Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 08:45 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times

Advertisements

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321533.php

I think this is true.
  • a few years back I had hurt my feet and I just could not get it to be fixed at all. At the time I was eating horribly. Finally I decided to go on a low fat / liquid diet and almost immediately, the pain stopped. I thought it was because I had lost weight but honestly I had only lost about 10 lbs when the pain stopped.
  • I know a healthy living blogger who has said for years when she cheats on her diet her joints hurt. Particularly her knees.
  • If you have ever watched my 600 lbs life you can see some of those people can walk decently at 600 lbs. How is that possible if it is a weight issue?
  • carpel tunnel. A few years ago they came out and linked it to insulin resistance. But insulin resistance also involves sugar which, also involves the gut and bad gut health with too much sugar.

Those knee replacement doctors better find something else to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 10:21 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
When I think about the OA body I live in now and it's all advanced since hip replacement in 2010 and then the knee mess starting in 2016 and all the downtime I've been thru with drugs...it's hard to believe how the OA has advanced. As one doctor I hear says, all this surgery etc causes more OA so I'm believing that more and more.

As far as knee replacement doctors, until something that comes to us that won't do a lot of harm, they will be in business.

And I don't doubt foods play a huge role in all this destruction. But I never bought into the low fat, non fat movement. And still don't.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-10-2018 at 10:32 AM..

Old 06-10-2018, 05:21 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
A study on mice with ZERO practical application in humans...

I think "those knee replacement doctors" will remain quite busy...very busy in fact....

Old 06-10-2018, 10:30 PM

Oh yes the assembly lines of replacements will keep rolling along and hopefully some non invasive competition will come to the forefront where the insurance world will step up and acknowledge the alternatives that do work and will cost us all less and less in money and time.

Old 06-11-2018, 03:46 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
And I don't doubt foods play a huge role in all this destruction. But I never bought into the low fat, non fat movement. And still don't.
I am not 100% sure they are right about the fat. I know a healthy living blogger who experiences this with sugar and again, carpel tunnel has been linked to sugar. Perhaps it is more likely a diet full of sugar and fat wipes out your gut and causes the problems.

I also think it might be a number of factors. Such as.

- physical taxing of the joints
- calcium or other deposits in the tissues
- what blood types you have as O is associated with more OA.

My mom had terrible knee issues but my dad never did. My dad was a veggie eater and mom was not.

I am definitely going to look into a prebiotic to put in my coffee.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:38 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
I am not 100% sure they are right about the fat. I know a healthy living blogger who experiences this with sugar and again, carpel tunnel has been linked to sugar. Perhaps it is more likely a diet full of sugar and fat wipes out your gut and causes the problems.

My mom had terrible knee issues but my dad never did. My dad was a veggie eater and mom was not.

Wrong on all counts....

While excess weight has definitively been shown to be associated with knee arthritis, "physical taxing" of the joints has NOT

Calcium or other deposits in the "tissues" has no bearing on OA

Blood types play NO role in OA

Diabetics have higher risk of developing carpal tunnel, but carpal tunnel is not linked to "sugar" not the same thing...

Old 06-11-2018, 05:20 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321533.php

I think this is true.
  • a few years back I had hurt my feet and I just could not get it to be fixed at all. At the time I was eating horribly. Finally I decided to go on a low fat / liquid diet and almost immediately, the pain stopped. I thought it was because I had lost weight but honestly I had only lost about 10 lbs when the pain stopped.
  • I know a healthy living blogger who has said for years when she cheats on her diet her joints hurt. Particularly her knees.
  • If you have ever watched my 600 lbs life you can see some of those people can walk decently at 600 lbs. How is that possible if it is a weight issue?
  • carpel tunnel. A few years ago they came out and linked it to insulin resistance. But insulin resistance also involves sugar which, also involves the gut and bad gut health with too much sugar.

Those knee replacement doctors better find something else to do.
So...no fat for joint problems and no carbs for carpal tunnel? If youhave both issues then all you can eat is protein? You'll quickly be seeing a kidney doctor in that case!

Old 06-11-2018, 10:17 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,141,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
So...no fat for joint problems and no carbs for carpal tunnel? If youhave both issues then all you can eat is protein? You'll quickly be seeing a kidney doctor in that case!
You do know that excess protein consumption causes kidney issues only in those people that have pre-existing kidney conditions, right?

Old 06-11-2018, 10:38 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana07 View Post
You do know that excess protein consumption causes kidney issues only in those people that have pre-existing kidney conditions, right?

Eating excessive protein can cause the kidneys to work harder which is certainly more of an issue if you have kidney problems. However, lots of protein can also increase uric acid which can result in kidney stones.

I was being a bit facetious, but my bigger point was that it isn't realistic to cut out entire classes of macronutrients without some unwanted side effects - that's assuming that the professed benefits are even real to begin with.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:

My parents lived into their 90's and ate fatty foods, they ate everything. Mom had pretty nasty OA as did her sisters, Dad did not, he was still walking pretty well before he died at 95 and he was not an exercise nut as we have today. So much is genes.

A friend is starting on a quality prebiotic and see if it has help for her, it's a tad pricey for her but she's willing to go for it. Dr. Ohhira's...

It just amazes me how some members here have all the answers!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness