Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 07:19 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times

Advertisements

Please watch this video. A Charlotte NC woman that had the virus explains the process she went through. Aches and pain, loss of smell & taste.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/travel/...8-76c4d8869fe0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2020, 08:05 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Please watch this video. A Charlotte NC woman that had the virus explains the process she went through. Aches and pain, loss of smell & taste.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/travel/...8-76c4d8869fe0
Oh how interesting on the taste and smell. These are signs of Zinc deficiency and I just posted about Zinc and coronavirus in Alt Med here. Check it out and do a search on zinc deficiency and symptoms from it.

Old 03-31-2020, 05:03 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Last night I was feeling uncomfortably warm, so I took my temperature: 103.1.

I couldn't believe it. I've been in self-isolation for ages. So I took it again and got 96.5.

Diagnosis: Old thermometer, failing battery. I am typically 97.something.

I've decided not to get a new battery or new thermometer. It's too stressful. I'll know if I'm running a fever.

Old 03-31-2020, 05:11 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,241,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh how interesting on the taste and smell. These are signs of Zinc deficiency and I just posted about Zinc and coronavirus in Alt Med here. Check it out and do a search on zinc deficiency and symptoms from it.
Also brain tumor, Alzheimer’s, aging and schizophrenia. There are many reasons why people can lose their sense of smell.

Most people in the US are not zinc deficient to the point where they lose their sense of smell.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/...s/sym-20050804

Old 03-31-2020, 07:43 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,429,872 times
From my sister who has it. First two weeks no fever cough slight headache and stuffiness. Going into the third week low grade fever 100.4 massive headache stuffiness no breathing problems yet. Loss of taste and smell which others have also reported. Any temp under 100 doesn’t mean you have it nor does it mean you don’t but it is perfectly normal to have a rise in temperature late in the day. Watch for the other symptoms and if you have any try and quarantine yourself until you are sure it was only a cold or something else.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:17 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,221,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I think. Because I’m in my van and don’t have a thermometer with me and every store I’ve been to has been out. But I know the symptoms..slightly achy, chills, lightheadedness, body warm to the touch, we all know the feeling by now. It doesn’t feel like it’s over 100 degrees but still.

And here’s the odd thing about it. I had the exact same feeling four days ago and late in the day like now. When I woke up the next morning I was fine. Could this be paranoia? I thought the other night that I might have a very mild case but then why would it come back four days later? I feel fine.

Then I mentioned it to a friend and she said that she and her husband have had the same feeling this week. Btw, I suffer from allergies but have never had a fever from them. The

Sounds like the early stages of a cold. Go back to the drug store, buy some orange juice, and vicks vaporub. Ar you having trouble breathing?

See a doctor.

Old 03-31-2020, 01:15 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Sounds like the early stages of a cold. Go back to the drug store, buy some orange juice, and vicks vaporub. Ar you having trouble breathing?

See a doctor.
Don't SEE a doctor. Stay home and CALL a doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2020, 01:23 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Also brain tumor, Alzheimer’s, aging and schizophrenia. There are many reasons why people can lose their sense of smell.

Most people in the US are not zinc deficient to the point where they lose their sense of smell.

Correct. It is rare in the US and those who develop it usually have underlying reasons for malnutrition/malabsorption. Apparently zinc seems to be the C-D crusade of the day. Just as copper was a few days ago,. Tomorrow it will be usurped by some other miracle ingestible substance.

https://www.ewg.org/research/how-muc...eficiencies-us

Zinc is hardly news. That, plus elderberry syrup and some extra C have been my cold/flu season allies for decades.

Last edited by Parnassia; 03-31-2020 at 01:40 PM..

Old 03-31-2020, 01:33 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,032,631 times
If I was unsure, meaning not feeling very feverish or not coughing non-stop, I'd be more afraid of catching covid19 by going to urgent care or ER.

Many cases are mild and doctors are advising to stay home in bed.
The tough part is if you don't have anyone living with you to monitor you if you start getting worse, good judgement can go out the window.

stepka-have you have gotten the pneumonia shot? It doesn't help covid19 pneumo but it keeps you from being more susceptible.

Old 03-31-2020, 03:27 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post

You would be surprised how many are deficient in so much...as so many nutrients are used up immediately when we consume foods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness