Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 05:09 AM

893 posts, read 790,621 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else had trouble with ingesting too much artificial sweetners? Joint pain to muscle pain, headache and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 05:44 AM

436 posts, read 809,569 times
I don't use any of them. Either they taste strange to me, or they cause headaches. Either refined sugar, raw sugar or honey.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:39 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,425,454 times
Artificial sweetners are bad tasting and just all around bad. Can't stand the taste.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:53 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,755,083 times
I'm with the "can't stand the taste" group here. I don't care what artificial sweetener we're talking about, I can tell. I'd rather not eat/drink it than consume it and have that horrible aftertaste.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:35 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,546,251 times
Several people have told me that Splenda has caused their blood pressure to rise, to the point of a Dr. increasing their medication. It wasn't until they stopped using Splenda that they realized what the cause was.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:43 PM

I am on day 4 without artificial sweeteners and I am walking on the treadmill again and starting to feel like the old me. I can't believe my energy level. I'm really ticked off about thinking there was no warning all these years on these products. The more I used the cruddier I felt. Argghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 02:16 PM

498 posts, read 1,519,854 times
Exclamation Dangerous Drug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
I am on day 4 without artificial sweeteners and I am walking on the treadmill again and starting to feel like the old me. I can't believe my energy level. I'm really ticked off about thinking there was no warning all these years on these products. The more I used the cruddier I felt. Argghhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Hi Cruikshl, I want to ask you what kind of artificial sweeteners you used? Which one did you use the most?

You need to know that ASPERTAME is a central nervous attacker.!! This is really some bad stuff. I can't believe the FDA allows it. This drug can make your body break down in ways that even a doctor couldn't explain. THere was study done on this stuff and people were actually being crippled, and scitsofriania, heart attacks, etc... Bad Bad Stuff. It is also in dietary foods sometimes and diet sodas. Caffine is another killer. It has it's way with our bodies and major organs, and nervous systems.

Now I have just recently learned about Olive Oil. Let me spread the word. Start taking it in doses of teaspoons and rub it on your skin. In the Dicigrating bones post, there are a couple of links hooked to research on it. They are very informative about Olive Oil. I know it is not a sweetener of any kind, but maybe you can start to feel even better and look young for longer.
One poster takes two teaspoons every morning. I never knew these things about olive oil. Have a great day.

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 01-24-2008, 03:08 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,691,582 times
regarding olive oil...I don't take it straight by the teaspoon, but I make my own olive oil and lemon juice salad dressing. It is deeeeeliiiicious!!! BTW - use first cold pressed virgin olive oil.

As for the aspartame, I don't use the stuff. It's wonderful that you are seeing so much progress so quickly! Good for you!

As for the FDA - they've approved a lot of things that aren't good for us. Most recently, the use of carbon monoxide in packaged meats to keep them looking fresh (see the thread in "Food").

Old 01-25-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITE View Post
Hi Cruikshl, I want to ask you what kind of artificial sweeteners you used? Which one did you use the most?

You need to know that ASPERTAME is a central nervous attacker.!! This is really some bad stuff. I can't believe the FDA allows it. This drug can make your body break down in ways that even a doctor couldn't explain. THere was study done on this stuff and people were actually being crippled, and scitsofriania, heart attacks, etc... Bad Bad Stuff. It is also in dietary foods sometimes and diet sodas. Caffine is another killer. It has it's way with our bodies and major organs, and nervous systems.

Now I have just recently learned about Olive Oil. Let me spread the word. Start taking it in doses of teaspoons and rub it on your skin. In the Dicigrating bones post, there are a couple of links hooked to research on it. They are very informative about Olive Oil. I know it is not a sweetener of any kind, but maybe you can start to feel even better and look young for longer.
One poster takes two teaspoons every morning. I never knew these things about olive oil. Have a great day.

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE
Name brands diet sodas diet yogurts diet hot cocoa diet green tea anything to cut calories

Old 01-25-2008, 02:45 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,425,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITE View Post

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE
Caffeine if not excessive is very good for you. Many studies show that it may prevent type 2 diabates and Alzheimer's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness