Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 11:03 PM

1,500 posts, read 898,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hobbs View Post
Well, I won't repeat myself. The relevant people have heard the important stuff. They will insist upon having the last word, so have at it. Do not misinterpret silence as compliance.
Actually being unemployed does not mean you are Medicaid eligible....

You could have a trust fund, but be unemployed

Thus not eligible for Medicaid..

You never mentioned being Medicaid eligible...

Again..good luck..

But some will not accept Medi/Medi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 12:01 AM

278 posts, read 427,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
You could have a trust fund, but be unemployed
Read again what I said. If you don't know what part is relevant then say so and I will explain.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:12 AM

Quote:
I am unemployed in California and I become 65 in September so my Medicare ("Original Medicare") becomes active then. I already have my Medicare card. I think I know what clinic to choose but I do not know what to do next. Do I select the clinic or must I choose a plan first? Everything I find when I search are too general for me. I am not sure what applies to me.

I have a MyMedicare.gov account.

I assume that others have asked this question before but the search facility here seems to be too general.
Your original post...

You say I am unemployed, turn 65. Etc

I know lots of unemployed folks, who are eligible for Medicare soon,

But have enough assets o not be eligible for Medical

Being unemployed does not necessarily imply one is poor

You obviously qualify...but this, your original post, does not indicate that

Old 07-11-2019, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Your original post...

You say I am unemployed, turn 65. Etc

I know lots of unemployed folks, who are eligible for Medicare soon,

But have enough assets o not be eligible for Medical

Being unemployed does not necessarily imply one is poor

You obviously qualify...but this, your original post, does not indicate that

Actually very few in my life are still working at your age..

None are on Medicaid

Old 07-11-2019, 01:49 AM

144 posts, read 103,801 times
Thank you to all the posters who shared your experience and wisdom. I am just starting to look into Medicare and it has clarified some things for me.

I must say I am very impressed with how patient some of you have been. The OP is basically an obnoxious ass who has no idea how to communicate or respond like an adult. But of course, in his mind, you all are the ones who have communication problems.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComoAmero View Post
Thank you to all the posters who shared your experience and wisdom. I am just starting to look into Medicare and it has clarified some things for me.

I must say I am very impressed with how patient some of you have been. The OP is basically an obnoxious ass who has no idea how to communicate or respond like an adult. But of course, in his mind, you all are the ones who have communication problems.
Let us know if you have any specific concerns or just want the advice based on others experience..

It really is. Not very complicated...I see it as what one can afford..literally...and what kind of healthcare you want, need, are used to, etc..

We all are different..

As for the OP...am still trying my best with him, but it is getting pretty futile...he may have to do it his way..and it may or may not work out..

As a healthcare provider I would not want to have him as a patient!

Good luck to you...and keep in touch

Old 07-11-2019, 10:17 AM

5,484 posts, read 3,576,634 times
Quote:
I will likely write software for website forums and my forums will provide better guidance about interpersonal communication than what exists here. This thread and others around here provide excellent justification for the need for such a thing.
I sure hope the software will be clearer than this thread... and the other one you posted in.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/55634108-post30.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Sorry, in my earlier reply I was confused; I have created a discussion of my own and I got confused and thought your earlier reply to me was a reply to my discussion. So I will repeat, my reply was a reply to someone else so I did not provide all relevant information for me.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:19 PM

578 posts, read 297,029 times
Interesting thread. TIL about Medicare options through SHIP and that the answer to OP's question was at the bottom of post #2. Was also reminded by Ariadne22 that "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing." Indeed it is. The lens that I was looking through was clouded by my own circumstances.

Quote:
I will likely write software for website forums and my forums will provide better guidance about interpersonal communication than what exists here. This thread and others around here provide excellent justification for the need for such a thing.
Good luck Sam! The irony here is that if you're as successful as you hope you might want to return to this thread (post #2) for information on Advantage and supplemental plans to pay for the 20% that Medicare doesn't.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:29 PM

278 posts, read 427,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Fan 79 View Post
to pay for the 20% that Medicare doesn't.
It is common advice for people to read an entire thread before responding. You did not.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:31 PM

2,487 posts, read 2,798,991 times
It's also common advice for posters to be respectful of one another. (Also part of this board's TOS) You are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance