Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 07:33 PM

126 posts, read 688,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frangi914 View Post
I‘m not really sure how ATA worked in the past – does anyone know? !
They just announced for me to wait and then took the pet from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 07:00 PM

23 posts, read 72,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm13 View Post
Dog travel company is trying to fill a flight from LA to Hawaii 5/14 for 18 people at $1400/seat.

If you are interested contact roamin at Dogtravel or check out the forum.

Forum - Dogtravel Company Travel Forum

We are signed up - 2 adults and 2 cats - so just 16 more people please!
Doesn't sound like anyone else is able to fly next week and we will not be able to take advantage of this great deal. Please call roamin if you would be able to fly with us.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:15 AM

9 posts, read 22,746 times
Default $1400 to Hawaii next week with DogTravel Company

I just got an email from Dogtravel Company that they are flying next week to Hawaii for $1400 per passenger. This is a great price if anyone else is planning on going. If anyone else is interested call them at 877-878-5774 or visit Dogtravel Company Home

Old 05-20-2008, 05:30 PM

2 posts, read 5,641 times
I am planning to move to Honolulu from the Philadelphia area in mid-July 2008 and would be interested to join-in on a charter flight from the mainland to Honolulu with my cat traveling in the cabin with me. I have checked the major airlines and I am getting conflicting info regarding pets in cabin to HI. USairways, Delta, Hawaiian, Alaska, American, United, Northwest all say online no pets in cabin to HI. When I called reservations Delta and USairways were ready to book kitty on the flight in the cabin with me. What happens if I book it through the airline, get to the gate and they refuse to let me on board with kitty? Has anyone successfully flown to Honolulu with a pet in the cabin with them this year? Please advise. Mahalo.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyedJen View Post
I am planning to move to Honolulu from the Philadelphia area in mid-July 2008 and would be interested to join-in on a charter flight from the mainland to Honolulu with my cat traveling in the cabin with me. I have checked the major airlines and I am getting conflicting info regarding pets in cabin to HI. USairways, Delta, Hawaiian, Alaska, American, United, Northwest all say online no pets in cabin to HI. When I called reservations Delta and USairways were ready to book kitty on the flight in the cabin with me. What happens if I book it through the airline, get to the gate and they refuse to let me on board with kitty? Has anyone successfully flown to Honolulu with a pet in the cabin with them this year? Please advise. Mahalo.
Hi Jen - I don't have experience with having trouble at the last minute going to Hawaii but I do have a good friend who is from Switzerland and traveles with her 2 smaller dogs frequently between NY and Switzerland and Italy. She always tries to take them in the cabin but I can tell you very often at the very last minute they'll tell her they are too big to travel in the cabin and they make her check the dogs.. She refuses to do so, goes home and then tries another day (hopeing for a different crew). It doesn't always work and there have been times where she's just cancelled her trip because she refuses to fly them in cargo.

I would just go with the Dogtravel Company to play it safe if I was you. They will fly cats and other pets for families relocating to / from Hawaii.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:29 PM

Default In-Cabin Flights for Dogs (and Pets)

Just got this email from Dogtravel Company - if anyone needs to travel in the next week to or from Hawaii with their pet please contact them.. All of their flights are 100% dog friendly. Despite the last posting, all of their flights allow dogs to fly in the cabin of the plane even to Hawaii (perhaps becasue they are not a commercial airline).

Open Leg Flight Alert.. LA to Hawaii & Hawaii to LA

May 25th, 2008 - Los Angeles to Hawaii $2100/ seat 12 seats available.

May 31, 2008 - Hawaii to Los Angeles $2200/ seat 12 seats available

Price is based on a full plane and does not include amenities or taxes.

Visit Dogtravel Company Home or contact
mailto:info@dogtravelcompany.net for more information

Old 05-20-2008, 11:41 PM

IF you read the Hawaiian agriculture web site - it is specifically an airline issue - there are no State issues -
To quote the Web page issue 10.
Is my pet allowed to fly with me in the passenger cabin of the airplane?
The Department of Agriculture does not have any regulation regarding where pets fly within the aircraft. It is totally up to each airline's policy. The airline is required by law to bring all incoming animals directly from the plane to the Airport Animal Quarantine Holding Facility.
Animals still under quarantine which are transiting from the Airport Animal Quarantine Holding Facility to an approved outer island satellite quarantine facility or approved veterinary hospital are not permitted to fly in-cabin. If medical issues require this, special arrangements will need to be made with the Airport Animal Quarantine Holding Facility to arrange for an inspector to accompany the animal in this instance.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:45 PM

However there are no longer any airlines allowing pets in the cabin TO Hawaii. After 6 weeks of agonising and trying to get charter flights or work with the animal cargo guys we finally bit the bullet and talked with United - I am pleased to say after a 22 hour travelling time from Phoenix to Maui - we brought our 2 cats into Maui last night - landing after 8pm! United were VERY good - we travelled to San Francisco then into Honolulu and finally on to Maui with the cats in the cabin on only the final Hawaiian delayed flight after they were released from th Agriculture center. It was long but it went very smoothly and United kept us updated all the way through and the cats seem to have bonded in the 13 hours they spent together in the special climate/temperature area United has for them.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:16 AM

37 posts, read 201,108 times
David,I know,that you must be right.But the company claims that they require the quarantine paperwork.Technically it is doable that way if,let's say,a rep. from Dep.of Ag. meets the plain.Who can verify for sure?I doubt the dep. will take personal calls.
So the company is a scam?

Old 05-21-2008, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillHope View Post
David,I know,that you must be right.But the company claims that they require the quarantine paperwork.Technically it is doable that way if,let's say,a rep. from Dep.of Ag. meets the plain.Who can verify for sure?I doubt the dep. will take personal calls.
So the company is a scam?
I spoke with the Dept of Agriculture Rabies Free Hawaii yesterday and they said that it's up to airlines where the animals travel. It is not a state law. The only law is that all animals must go directly through the rabies check (state vet) and have the required paperwork together or they will have to remain in quarantine on site at the airport. The only place where there is a state vet on site at all times is the Honolulu airport which is why they require everyone to go through there.

They did say that they have spoken to and are working with the Dogtravel Company about other locations in Hawaii but right now all of their plans for travel are through the main airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii