Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 03:52 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times

Advertisements

I'll have to look into all of it karla, I am pretty sure I am getting enough caloric intake, and I eat more than beans, I include soy. I eat nuts and seeds. I don't feel starved. I think really I am just getting over this stress/trauma. I am starting to come around, slowly. Last night I was not as tired, will see what today brings me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 09:57 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
Lots of water, fresh fruits/veg, lots of rest and meditation! Stay away from refined carbs and heavy proteins (good advice for anyone!). Good luck on recovery. I have been in the same situation, and just make sure that I stay close to quiet environment (nice music), eat well, plenty of fluids, etc. Have also found Spirulina helps with energy. And have started using a liquid Vit B supplement (sublingual), seems to help with energy too.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:31 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
Great idea NewAge!

I also love yerba mata, but sometimes gives me heartburn, but love the taste. What the heck is MACA??

Old 07-27-2007, 11:39 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
lilypad

To end your confusion quickly, do a google search on MACA to learn about it.

regards...Franco

Old 07-27-2007, 06:40 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
For me oatmeal is the King of energy foods....1 cup of Old Fashioned Quaker Oats with a scoop of Dutch Chocolate flavor whey protein powder with a teaspoon of olive oil mixed and i can do high intensity exercise at the gym (usually 4.30 a.m.) pumping iron or riding the exercise bike 45 min etc...and also energy for a hard days work etc...

If i'm not into a cooking mood then i'll have that 5 to 6 times a day but i'm realistic most wouldn't do that .......

Old 07-27-2007, 08:20 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
fruit, kashi bars, fig newtons, lots of water, only that cup or half a cup of coffee in the am. Beans... no meat, not sweets or junk food really. Salad, rice, veggies.

I had a rep lunch yesterday and they only brought sodas and eek... I got a little diet caffeine free coke...could not even drink a second sip...too sweet. I ate a BLT, actually ate the bacon on it..surprised myself. They brought apple pie, one bite, couldn't handle it.

I used to be big on sweets, can't do it any more...
I feel better when I avoid ALL sweets. Any refined sugars. I have low blood sugar and moodiness/ my dr. mentioned that sugary items are not good for mood disorders.

sunny

Old 07-29-2007, 01:33 AM

420 posts, read 2,199,340 times
I go to work everyday at around 8:00, and begin the hardcore trading day at 9:30. Now, for the next 6 and a half hours I'll be fine, because it is impossible to doze off at all when the clock's ticking between 9:30 and 4:00. However, I work until 6, and after trading hours, my work is very monotonous and, well, to put it lightly, boring. At least compared to the other part of my day. I used to shoot an energy drink at around 3:30, and carry the high until 6, but I would crash really hard at around 8:00 pm, and be in bed by 9:00. Naturally, my wife was quite upset. Especially because I'd wake up at 4 am, and neither of us have to leave for work until 7:30. Then I found my miricle food. For me it's squash and a banana. Everyday at 4:15 I do a tuperware of squash and a banana, and I've never felt better. Granted, I'm old fashioned and I still like to be in bed by 11, but I have no problem getting there, and I wake up feeling great at around 6:45. In between the energy drink phase and my current routine, I tried yogurt and I tried peanut butter on a bagle, which in theory, should give me a great amount of calories and carry me for a while. However, I felt pretty groggy and weighed down after these foods, so I go for the light fruit and veggie combo now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness