Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 09:56 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterangel View Post
Torrie: My husband and I have only had our Sleep Number bed for a little over 2 yrs and we got the dual chambers so that we could both have our own settings. This bed is an absolute NIGHTMARE. In the beginning it was pretty good but needless to say we ended up with this hole in the middle of the bed and no matter how much we filled each side or replaced the padding in it the hole remained. We are now looking into getting a softside waterbed because we use to have a King size waterbed about 7 yrs ago and we loved it but when I got pregnant I wasn't able to get in and out of it with out help then we moved.

So, I would NEVER EVER recommend the Sleep Number bed to even my worst enemy.
I agree 100%. My wife & I had one (actually she bought it without me really wanting her to). It was absolutely THE WORST BED WE HAVE EVER OWNED. I cannot begin to tell you how much I hated that bed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 10:36 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,843 times
I have had one for almost 10 years Two chambers. Wife likes 50 I like 95. Hardly ever loses any air, maybe 5 lbs over a few weeks but that's normal. We did have a problem with some of the framing collapsing since it is hard plastic but the company provided another entire frame free of charge within 5 days of my call. I would highly reocommend this bed to anyone. They uphelp their lifetime warranty for me.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:10 PM

7 posts, read 34,564 times
We purchased out first Select Comfort about 17 years ago. It wasn't a perfect mattress however it did allow me to sleep without pressure points. I have rheumatoid arthritis and had great difficulty sleeping due to my shoulders hurting. The Select Comfort was a real Godsend for me.

We just purchased our second Select Comfort. The new air chambers are much superior to the old ones. They now zip together and the "hole" that used to be in the middle is greatly reduced.

It's true the 20 year warranty is a joke but really, how many products can you purchase that have a good 10 year warranty?

Old 03-01-2011, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,066 times
Forget memory foam, water beds, sleep number beds, the only good mattress is a real naturel
latex foam, do some research and you will find out, in Europe every body sleeps on one and the last forever, I had one for years, and I don't sell them are not a dealer but you can find them at
Latex Mattress On Sale - Foam Mattress Topper, Foam Mattresses, King Mattresses, & More! there prices are verry good . no more leaks ,holes, water,you can learn all about them on that site

Old 04-29-2014, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,620 times
I love my Sleep Number bed. I think those who have problems with aches and pains do not have if on the right setting. They should try other settings. Maybe they could go back to the store and get help about choosing the right number.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:44 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,528,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Jan View Post
I love my Sleep Number bed. I think those who have problems with aches and pains do not have if on the right setting. They should try other settings. Maybe they could go back to the store and get help about choosing the right number.
I agree. After suffering on a too hard bed for over 20 years, we bought a Sleep Number bed. Hubby isn't very happy with it (we've had it 11 years now) but he isn't patient enough to figure it out. That's his loss. I'm done suffering! When we were in the store before buying, his sleep number was the same as mine. No way do I believe that to be right.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,318 times
Worst bed ever!! All they do to remedy a problem is to sell you so called upgrades. They know that their mattresses have issues and it's a money making scheme. You would have better luck putting two twin beds together and use a king size sheet to hold them together! DISAPOINTING to say the least!

Old 03-01-2016, 09:16 AM

1 posts, read 848 times
Default i10 pillow top replacement

I have a brand new, never used, in its original packing and box
Sleep number innovation series i10 pillow top replacement, that I cannot use.

I think it's a size Queen ~ Measured at the seams 64" x 77"

Anyone interested in purchasing it?

Last edited by 1Misty1; 03-01-2016 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: Needed to add the size

Old 03-01-2016, 10:12 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Love my sleep number bare bones double bed. Have been sleeping on it about 7 yrs now...sleep a good 8+ hrs and ALONE so I don't have to worry about anyone else. I wake up stiff but that would be so with any bed....bodywide OA does not give us limber bodies especially with age. I talked to 3 friends who sleep on this bed and they gave it a 5Star..

Just reading thru this thread and thinking back over my life, the BEST night's sleep have been on waterbeds. I've owned two and bought my first after a business trip and checking into a hotel in B.C. that had a waterbed and I had the BEST night's sleep on that first waterbed.

At this point I can't deal with water etc..so got the next best thing, Air, hence the Sleep # I laid on the foam beds, but they were too Hard for my arthritic body.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 03-01-2016 at 11:17 AM..

Old 03-01-2016, 12:51 PM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times
So far it has been the best bed that we have ever owned. Mr C had a back injury years ago from military. He used to have problems getting up and being able to straighten up that he would often have to use a cane. Not that he meant to sleep on his back but sometimes it happened. After we got this bed, he has had no real issues with getting up and needing his cane. We must have had this bed well over 10 years now. No major issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness