Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 06:30 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times

Advertisements

I think. Because I’m in my van and don’t have a thermometer with me and every store I’ve been to has been out. But I know the symptoms..slightly achy, chills, lightheadedness, body warm to the touch, we all know the feeling by now. It doesn’t feel like it’s over 100 degrees but still.

And here’s the odd thing about it. I had the exact same feeling four days ago and late in the day like now. When I woke up the next morning I was fine. Could this be paranoia? I thought the other night that I might have a very mild case but then why would it come back four days later? I feel fine.

Then I mentioned it to a friend and she said that she and her husband have had the same feeling this week. Btw, I suffer from allergies but have never had a fever from them. The
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2020, 07:28 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,800,655 times
paranoia

Old 03-29-2020, 10:43 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,296,275 times
Nobody ever died from a fever.

Well, yes they have. But so far you haven't, so that's a really good sign.

Old 03-30-2020, 06:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I think. Because I’m in my van and don’t have a thermometer with me and every store I’ve been to has been out. But I know the symptoms..slightly achy, chills, lightheadedness, body warm to the touch, we all know the feeling by now. It doesn’t feel like it’s over 100 degrees but still.

And here’s the odd thing about it. I had the exact same feeling four days ago and late in the day like now. When I woke up the next morning I was fine. Could this be paranoia? I thought the other night that I might have a very mild case but then why would it come back four days later? I feel fine.

Then I mentioned it to a friend and she said that she and her husband have had the same feeling this week. Btw, I suffer from allergies but have never had a fever from them. The
Sounds like you are going through the same thing the rest of us are: wild imagination!!! I know thermometers are hard to come by. It also sounds like some of your symptoms do not truly match what we are being told: a temp below 100.4 is not considered anything to worry about: chills is not one I have heard, nor being light headed. The most common symptoms are: fever over 100.4, dry cough, and shortness of breath. If you are really concerned I would you should find an urgent care facility and get checked out.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:06 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
nmnita: I've been thinking the same thing here and I'd sure be concerned about the shortness of breath. I repped you and we don't agree on a lot, but we do often.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:26 PM

23,319 posts, read 18,877,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If you are really concerned I would you should find an urgent care facility and get checked out.
Nope! Go home and stay home. CALL someone (your own doc, a nursing hotline) and relate your symptoms. If they feel you should be seen, they'll advise you. DON'T waste a facility's time/materials/risk exposing others or exposing yourself) in person.

Last edited by Parnassia; 03-30-2020 at 01:20 PM..

Old 03-30-2020, 04:23 PM

3,379 posts, read 9,212,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Nope! Go home and stay home. CALL someone (your own doc, a nursing hotline) and relate your symptoms. If they feel you should be seen, they'll advise you. DON'T waste a facility's time/materials/risk exposing others or exposing yourself) in person.
Relax. As she clearly stated she is RV living. She is home.

Old 03-30-2020, 06:23 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,296,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
Relax. As she clearly stated she is RV living. She is home.

Lol, what? She said she was in her van. is that code for RV Living? I took it to mean she was in her van, away from home. Regardless, Parnassia didn't mean "go home" as much as "don't go to urgent care".

There are infomercials, I think they are on PBS, that say "If you have the CV-19 Fever YOU WILL KNOW IT. If you don't have a thermometer your chest and back will feel warm".

In other words, someone who isn't even sure they have a fever (like the OP) shouldn't even be bothering ANY medical professional. When you have a fever that could be CV-19 related YOU WILL KNOW IT.

Of course you won't know if its CV-19, you'll just know you have a fever high enough to get medical advice.

Old 03-30-2020, 06:25 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post

I always run 97.5 consistently. I have been taking my temperature frequently now, because of this virus thing, and the other day I was alarmed to see it at 99.1 ! I made an appointment with my regular Doctor and they saw me the next day. By then it had dropped into the 98.8 range, and lower.

He told me not to really worry until it gets to the 100 + range, and even that is considered a low grade temp. He said I just had a slight bug, not the symptoms of this latest virus, and he gave me a Z pack, which I took for 5 days. I am now back at 97.5, and he said a fever from the Coronavirus does not drop , it just keeps climbing.

So, my suggestion to you is to drive around until you find a thermometer ( I found some at a local medical supply store the other day) and just watch your temp for a while. All of us are on edge now, and the slightest blip in how we feel makes us think the worst.

Old 03-30-2020, 06:36 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,800,655 times
PLEASE don't freak yourself out people! Temps. can vary throughout the day. IF you actually had COVID-19 (from what I hear) - you would know it!! Don't take up valuable Dr. time that they need to actually spend w/people who are sick. 98.6 is NOT the normal for all - some are ALWAYS a bit lower, some are ALWAYS a bit higher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness