Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 02:23 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,929,893 times

Advertisements

This isn't really news. We all know that you should eat more fish, vegetables, and fruit while cutting down on animal meats, all dairy products, pasta, and bread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 03:59 PM

628 posts, read 2,070,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
How many 'startling new studies!!!!!!" could be replaced with the simple admonition.....
"Everything in moderation"
EXACTLY! "Everything in moderation"
Heroin in moderation, crack cocaine in moderation, oxycontin in moderation.
These fatty and salty foods are addictive as proved by our bulging waistlines.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:54 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,176,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That sentence should have read: Yes, too much animal fat is the fear.
Except, that's largely been disproven as well. Saturated fats are not only necessary, they also provide many health benefits. Those who say otherwise are usually basing their information on discredited, 50 year old data. Newer research has shown that the real culprits are largely man-made trans fats (created to replace lard in cooking) and refined carbohydrates (refined sugar, refined flours, etc.).

Here is one of many articles on the matter:

Saturated fat not the pure villain we think | Health | The Seattle Times

Old 03-05-2014, 06:28 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Try avoiding meat and dairy if you get sinus infections to get a fill for the issues involved. It was a like a miracle for us and each time we stray, we are quickly reminded that meat and dairy don't work for us.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:29 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,391 times
Most of our food is treated with same poisons as tobacco plants, so I'm not surprised about study. Food is now killing more than tobacco!

Your liver might be helped (?) by Himalaya Herbal Healthcare Liver Care formula. Besides detox, it says it helps to regenerate healthy new cells. $20 shipped for 90 supply from Amazon. Produce is #1 liver care supplement, originally known as Liv52, so probably went on sale 1952. Recommended by doctors almost anywhere besides US, proven to help most in many clinical trials. Patients who take this have even fooled their Dr to think they've quit drinking. Improvement in little as 2 weeks. Not sure if all this applies to liver auto immune. I drink too much but take this & physicals seem to indicate my liver is OK. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
eh, no different than any other something is not good for your health story and personally I am sick of them and I just don't care.
I eat what I want when I want and if it is something that is higher calorie or deep fried I don't eat as much of it, all food consumed is accounted for daily but I'm pretty sure the Auto Immune Liver Disease I have will kill me well before medium well dead cow and a bowl of ice cream.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:37 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Most of our food is treated with same poisons as tobacco plants, so I'm
not surprised about study. Food is now killing more than tobacco!

Your liver might be helped (?) by Himalaya Herbal Healthcare Liver Care formula. Besides detox, it says it helps to regenerate healthy new cells. $20 shipped for 90 supply from Amazon. Produce is #1 liver care supplement, originally known as Liv52, so probably went on sale 1952. Recommended by doctors almost anywhere besides US, proven to help most in many clinical trials. Patients who take this have even fooled their Dr to think they've quit drinking. Improvement in little as 2 weeks. Not sure if all this applies to liver auto immune. I drink too much but take this & physicals seem to indicate my liver is OK. Best wishes.
Whoa, so sorry, the reviews on Amazon scared me away from ever trying this product...
Tho some have been helped...not as many as harmed by it it appears. I will stick with milk thistle.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:49 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Rgbh free cheese is good, look for low fat varieties. I've been trying to cut back a bit on cheese as it can be addictive, especially when you live in Wisconsin. One slice of reduced fat cheese has 18% of your recommended daily saturated fat requirement.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:18 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margery View Post
Check your math, that adds up to 112.5% You must be very well nourished. I do agree with the variety though.
Oops, let me fix that;

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I call it fat fear, fat paranoia, or fat-fear mongering.

It's my understanding from my personal nutrition coach to build every meal on a good protein... that's about 25% of the meal, and it can include free range meat or grass fed cow or bison or wild caught cold water fish (that meat should only be about 3 to 3.5 oz) or quinoa or cage free eggs, etc. Then about 50% leafy greens and other low starch veggies, then about 8.3333% quality fat, then about 8.3333% other carbs, then about 8.3333% fruit.

Eat this three meals per day and your blood sugar should stay in the green all day long... imo of course.

Oh, and don't smoke either. It smells nasty.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:33 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
A PBS doctor said, "Animals are killing us from their graves."

Maybe they have their reasons.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:34 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Most of our food is treated with same poisons as tobacco plants, so I'm not surprised about study. Food is now killing more than tobacco!

Think I'll stick with the pro and not some miracle drug one can order on amazon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness