Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 08:52 AM

5,329 posts, read 6,024,330 times

Advertisements

One major problem is the potential for states and employers to cap annual and/or lifetime benefits. I recall my preACA employer health insurance had a relatively low lifetime cap.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:21 AM

8,072 posts, read 8,374,563 times
The "rubes" who voted for Trump are in for a rude awakening. Slashing health care spending will likely cause a recession, for one thing. Republi-con promises that huge tax cuts will trickle down to the "workers" have historically been pure blather - instead, they will only further pump up already fevered speculation, especially in real estate, spiking up living costs. Boom and bubble can turn into bust and panic virtually overnight.

Old 06-24-2017, 03:27 PM

2,277 posts, read 1,673,336 times
We have already had rural hospitals and clinics close in my state as the expansion of Medicaid was refused.

The state high risk pool was a joke - high premiums, little prescription coverage and too few doctors accepting that "insurance". Yes, people died - I knew at least two personally who just gave up and stopped trying to access care. They had chronic illnesses and eventually just were too worn out to constantly battle the system.

Our state senators know that, as well as our legislature, as it has been well reported. They. Do. Not. Care.

We always had good company insurance and now are on Medicare, but the time has come for this patchwork of health insurance plans to give way to a single payer plan for health CARE. Insurance companies looking for huge profits, plus obscene salaries and bonuses for their
execs, have milked this country dry. As a civilized country, it is time to accept health care as a right for all citizens, not as a money-making bonanza for big pharma and insurance companies.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:04 AM

3,613 posts, read 4,120,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Well, many of us had good affordable individual plans, not scams, that went away with the ACA. We are almost 60, the rates tripled so we don't buy insurance anymore.

Will wait patiently to see what really happens with this bill. Some things sound promising. I would like to have regular health insurance again.

In the meantime, we'll stick to our plan of trying our best to stay healthy until we can get on Medicare and belong to a healthcare sharing ministry in case we need it.
You had "affordable" coverage, but it wasn't good. High, high out of pocket costs do not define "good" coverage for anyone. Your plan had limited coverage and if you ever really needed it, you would have found out just how bad it really was. Sure, there were a lot of plans out there for $20/month that "paid" for your doctor visit, but only the 3 doctors in the plan and only paid $50 of that visit, the rest of the cost was on you. Then, if you used $10,000 in coverage, you were out of luck because that was all the plan paid for. Sorry, in no real definition was this a good plan.

Interesting how quiet the anti-ACA'ers have been here....

Old 06-25-2017, 01:12 PM

9,870 posts, read 7,743,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
You had "affordable" coverage, but it wasn't good. High, high out of pocket costs do not define "good" coverage for anyone. Your plan had limited coverage and if you ever really needed it, you would have found out just how bad it really was. Sure, there were a lot of plans out there for $20/month that "paid" for your doctor visit, but only the 3 doctors in the plan and only paid $50 of that visit, the rest of the cost was on you. Then, if you used $10,000 in coverage, you were out of luck because that was all the plan paid for. Sorry, in no real definition was this a good plan.

Interesting how quiet the anti-ACA'ers have been here....
Your reply is foolish and insulting. What you are describing is nothing like the real health insurance plan we had. We paid $600 a month, had free preventative care, our doctors and hospital accepted our plan.

The reason we are fairly quiet is that we've learned we have to wait until a final bill is actually passed to see if we're on the losing end or not, again. I'm hopeful about some items I've read in the bill.

For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would mock and insult working families who lost their insurance.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:33 AM

3,613 posts, read 4,120,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Your reply is foolish and insulting. What you are describing is nothing like the real health insurance plan we had. We paid $600 a month, had free preventative care, our doctors and hospital accepted our plan.

The reason we are fairly quiet is that we've learned we have to wait until a final bill is actually passed to see if we're on the losing end or not, again. I'm hopeful about some items I've read in the bill.

For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would mock and insult working families who lost their insurance.
You didn't lose your insurance....your insurance changed, for the better, yet you only look at your premiums as a benchmark for that. You have posted in the past what your coverage was...and it wasn't good.

Interesting how the anti-ACA'ers were very vocal and negative about the proposed legislation before it was passed...and now...nothing...

Old 06-26-2017, 06:59 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Amazing how so many Americans can be so thoroughly duped by this Presidential poser
The new healthcare bill is garbage as many of his cult will eventually come to find out.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:14 AM

8,272 posts, read 8,662,411 times
Quote:
You didn't lose your insurance....your insurance changed, for the better, yet you only look at your premiums as a benchmark for that. You have posted in the past what your coverage was...and it wasn't good.

Interesting how the anti-ACA'ers were very vocal and negative about the proposed legislation before it was passed...and now...nothing...
Why do you keep saying it changed for the better?

I had good insurance at lower cost. Whenever I used it I paid little out of pocket.

Older should pay mort. People with costly conditions should pay more. Young people should pay next to nothing. I say this as not the healthiest person in my 60's.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:19 AM

9,870 posts, read 7,743,798 times
Quote:

Instead of insisting that you're right, you should apologize and admit you are attacking the wrong person.

Nothing you are posting relates to my family's previous insurance. Stop. Please.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:57 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,727,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Why do you keep saying it changed for the better?

I had good insurance at lower cost. Whenever I used it I paid little out of pocket.

Older should pay mort. People with costly conditions should pay more. Young people should pay next to nothing. I say this as not the healthiest person in my 60's.
And stop charging EVERYONE for maternity benefits. If a woman is trying to get pregnant (a voluntary option), please let HER pay for it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance