Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 11:10 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,760,165 times

Advertisements

Wow, that's great. Lucky mav. New job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 11:41 AM

653 posts, read 816,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Wow, that's great. Lucky mav. New job?

Yeah sorta. I was working as a temp for the past 7 months and they offered me the job on a permanent basis. There's been some confusion with the insurance bc of the conversion and obamacare, but I should be covered by the end of the week, hopefully.

By the way, I think some of the previous posters made good points regarding getting your teeth checked. A lot of what we are experiencing could be caused by dental issues.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:54 AM

Yes, I recommend it. I just had my checkup two weeks ago so I know that's not it.

It must be awful working with this crap. I work from home so less of a big deal.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:12 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick5575 View Post
I have had recurring Sinusitis for almost a year now and its made my life miserable. Headaches, face pain, dizziness, anxiety, just to name a few.

How can I live with Sinusitis? What can I do to get rid of it? I dont have insurance yet....I know once I do that I need to get a CT Scan.
From what you have described, its highly likely that you have allergies and need to undergo allergy shots to help reduce the allergic reactions. I have been undergoing allergy shots for years and currently am down to only one shot every four weeks. They have helped reduce my allergies but not eliminated them. I used to get bad sinus infections a couple of times a year, now I rarely ever get them.

The allergies result in both congestion and sinus drainage, which can then turn into a sinus infection (sinsusitus). The key to avoiding the infections is to keep your congestion and drainage under control. Decongestants help you control the congestion and antihistamines help you control the drainage. Everyone responds differently to these drugs so you may have to do some experimenting to fine what works best for you.

Currently I am using the following allergy medications and they work pretty well for me. Most days I do not need any medication. On days when I notice increased symptoms these nasal sprays are often all that I need to control it.

Perscription Nasal Sprays:
-Nasonex -2sprays once /day
-Astepro (anti-inflammatory)

Over the counter medicine: I use only on unusually bad days.

Wal-Dryl: Walgreens version of diphenhydramine HCI 25 mg / Antihistamine. This makes me sleepy so I use it only at night.

Wal-itin D: Walgreens version of Claritin-D. It combines Pseudoephedrine Sulfate 240 mg / Nasal Decongestant and Loratidine 10 mg (Antihistamine)

Zyrtec: Cetrizine HCI 10 mg/ Antihistamine

Neti pots, with a salt water rinse, can help reduce congestion but are not recommended to be used continuously for more then 2 weeks. Use the weeker saline solution for more frequent irrigation, to remove the allergy irritants from your sinuses and help keep them cleaned out.

See Hypertonic Saline Nasal Irrigation Recipe here Central Texas Allergy & Asthma Center - Allergist, Austin, Texas - Patient Education

Last edited by CptnRn; 12-02-2013 at 12:25 PM..

Old 12-02-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Yes, I recommend it. I just had my checkup two weeks ago so I know that's not it.

It must be awful working with this crap. I work from home so less of a big deal.
YES IT IS!!. I am currently at work and my neck and face are throbbing.Been like this almost the entire year. July- September were the only months that I was fine throughout. Maybe it had to do with the fact that at the end of June I was on antibiotics for two weeks due to a sinus infection.

I am pretty much just guessing regarding what is wrong. Until I get it checked out, there's just too many things it could be

Old 12-02-2013, 12:43 PM

CaptnRn, I can appreciate your info. Thanks.

BUT, the neti pot only cleans the nose, it doesn't get up behind the eyes where it's all stuck. I can breathe fine.

I had allergy tests years ago. Nada. I don't eat grain so no gluten worries. I haven't had dairy in two weeks. No change.

When I take allergy meds they do not reduce any of my symptoms. When I take a cold med they are manageable and the pressure is reduced greatly.

Which is why I am convinced it is viral and can only be waited out.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Maverick you should try to cut out grain and dairy just to see if i makes a difference.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
CaptnRn, I can appreciate your info. Thanks.

BUT, the neti pot only cleans the nose, it doesn't get up behind the eyes where it's all stuck. I can breathe fine.

I had allergy tests years ago. Nada. I don't eat grain so no gluten worries. I haven't had dairy in two weeks. No change.

When I take allergy meds they do not reduce any of my symptoms. When I take a cold med they are manageable and the pressure is reduced greatly.

Which is why I am convinced it is viral and can only be waited out.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Maverick you should try to cut out grain and dairy just to see if i makes a difference.

Ive cut out the dairy but not the grain. I'll give that a try. The only thing that has made things manageable is Ibuprofen and 12 hr Clartin D

Old 12-02-2013, 09:23 PM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Quote:

Try the neti rinse bottle, it goes into your sinus cavities behind your eyes. You squeeze it in one nostril and you can feel it go up and out the opposite nostril. It beats the neti pot by a mile. My allergy doctor got me into using it 2 years ago. He recommended using warm water with a few drops of baby shampoo mixed in it. Works wonders. You'd be surprised at what comes out of your nose and sinus cavities.

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Kit - Walmart.com

And yes gluten products like wheat and dairy are notorious allergy products that should be avoided.

Neti Pot, Nasal Irrigation Pros and Cons

Old 12-03-2013, 08:25 AM

Nope, BTDT, nothing comes out. It waay up further.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:20 PM

I caved, I'm seeing the PA at the ENT Thursday.

I just read that chronic sinusitis requires four to six weeks of antibiotics. They didn't put us on them long enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness