Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2015, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 10,714 times

Advertisements

I am so sorry I had my gall bladder out. Burning pain down middle of stomach radiating from rib to rib. Yesterday it was burning pain on the right side under ribs radiating to back. Feeling very unusual from sternum to throat. I never know from one day to next what or how I will wake up. Is it the pills I'm taking for fractured T8. Am I bleeding inside. I've had every test available and it all comes back negative. Afraid to go back to ER. Too embarrassed. Mri's, cat scan, blood work, endoscopy, too many tests. I will begin to light up soon. Can't deal with this any more; mine unlike yours has only been two months. The nausea I think is controlled with Dadeliob root 550mg from health store along with helping with the bloating. It's this horrible pain from one day to the next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 07:11 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
My wife had her gallbladder removed. The doctors stated she should have it removed due to it being sluggish. The pain was worst afterwards. The radiating pain from front to back along under her ribs to a side.

It was diagnosed as Sphincter of Oddi. It's chronic, and my wife had to quit her job and go on disability.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...di-dysfunction

Old 12-23-2015, 07:39 PM

695 posts, read 702,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briannapaige97 View Post
Hi, I am only 18 years old and I have been having abdominal pain for over a decade. everything I ever do comes back negative. literally everything. However, on March 6, 2015 I had my gall bladder removed due to Gall Bladder's disease. This was supposed to take all my pain away that I have been having since for almost as long as I can remember. Sadly.. that wasn't my case. If anything my pain has worsened. It still occurs when I eat literally anything, and it starts under my rib cage in the center and slightly to the left. The pain then radiates to my back and up into my shoulder blades. I bloat super bad and my abdomen becomes tender to the touch. The pain often becomes so bad that my only relief (which isn't much) is by lying down and remaining still with hopes that it will go away. I also experience extreme nausea and headaches with a rapid heart rate. I seriously need help. My situation only progresses as the years continue on. As of now the doctors are settling with IBS, but I know this isn't it. Does anyone else have this. Because doctors don't know what this could be because I am so young. I had gall bladders disease, livers disease (I don't drink) and I've been tested for everything else under the moon, yet I have no signs of being closer to the problem than I was over a decade ago.
Sincerely, Brianna
Have you been tested for celiac disease? Also, you might want to try keeping a detailed food diary to see if certain foods have a bad effect on you.

Old 12-28-2015, 01:57 PM

2 posts, read 11,497 times
Good posts. Had my gallbladder removed Lap late June of 2015, 67 year old male. No problem, walked 2.5 miles next morning with no issue other than being tired. Two week later went on 10,000 mile RV trip and again no issues. BUT, there is always a but isn't there; two weeks ago I started to have severe stomach pains on the right side and eventually moving to the center. No other symptoms, just the severe pain. Christmas eve came and they were pretty bad, I emailed my family doc and he prescribed Probiotics, our Chiropractor recommended Wobenzym. Probiotic gave me the severe runs, but did help the pain, Wobenzym gave no side effects and helped the pain, until today. Pain is worse, back pain as well.

Doc says it's probably Bile Dumping due to the fact that the gallbladder is no longer there to store the liver bile and therefore it flows continuously from the liver to the duodenum in the small intestine, it gets irritated by all the excess bile and then everything hurts. It can be called Bile Gastritis too, in any case as all the posts say it's not fun and it hurts. I had no choice as to removal of the GB as it was filled with stones.

Another cause of pain for all could be stones in the bile duct, which is also not unheard of and occurs after removal. If it's every day all day its called cronic, if it comes and goes its acute. I am going to continue with the Wobenzym for a month and see if things get any better if not there are several prescription meds which do have side effects.

And everyone told me this operation was nothing, well the operation was, but no one mentioned the possible after results. Bummer.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 10,578 times
I have found that if I can get myself to burp
I use baking soda and water and sip on it
I am con vinced laprascopy gall bladder removal is involved.
Sphincter of oddi article tells of pain is from pressure which is why burning helps. (In my view)
Also read that surgeons are "knicking"
Some duct or juncture.
Oddly certain pain meds cause this to act up!!
Codeine I'd trigget

Old 03-09-2016, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 10,536 times
For anyone still looking for a possible answer... I had my gallbladder removed three weeks ago. Two weeks later, I started having episodes of extreme pain that lasted anywhere from four to six hours. The first was on a Monday. The next three were on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, getting closer together and more intense. As many have described, it was very intense and was in my upper abdominal and back area. The pain was so bad that I would vomit, and I have a high pain tolerance. It was absolutely miserable. I thought it was food related and kept eliminating things from my diet, until I was back on just clear liquids. To make a long story short, it turns out there was a wayward gallstone that was stuck in one of the bile ducts. Apparently the pain episodes would come when the stone got stuck in various places. I am typing this from the hospital. I've been here three days now, and am hoping to finally go home today. The doc just wants to make sure my liver enzymes are back down (they elevated when the stone passed.) I hope this will help in case you are looking for a possible answer.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:47 AM

256 posts, read 452,768 times
Starting having server pain July 2015, mostly located in my back. Having had a back injury before and a spinal disease that runs on my mothers side with similar symptoms the doctor began to give me Feldene, which seemed to help. After tanking this for some time, the pain had not subsided and most time this NSAID would only last for a few hours at a time. Most pain lasted about 2-3 hours in the morning, and then would subside just enough that Deep Blue or Biofreeze would assist with taking the edge off. However, evening and nights were different stories, and most pain would be severe enough that most of my time was spend hunched over the seat cushion or in a hot shower for hours a time.

At one point in late August was bad enough my stomach would begin to radiate pain and most days were pain filled and unable to hold anything down. Pretty soon weight began to be lost and after several weeks, I went into the E.R. complaining of back pain, stomach pain, and nausea . They asked a bunch of questions, and gave me some anti-nausea medication along with 10mg Percocet and 4mg Tizanidine which would help for 1-2 hours at a time.

Another 6 weeks goes by with severe pain filled with painkillers / NSAID's, no sleep, and no food. Lost 65 pounds during this period and looked like a zombie. Then one night everything changed when I began to puke blood, and suddenly had blood from the other end, got light headed and feel over. My best bud ran me to the hospital because my wife was unable to drive and she needed to stay home with the kids.

They ran some tests and found a Duodenal ulcer which was caused by all the NSAID's they kept me on. Always figure the stomach pain was caused by lack of food which was caused by pain from my back. They also found my Gallbladder needed to be removed and that was the source of all pain.

Still have not had it removed and changed my diet, but it needs tome come out soon due to pain in right side abdomen. Just have been to busy dealing with college, kids, and wife is still recovering from an accident.

One Doctor stated the E.R. only slapped a bandage on the problem the first visit and the issue at hand should have been caught then.

After reading all these stories, I'll be honest and admit having this surgery is starting to worry me.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:22 AM

2 posts, read 14,228 times
I have read that removing the gallbladder does not fix the underlying issue that causes the gallbladder to become sick or stones in the first place. This is a digestion/bile issue that may be helped with the use of a few supplements. Ox bile or bile salts would be first. Think of this as your gallbladder replacement. Betaine HCI, Digestive Enzymes, Choline, beet root. I hope this helps

Old 06-14-2016, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 10,382 times
Had my gall bladder removed last year after 2-3 years of suffering through what I thought were stomach cramps/food poisoning.

Everything was fine and I even gained all the weight I lost post-op (much to my chagrin). Anyway, yesterday, I had an episode similar to the stomach pains I experienced back when I had my gall bladder. So immediately, I thought pancreatitis or another tube was blocked by cysts or something like that. Good thing for me, my work place has a lactation room. So here I a 240 lb 34 year man lying on the floor for 10-15 mins. The pain finally became tolerable and I was able to stand but now the fear I thought was gone with my gall bladder is back (sans poor gall bladder). I'm just hoping it was a fluke or a stress induced ulcer (I did have a horrible client call immediately before the pain started). So I'm hoping to see if this is common. It looks like it is...

Old 08-06-2016, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 10,300 times
Default Surgery 2016

I had my gallbladder removed via open cholecystectomy on Feb 19th 2016..after many ercps.A for bile duct strictures..stents have been placed. I continue to have pain where my gallbladder was. My gallbladder exploded so it was a mess inside.turns out that my gastrointerologist was trying to find out why constantly in pain.after a ctscan and mri he found that a piece of my gallbladder is still there. It has become infectious and I will be having another surgery on August 17th 2016.Hopefully this will eleviate.the issue.if not I will have to have a hepaticojejunostomy. .I am going conservative with the resurgery.from my original surgeon. .if there is pain swelling sense of fullness nausea vomiting and I have lost 50lbs since February 19th surgery. .please advocate for yourself. .seek an answer..I hope all are doing well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness