Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 12:17 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times

Advertisements

No MD does or should they guarantee the outcome of surgery or meds or whatever one goes to an MD for. But we as patients go to them for hopefully as positive outcome as possible. And yes we sign off all liability from the MD's for the work they do on us. We are the ones at fault and if we learn that we won't go thru the damage some do. There are 1000's of deaths from drug and surgery interactions annually. The other night on NPR they were doing a segment on deaths from drugs and surgeries from people calling in.

Bottom line, live with what we have, right? Stay away from doctors. I do that as much as I can and still seek out alternative therapies for the issues I deal with. Hopefully ones that do less harm or no harm.

And for sure, doctors stick together.

Old 12-03-2018, 02:46 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,123 times
Yes there are 1000s of deaths from meds and surgery but not to be flippant there are also 1000s of deaths from automobile accidents yet most of us drive safely every day and again you cannot deny the percentage of successful replacement surgeries so sorry this is NOT some crapshoot roll of the dice. I'm a widow, my wonderful husband died of cancer at an all to young age. Do I sue the doctor for not curing cancer?
Sickness in and of itself entails risk
The body is malfunctioning. Miracles are performed by priests. Most doctors that I've encountered are doing their best with limited information. Personally I would not want to live with the alternative of no doctors. My youngest was a premie born with a boat load of issues. He graduated from Temple this June thank's to children's Hospital in Philadelphia
Attached Thumbnails
Total Knee Replacement Failure-20181203_164657.jpg  

Old 12-03-2018, 03:07 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
Yes there are 1000s of deaths from meds and surgery but not to be flippant there are also 1000s of deaths from automobile accidents yet most of us drive safely every day and again you cannot deny the percentage of successful replacement surgeries so sorry this is NOT some crapshoot roll of the dice. I'm a widow, my wonderful husband died of cancer at an all to young age. Do I sue the doctor for not curing cancer?
Sickness in and of itself entails risk
The body is malfunctioning. Miracles are performed by priests. Most doctors that I've encountered are doing their best with limited information. Personally I would not want to live with the alternative of no doctors. My youngest was a premie born with a boat load of issues. He graduated from Temple this June thank's to children's Hospital in Philadelphia
Congratulations on a job well done all around.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Congratulations on a job well done all around.
lol, thanks all. now to get the boy a job!!

Old 12-03-2018, 05:17 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
No MD does or should they guarantee the outcome of surgery or meds or whatever one goes to an MD for. But we as patients go to them for hopefully as positive outcome as possible. And yes we sign off all liability from the MD's for the work they do on us. We are the ones at fault and if we learn that we won't go thru the damage some do. There are 1000's of deaths from drug and surgery interactions annually. The other night on NPR they were doing a segment on deaths from drugs and surgeries from people calling in.

Bottom line, live with what we have, right? Stay away from doctors. I do that as much as I can and still seek out alternative therapies for the issues I deal with. Hopefully ones that do less harm or no harm.

And for sure, doctors stick together.
Just curious, how many people that had died from drugs or surgeries called in???

Old 12-03-2018, 05:44 PM

111 posts, read 68,662 times
Default Total Knee Replacement Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
I put it off a long time, but I finally got a total left knee two days ago. I hope to get a lot of mileage out of it. I hate to think revision. I'm very sorry for your troubles.

Poggly:

If I may ask, did either Dr. Charles Nelson of HUP or Dr. Pekka Mooar of Temple do your left knee?

I need knee replacement surgery. But first, I am on a current quest to strengthen my quads and hamstrings before I go under the knife.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:27 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Resourcer View Post
Poggly:

If I may ask, did either Dr. Charles Nelson of HUP or Dr. Pekka Mooar of Temple do your left knee?

I need knee replacement surgery. But first, I am on a current quest to strengthen my quads and hamstrings before I go under the knife.
I work every day with exercises to strengthen the quads and if you plan on a TKR, this is a great plan. My knee has a lot of issues, long story, but I so fear a surgery, one on hip was enough, too much. I will continue with Prolo after the first of the year as I had to take a break but I know it works and can save one from surgery.

Old 12-03-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Resourcer View Post
Poggly:

Hi Resourcer,
i'm in philadelphia also. I had a great surgeon at Rothman, Dr. Matt Austin. check him out.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:08 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
I work every day with exercises to strengthen the quads and if you plan on a TKR, this is a great plan. My knee has a lot of issues, long story, but I so fear a surgery, one on hip was enough, too much. I will continue with Prolo after the first of the year as I had to take a break but I know it works and can save one from surgery.
So prolotherapy caused your knee infection which led to surgery but now you are thinking of doing that again to avoid surgery.....makes perfect sense.....

I can't imagine anyone being willing to stick another needle in your knee with your history of previous infection likely related to same.....

Old 12-04-2018, 07:01 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,829,894 times
Quote:
Was your wife younger when she had TKR? I was 57 when my right knee started to give me noises and that's when I came in from doing a lot of workouts that would damage the knee more. My knee is now messed up at 80 from hip replacement at 72 and subsequent staph infection a couple yrs ago...another story.

Is she planning on a revision.
She was about 57 also. No noise, but, quite a bit of pain. Still waiting on tests to determine exactly what the problem is and whether a revision is necessary. If so, then yes, I suppose she will go with the revision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness