhhhkk... just as a "relaunch" of Primo isn't the same beer, and C & K are now just "K" since "C" became incarcerated for child molestation, you cannot bring back the past.....
Agreed, but you can keep moving forward. I love the old stuff, too, but these days I'm also listening to the likes of Makana, and Jeff Peterson, and Hapa, and enjoying the likes of a Longboard or a Mehana Pale Ale.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:30 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,574,655 times
Just because you can't bring back the past doesn't mean you can't still enjoy what it has to offer. I'll take 'Honolulu City Lights' over pretty much anything else out there today.. And Primo was fairly pilau pia even in it's heyday back in the seventies, doesn't mean one can't enjoy the memories or visions of days past that it's mere recollection conjures up. Hell, I may as well stop listening to Mozart and drinking the occasional Guinness if what you are implying is the case. And Geoff Peterson is a gay dead zombie robot, why even bring him up?

Aloha

not that there's anything WRONG with gay dead zombie robots

Old 04-07-2012, 04:53 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,447,082 times
Nahhhhh, JEFF Peterson... Slack key guitarist JEFF PETERSON, the son of a Maui Paniolo (Hawaiian cowboy), grew up on Haleakala Ranch ... featured on Hawaii's first GRAMMY Award-winning CD (Slack Key Guitar Volume 2).

He's excellent. I saw him in live concert at the TMC Theater inside Volcanoes National Park. He not only plays the old style flawlessly, he's also artist enough to push the art onwards, and incorporating jazz and rock elements at will. I recommend his music wholeheartedly.

Here's a nice taste, one of many available online...

Jeff Peterson - "Pua Ahihi" Instrumental Slack Key Guitar - YouTube

And here's his own site... Jeff Peterson » Official Website of Slack Key Guitar Player – Jeff Peterson (http://jeffpetersonguitar.com/ - broken link)

Old 04-08-2012, 10:17 AM

26 posts, read 45,542 times
Ahhhhhh. Close my eyes and I'm there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii