Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 14,134 times

Advertisements

I thought maybe i was alone but i am not. I had my gall bladder removed a couple years ago and since then, i have had these pains in my entire abdomen. i usually get them every morning when i wake up. and especially when i have not eaten anything. I also have been having issues with food as well and going to the bathroom after a meal. I havent gone to a doctor yet cuz i have no money. but i am so sick of this that i think i might go. Im just glad i am not alone. If i could change back time, i wish i have never had that stupid surgery cuz all it has done is messed my insides up. oh well, i wish i had answers. let me know if yall find answers. thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 06:22 PM

1 posts, read 13,995 times
Default what happens after gallbladder surgery?

I was wanting to know what happens after gallbladder surgery? I was wanting to know if they give you enough pain medicein so I wouldnt have to feel anything Im very scared im only 23 years old.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:28 PM

28 posts, read 112,177 times
Don't worry, they should give you plenty of pain meds right after gallbladder surgery. My son had his gallbladder out in October. They gave him morphine afterwards and it controlled his pain really well. The pain subsided very quickly as it was a laparoscopic procedure. He was walking around the next day. He has had very little pain since.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 13,783 times
I had the same thing.. I had one REALLY bad pain and it lasted about 7 hours and i was vomiting and crying. The only thing that made it go away was an antibiotic shot a dr gave me. But I still have problems. I have Irritable bowel syndrome now also. I also can't lose weight for some reason. I start to lose it and then gain like 10 lbs. I haven't went without stomach pain since my surgery. I was 3 months pregnant when the surgery took place.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:04 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
My pancreatitis was diagnosed with an ultrasound and bloodwork.

I'm not sure when exactly the pancreatitis developed, but mine started out as gall bladder attacks during my pregnancy with my son. I had no idea they were gall bladder attacks, I thought I was having heartburn from the pregnancy. My attacks got worse and worse, and I kept having them even after my baby was born. I would often vomit, had pain under my rib cage (it almost felt like it was heart related), felt like I couldn't breath, and felt the need to rock back and forth during an attack. It was like there was nothing I could do to be comfortable. My attacks started out lasting about an hour, and they seemed to get longer and longer with each attack. And then suddenly the attack would end and I felt fine. Finally one day I was having a really bad attack that lasted many hours and I decided to go to the ER. They did an ultrasound and bloodwork and found that I had gall stones that had entered my pancreas, causing pancreatitis. I had to be hospitalized and had one procedure where they went in and broke up the stones, and the next day my gall bladder was removed. I have felt much better ever since.
I had ulcerative colitus for seven years which became so severe it resulted in an emergency ileostomy about 30 years ago. Then after many many visits to my doctor to see why I had "pains" and attacks of fatigue, I got very very bad pains which were worse than childbirth. I never had any real problems from either during the pregnancy, though I didn't know there was anything wrong with the gall bladder at the time.

Long story short, due to a hospital which nearly killed me, I was admitten with a severe infection, yellow skin and a 105 degree fever. They diagnosed it as pancreatitus and after a couple of attempts to test did a full on life and death emergency surgery.

I know they cut the pancreas up into ribbons and sewed it back together and already said I had too many adhesians, but since the gall bladder/pancreatitus surgery have had pains just at my ribs. They get so bad I have to pace and sit and over time it results in blockages which make me really sick. A few months ago something made me sick enough and generated enough pressure against the stoma that it tore. I have had surgery to fix that, which is healing fine, but the dicey food situation continues.

I have refused meds for my bipolar situation because of potential side effects, which make me a "bad patient" but my system is SO sensitive I won't take a chance on something drying me out too much or altering some factor and making things more dicey. I don't eat packaged food and cook from scrach, and watch the amount and kind of food I eat closely. I never eat veggies which aren't soft, or certain types of grains/seeds. I eat more as a grazer. It keeps things from getting really bad.

But even then, it is no guarentee. Last time I noticed things didn't feel "right" a few days before and went on close watch. I had one terrible and miserable day, but not a week of it. But if I just went out and ate what I could, I'd be way miserable alot.

One doctor told me that ileostomy's pre dispose you to gall bladder problems as they alter your bodies fluid balancing maching so much, but this thread is the first time I've seen anyone talk about the continuing pain problems after surgery. But it makes so much sense that if you alter the way the system works by taking a part of it away, it won't work so well.

There is nothing I could have done in either case, and both times it was done as an emergency. But I really hate that I can never just go for it and not think of if I should. I don't know why but in the last few years its gotten worse and the pains go all the way through to my back if I could lay down. My new doctor is testing me for a lot of stuff to see if he sees a reason for my constant huge fatigue, but that too is something that got worse and noticable after the surgery. Anyone else?

Old 04-21-2010, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 13,710 times
I am only 18 years old and i am having my gall bladder removed on May 11th and this is my first surgery ever. I'm afraid of what will happen during and after my surgery. A lot of people I know have had ghost pains after removal because they still have that pain. But they said that it common to some people. I've had this pain under my rib cage since october of last year (2009). I've been hospitalized and everything. And it took them 7 months to diagnose me finally. I'm not sure what surgery type I'm having. I'm pretty sure that it will be leproscopic surgery. But all I know is that this is my first surgery and I'm scared to death.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:46 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,079,659 times
Well, I have 3 small stones and I'm not sure I'm having my bladder out or not. lol My mom didn't and my aunt and sister did. So far my aunt and sister have had to go in and get their stones removed through their mouths because they don't have a gallbladder and the stones now get stuck in the bile ducks. My mom has a gallbladder full of stones but at least has a place for them to go. She is now eighty and still has the stones but no surgery. (she has had several bad attacks, but kept the gallbladder anyway)
Who knows, I'm still thinking about it. If you produce stones then you still will after the gallbladder is removed, they will just go to the ducks or the pancreas immediately. So, I need to think about it. I don't want to be going into the ER every year or so for the bile ducked plunger. lol But I don't want a gallbladder attack either. (I just have minor pain right now) Who knows. Sometimes I just think "what's the difference, waiting to go in for complications with the stones and gallbladder, or going in for complications without the gallbladder and stones in the duct or pancreas"? Seems like the odds are the same to me.
Maybe you have a small stone in your bile ducked? You couldn't NOT go to the hospital if it were pancreatic. It would be turning you yellow and swollen. lol They measure the size of the pancreas on the ultra sound. I just had mine checked. lol The fact is having your gallbladder out or not doesn't prevent your risk of Pancreatic stones, you produce stones because of your liver. I know, it sucks. lol

Old 05-08-2010, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 13,674 times
hi i to have had problems since my gall bladder removed in september 2008. the pain started 2 days after surgery. i have pain under my rib cage and when i sit down it feels like something is being squashed! i cant lie on my side, drive or do much of anything with being in pain! i also feel sick most of the day. i saw the surgeon and had an ultra sound a few weeks after surgery but nothing, so for a year and half i just put up with pain but in march it got worse and causing me problems everyday. i could do more when i had the gallstones! im seeing another surgeon in to weeks so hoping they get to the bottom of it. clare

Old 05-13-2010, 07:15 PM

1 posts, read 13,638 times
I"m having pain (not severe); had my gallbladder removed laproscopically 11 years ago with no ill effects. I feel like I don't know anything. If I'm not watching my diet, could this negatively affect my liver? I'm trying to educate myself online and am a bit freaked out!

Old 06-14-2010, 09:18 AM

2 posts, read 186,315 times
Default Thank God I"M NOT ALONE!

I had my Gallbladder taken out it october 2009 and ever since I've had a sharp stabbing pain in my upper abdomen between my rib cages and it as well radiates to my back. I've been to 1000 doctors and they all have no answers or try to blame it on IBS or Acid reflex!!!! I've gone to the ER with this pain and they always rush me back to a room and come up with nothing! If someone knows whats going on and why this is happening to people please share!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness