Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:47 AM

683 posts, read 4,616,582 times

Advertisements

I'm having this issue with my ear (mostly left). A couple of weeks ago, my son was playing with a toy that makes clicking noises, and everytime it did, my ears would make this low pulsing sound, almost like my eardrum was jumping. I had to make him stop because it was so irritating to my ears.

I never noticed it after that until now. It happens when I click my computer mouse, for instance, but it's also happening when I turn my head even slightly. Sometimes even just randomly. I do not have any pain, just a feeling of vulnerability in my left ear, if that makes any sense. I don't have any other symptoms of a cold. I am also on vacation in altitude, but I wasn't a couple weeks ago, so I'm not sure that has anything to do with it.

Something I know may be tied to it is that my jaw made a grinding sound a couple days ago when I opened it wide. However, that's gone away.

The sound is really annoying. Any tips for making this better for the short term, or ideas on what could be going on? Like I said, I am on vacation and I really don't want to find a doctor out here in the mountains!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 06:18 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
could be fluid behind the ear drum. The clicking/grinding of the jaw sounds like TMJ.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:45 PM

699 posts, read 2,219,216 times
have you cleaned your ears? maybe they've got too much wax.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:48 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,680,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel2882 View Post
I'm having this issue with my ear (mostly left). A couple of weeks ago, my son was playing with a toy that makes clicking noises, and everytime it did, my ears would make this low pulsing sound, almost like my eardrum was jumping. I had to make him stop because it was so irritating to my ears.

I never noticed it after that until now. It happens when I click my computer mouse, for instance, but it's also happening when I turn my head even slightly. Sometimes even just randomly. I do not have any pain, just a feeling of vulnerability in my left ear, if that makes any sense. I don't have any other symptoms of a cold. I am also on vacation in altitude, but I wasn't a couple weeks ago, so I'm not sure that has anything to do with it.

Something I know may be tied to it is that my jaw made a grinding sound a couple days ago when I opened it wide. However, that's gone away.

The sound is really annoying. Any tips for making this better for the short term, or ideas on what could be going on? Like I said, I am on vacation and I really don't want to find a doctor out here in the mountains!

Thanks!
DON'T TELL US ABOUT THIS CONCERN!! GET YOURSELF TO A DOCTOR BEFORE LONG TERM DAMAGE IS DONE TO YOUR HEARING.

Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 03-08-2012 at 07:26 PM..

Old 11-01-2015, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 5,154 times
Default Clicking computer mouse makes my ear hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel2882 View Post

Thanks!
Did you ever find out what causes this? I have the same exact problem. If I'm playing solitaire or on a site that requires a lot of clicking with the mouse my left ear will "pulse" with each click to the point of discomfort. It's only the left ear, never the right.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:11 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,577 times
I will randomly get this when my birds chirp really loudly. I don't have the clicking behind the eardrum though. Just that strange almost like a second sound wave or something after the high pitched chirp.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:40 AM

2 posts, read 3,623 times
Has anyone found out what this is? It's driving me nuts!

Old 01-17-2019, 11:56 AM

3,299 posts, read 3,025,823 times
I get this sometimes when I'm on the phone, at times when music is playing as I'm on hold and other times, when someone is talking to me. I think for me it has something to do with the tone, because most times I don't experience this, but I have one niece in particular, when she talks to me on the phone I have to turn the volume way, way down because at a normal level her voice makes my ear pulse and it's not just annoying, it's maddening.

Old 01-17-2019, 12:14 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,388,108 times
It could be tensor tympani spasms, high blood pressure, the beginnings of tinnitus or 'who knows'. An ENT may be able to help

Old 01-19-2019, 09:02 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,767,560 times
I have lots of ear problems - tinnitus, hearing loss, possibly Meniere's disease (fullness or fluid in the inner ear), but one of my problems is discomfort (or pain) from high pitched noises. The noise does not have to be loud, just in a certain frequency range. The ENT was not surprised and said it is common in people with hearing loss. I also get clicking noises in my left ear but again, it is a side effect of hearing loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness