Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 08:40 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,083,450 times

Advertisements

I recently found out marijuana increases sperm count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 09:32 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
Nobody really knows what smoking pot does to your lungs
You shouldn't assume smoking a joint is harmless.

By Kat Eschner October 23, 2018

“It is generally true that marijuana smoke is just as toxic as cigarette smoke,” Samuel Wilkinson, a resident physician at the Yale School of Medicine, told Popular Science in an email interview. “However, generally people expose themselves to less marijuana smoke,” he wrote. “It’s rare that someone smokes 20 joints per day, but it’s common that someone smokes a pack per day of cigarettes, which is 20 cigarettes.”

https://www.popsci.com/smoking-weed-lung-cancer

Average pot user consumes 123 joints annually.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ate-estimates/

Old 02-10-2019, 09:54 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
A historian and economist fancies himself an expert on the pharmacology of marijuana and its connection to complex mental illness The whole article is crap. No links to any of these conclusive studies he mentions, he repeats the same "gateway drug" hypothesis that has been debunked repeatedly, and he refers to several of his initial mind changing revelations based on his psychiatrist wife's HIPAA violating comments. Total garbage.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:56 AM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Nobody really knows what smoking pot does to your lungs
You shouldn't assume smoking a joint is harmless.

By Kat Eschner October 23, 2018

“It is generally true that marijuana smoke is just as toxic as cigarette smoke,” Samuel Wilkinson, a resident physician at the Yale School of Medicine, told Popular Science in an email interview. “However, generally people expose themselves to less marijuana smoke,” he wrote. “It’s rare that someone smokes 20 joints per day, but it’s common that someone smokes a pack per day of cigarettes, which is 20 cigarettes.”

https://www.popsci.com/smoking-weed-lung-cancer

Average pot user consumes 123 joints annually.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ate-estimates/
There is a wide variety of ways today to use marijuana. My fiancé and I use oil cartridge pens now, but we also have both small and large vaporizers. In a documentary I was watching some time back, a girl in the hospital was using a vaporizer bag. There are also edibles. Smoking a joint is probably one of the least popular forms for adult use nowadays. We like the pens and the vapes because we don't have to worry that someone will drop by and the house smells like pot.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:16 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
I really thought that we have evolved since "Reefer Madness."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhQlcMHhF3w

My state just legalized it for recreational use but I have been using it for years. I have a few hits right before bed. I refer to is as my "sleep aid." I am also in chronic pain. It does ease it without the side effects of other pain meds.

Cat

Old 02-10-2019, 10:53 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,764,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Our government has spent many millions of dollars, over 50 years, to do studies looking specifically for the harms of marijuana. It has had far more study than any other drugs, but our government never looked at it for it's positive benefits, the racist agenda only allowed the studies to look for its harm.

To date, they have never proven addiction, nor cancer, nor death.

The only proven medical downside has been man boobs.
Well not the ONLY downside. Believe me I am not anti-weed, I enjoy it. But it does deposit some nasty stuff in its smoke. If you smoke, you've probably cleaned a pipe before and are aware of the sticky resin in the smoke. Well that stuff is going into your lungs as well, and that can't be real healthy. Also, I have a close family member who has smoked weed multiple times per day for many years. He became ill a couple years ago, nauseous every day to the point of vomiting, fatigued, no energy, stomach pain, and it took doctors over a year to find the source of his ailment after many tests and CAT scans, ultrasounds, MRI's, endoscopies, trials of various medications which did no good and only made it worse. In the end it was determined to be Cannabis Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. When he discontinued the weed, he began to get better over a period of 1-3 weeks and has been well for over a year now. If he starts to smoke daily, he starts to get sick again. Look it up, it's real.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:23 AM

37,469 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Well not the ONLY downside. Believe me I am not anti-weed, I enjoy it. But it does deposit some nasty stuff in its smoke. If you smoke, you've probably cleaned a pipe before and are aware of the sticky resin in the smoke. Well that stuff is going into your lungs as well, and that can't be real healthy. Also, I have a close family member who has smoked weed multiple times per day for many years. He became ill a couple years ago, nauseous every day to the point of vomiting, fatigued, no energy, stomach pain, and it took doctors over a year to find the source of his ailment after many tests and CAT scans, ultrasounds, MRI's, endoscopies, trials of various medications which did no good and only made it worse. In the end it was determined to be Cannabis Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. When he discontinued the weed, he began to get better over a period of 1-3 weeks and has been well for over a year now. If he starts to smoke daily, he starts to get sick again. Look it up, it's real.
Using marijuana is not restricted to smoking.

Moderation in all things.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:48 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
There are people who want to remain blind to racism.
Its sad and pathetic they are still using the old 'protecting health and safety of the public' though in relation to why they enforce drug laws...We know for a fact that is not remotely true.

Law enforcement also likes to say 'we are just doing our jobs, just enforcing laws that were created'....how they can actually think anyone would fall for that garbage is beyond me?!

Law enforcement shouldnt get a pass on this anyway,...'just doing ones job' has never been an acceptable excuse, history proves this.

I say, DISOBEY and REFUSE TO COMPLY with drug laws, thats the appropriate action to take at this point, if enough people stand up and say NO, future generations will be celebrating and honoring them as true patriots one day.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:56 AM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its sad and pathetic they are still using the old 'protecting health and safety of the public' though in relation to why they enforce drug laws...We know for a fact that is not remotely true.

Law enforcement also likes to say 'we are just doing our jobs, just enforcing laws that were created'....how they can actually think anyone would fall for that garbage is beyond me?!

Law enforcement shouldnt get a pass on this anyway,...'just doing ones job' has never been an acceptable excuse, history proves this.

I say, DISOBEY and REFUSE TO COMPLY with drug laws, thats the appropriate action to take at this point, if enough people stand up and say NO, future generations will be celebrating and honoring them as true patriots one day.
One thing I am happy about, is NJ's recreational law (passed but the final bill still has details being negotiated) is also going to expunge the records of everyone convicted of marijuana possession in NJ. I think at least some of the other states did as well.

One thing NJ policy makers are arguing about, is many want to ensure that the poor black communities who have been most decimated by the War on Drugs, have equal opportunity to now enter the marijuana business. Keeping it from being corporatized so it has a direct benefit to those communities in terms of small business and jobs.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:33 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
One thing I am happy about, is NJ's recreational law (passed but the final bill still has details being negotiated) is also going to expunge the records of everyone convicted of marijuana possession in NJ. I think at least some of the other states did as well.

One thing NJ policy makers are arguing about, is many want to ensure that the poor black communities who have been most decimated by the War on Drugs, have equal opportunity to now enter the marijuana business. Keeping it from being corporatized so it has a direct benefit to those communities in terms of small business and jobs.
It has already been 'corporatized' for the most part, I was just reading an article on a company named Tilray, who is probably going to be one the largest entities in legal weed, when it happens nationwide, they are in the process of working on deals with tobacco, alcohol and even pharma companies, its only a matter of time before its legalized nationwide and people are scrambling to get in on the ground floor, its going to be extremely lucrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness