Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 03:58 PM

1,500 posts, read 885,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Last night I was feeling uncomfortably warm, so I took my temperature: 103.1.

I couldn't believe it. I've been in self-isolation for ages. So I took it again and got 96.5.

Diagnosis: Old thermometer, failing battery. I am typically 97.something.

I've decided not to get a new battery or new thermometer. It's too stressful. I'll know if I'm running a fever.
LOL..

Yeah 103 ...you would know it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 05:18 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,241,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
You would be surprised how many are deficient in so much...as so many nutrients are used up immediately when we consume foods.
Note I said “to the point of losing your smell.” That’s a massive deficiency, not just a little one.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-sup...c/art-20366112

“Zinc deficiency. People who have low levels of zinc appear to benefit most from zinc supplements. This kind of deficiency isn't common in the United States.”

Old 03-31-2020, 06:55 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Please watch this video. A Charlotte NC woman that had the virus explains the process she went through. Aches and pain, loss of smell & taste.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/travel/...8-76c4d8869fe0
That was one of the questions my Dr asked me last week when I went it, " How is your sense of smell and taste".

Old 03-31-2020, 08:54 PM

472 posts, read 325,474 times
I disagree with these respondents. Some people have NO symptoms at all. It's completely plausible that some people with the Wuhan virus have some mild symptoms. I had a fever one night a few weeks ago followed by a scratchy cough for a few days after that. It was very strange because it never developed into much of anything. I've never had a fever that amounted to such a nothing burger.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:08 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
I disagree with these respondents. Some people have NO symptoms at all. It's completely plausible that some people with the Wuhan virus have some mild symptoms. I had a fever one night a few weeks ago followed by a scratchy cough for a few days after that. It was very strange because it never developed into much of anything. I've never had a fever that amounted to such a nothing burger.
Well, this typically is cold and flu season anyway, so how do we know if it is just a normal flu or this new one ? The only way to be certain early on is to be tested, and those are not available for all of us to take. My Doctor last week said I would have to fit into several risk categories to be eligible, and I only met one....my age.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:52 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
If you get mild symptoms and goes away. Then you have a 4-5 day period where it can suddenly come back. That's because the virus has the ability to keep your immune system suppressed. If you are lucky after a week nothing happens then your immune system has protected you. Otherwise many people suddenly get slammed after a week the virus surprises you.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:07 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,580,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I think. Because I’m in my van and don’t have a thermometer with me and every store I’ve been to has been out. But I know the symptoms..slightly achy, chills, lightheadedness, body warm to the touch, we all know the feeling by now. It doesn’t feel like it’s over 100 degrees but still.

And here’s the odd thing about it. I had the exact same feeling four days ago and late in the day like now. When I woke up the next morning I was fine. Could this be paranoia? I thought the other night that I might have a very mild case but then why would it come back four days later? I feel fine.

Then I mentioned it to a friend and she said that she and her husband have had the same feeling this week. Btw, I suffer from allergies but have never had a fever from them. The
You could be having sympathetic symptoms. I thought I felt warm, both inside my body & to the touch, and a slight headache. I took my temperature...it was normal. Then I felt fine.

Maybe someone can give you a thermometer. You need your actual temperature taken, to know it.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:09 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,580,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If you get mild symptoms and goes away. Then you have a 4-5 day period where it can suddenly come back. That's because the virus has the ability to keep your immune system suppressed. If you are lucky after a week nothing happens then your immune system has protected you. Otherwise many people suddenly get slammed after a week the virus surprises you.
The body has no immunity to the virus. None. zippo. Nada. That's the problem. It's totally foreign to your body. Not like a new strain of the flu.

Once you've had the virus, you may have immunity.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:19 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Last night I was feeling uncomfortably warm, so I took my temperature: 103.1.

I couldn't believe it. I've been in self-isolation for ages. So I took it again and got 96.5.

Diagnosis: Old thermometer, failing battery. I am typically 97.something.

I've decided not to get a new battery or new thermometer. It's too stressful. I'll know if I'm running a fever.
Had almost the same thing occur, except mine was saying I was 82.3. I knew that was wrong. And that thing was so old the batteries aren’t made anymore so — it’s gone.

I’m temping with my thermopen under my arm. I’m having my normal seasonal allergies, so temping makes me feel more in control.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:33 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Correct. It is rare in the US and those who develop it usually have underlying reasons for malnutrition/malabsorption. Apparently zinc seems to be the C-D crusade of the day. Just as copper was a few days ago,. Tomorrow it will be usurped by some other miracle ingestible substance.

https://www.ewg.org/research/how-muc...eficiencies-us

Zinc is hardly news. That, plus elderberry syrup and some extra C have been my cold/flu season allies for decades.
Same here, I've used Zinc lozenges or zinc throat spray for the past 30 years at the first sign of a cold and I'm convinced that it helps lessen the duration and severity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness