Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 09:36 AM

5,484 posts, read 3,576,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Wow, you definitely are more forgiving than I am. If the OP had responded to me the way he responded to your attempt to assist him, I would have told him exactly and in no uncertain terms what he needed to do next, and then I would most likely have received a time out from TPTB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie Mitchell View Post
I thought the same thing. Geesh. Ariadne is the best person on this forum on all things Medicare. What a completely unwarranted response from the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I agree! He was over the top rude to her. And she went out of her way to help him. Unreal.
Totally agree! Ariadne has helped me and others so much on here! The OP must have been having a bad day to reply like that.

Please don't ever stop helping here, Ariadne!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 11:13 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,210,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hobbs View Post
Please stop talking about any of that.

I did not say I assume. I said assume. I meant you should assume I will not change my parts A, B and D.

Nearly all the replies so far have not helped. I have already indicated what has helped. And if you say I was not clear, I am sorry. But in the thousands of programming discussions I have participated in, I know that it often helps for the person trying to help to first ask for clarification.

I will make this perfectly clear. I have parts A, B and D and that is not changing. Any suggestion about changing that is no help.
Whoa.

Thank you, Ariadne, for all of the valuable help you consistently offer on this forum. You've been helpful to me and many, many others for years.

OP, perhaps you would consider apologizing for expecting a pinpoint answer to your "not clear" questions and rude response – and begin again.

Otherwise, surely there's a cloud ripe for you to yell at.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:29 AM

278 posts, read 427,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I agree! He was over the top rude to her. And she went out of her way to help him. Unreal.
Calling my responses rude is an exaggeration. I tried to be nice and had to escalate my request. I am confident that an expert in communication would not call me rude. If you have a suggestion for a better way to communicate then explain, otherwise the criticism does nothing except provide emotional gratification for you.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Wow, you definitely are more forgiving than I am. If the OP had responded to me the way he responded to your attempt to assist him, I would have told him exactly and in no uncertain terms what he needed to do next, and then I would most likely have received a time out from TPTB.
Exactly. People need to learn how to be nice. Responding negatively to something you perceive as being not nice is exactly what causes many problems in the world.

Old 07-05-2019, 12:07 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,690,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hobbs View Post
Calling my responses rude is an exaggeration. I tried to be nice and had to escalate my request. I am confident that an expert in communication would not call me rude. If you have a suggestion for a better way to communicate then explain, otherwise the criticism does nothing except provide emotional gratification for you.
Nope, I got absolutely no "emotional gratification" from stating that you were rude to her. What a bizarre thing to even think! You were very rude and it did not at all appear that you "tried to be nice." Go back and read what you wrote to her. And while you're back there reading the other responses, you might notice that I'm not the only one who thought your comments to her were inappropriate and rude.

Why don't you apologize to her and realize that the way you came across was totally uncalled for? And god forbid, actually thank her for her help! She was trying to help you!

Since you asked for suggestions (and I do doubt that you really want them, but you're getting them anyway!) - maybe realize that your comment about "Assume that can't change" was very poorly worded. Most of us thought you meant that you assumed that can't change, not that she should assume that. And the comment - "Please stop talking about any of that." That was rude. If you wanted to be nice about it, you could have said something like, "I guess I didn't make myself clear, I meant to say ......,etc."

Old 07-05-2019, 08:43 PM

5,484 posts, read 3,576,634 times
Maybe English is not Sam's first language so it could be he didn't realize that his comments came across as rudely as they did?

Old 07-05-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Maybe English is not Sam's first language so it could be he didn't realize that his comments came across as rudely as they did?
I wish at least one of you would consult a professional experienced in interpersonal communication. This constant dumping would be called highly unhealthy by experts such as that. Note that I am taking the high road; I am not lowering myself

OOOOpps, another quake here in California. Irt is geting bigger

Old 07-05-2019, 11:07 PM

102,392 posts, read 108,733,005 times
Once you get a Medicare page set up, you can start thinking about your supplemental plan options. Basically: if you're in good health, Advantage plans might be best (cheapest). If you have one or more chronic health issues, or some kind of infirmity or disability, probably a non-advantage plan would be best, a G-Plan, they're called. You'll do that through an insurance company. It depends in part on which companies are authorized to operate in your state. Some states are very limited.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
supplemental plan options
That costs extra, right? I said I am unemployed. I assumed it was understood that I cannot pay extra. Yes, I avoided emphasizing that I am unemployed. All this talk about so much that costs extra makes me feel ... well I won't get into that but I wish people understood what unemployed means.

I did not finish the previous post because I have been listening to coverage of the quake. This is the biggest seismic event for this area in nearly 20 years.

As for my health, I have been waiting 30 years or more for them to fix my sinuses. The ENT doctor says he can do the procedures in his office without anesthesia; Medi-cal won't pay for that and he says Medicare will pay for it, no problem. So since it is a matter of about three months I will wait for Medicare. But as it is, I assume that everything that costs extra is not possible.

But if we proceed from the fact that I am unemployed to the fact that I will be getting a small pension then perhaps I can pay a little extra. And my 4 years of military service might get me more than the small pension. But I wish people would have taken me literally when I said I am unemployed. I made that totally clear.

Old 07-06-2019, 05:51 AM

15,476 posts, read 25,951,779 times
I have an advantage plan that has $0 premium. I don't know if there's one in your area, and I also do not know if they cover the procedure you want. Check before deciding which plan, or if no plan (just Medicare Part B) is better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance