Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 06:44 PM

2,282 posts, read 1,582,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
What part of the CDC information above confirms THIS statement you made??

Especially since the CDC has ordered that anyone who tests positive and dies to be counted as a coronavirus death

The statement from CDC states:

COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death.

CAUSED OR ASSUMED TO HAVE CAUSED OR CONTRIBUTED TO DEATH

NOT anyone who dies and tests positive....anyone in whom the disease CAUSED OR CONTRIBUTED TO DEATH

Pretty much the exact opposite of what you stated....
This is inaccurate labeling cause of death.

keep the public in fear so you can control them and receive money too. I don't know.

Although, I am hearing more stories from friends and relatives abroad of doctors putting Covid-19 as cause of death when their relative died of a heart attack, failed kidneys, etc.

Why is #MN inflating COVID-19 death numbers?
https://twitter.com/chrisbergPOVNOW/...80994821509121

It's just as people thought. Govt. cannot be trusted on both sides. This coudl political with over-reporting and under-reporting slants. who knows?

Last edited by frankrj; 04-08-2020 at 07:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2020, 08:51 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Would be really good data to have wouldn't it.

Especially since the CDC has ordered that anyone who tests positive and dies to be counted as a coronavirus death. And guessing is also allowed. So test positive and get shot? You will be recorded as a coronavirus death. Did you cough before you died? Can't be the pack a day habit you had, must be coronavirus.

This pandemic will have the most corrupted and inaccurate data in the history of science. Completely worthless. No one knows what's going on now, and no one will be able to figure it out in the future.
Right Wing Talking Point echoed everywhere - as if you and the OP thought it up out of whole cloth.

The idea of it, besides the senocide and eugenics displayed, is to downplay the effect of the disease. Of course that could make killing grandma because I want to go out to dinner seem....well, a little saner.

It's been reported and quite clear from day one what the situation is and was. Maybe many didn't read even back in January and now are catching up?

It's about 100 Million Americans who have one or more of the "co-morbid" conditions. Likely most on these boards do.....most being over 50%.

But, to be clear, virtually ALL the data shows that the people who die would not be dying from their "co" condition at this time.

That should make the data very clear. For example, 280 New Yorkers died at home in a single day in the city. The usual toll is 25.

If not for CV, over 200 of them would not have died, right? Since this data is continual (the 25 home deaths) any rise in it means that CV reaped that grim harvest.

This "question" would be like studying MV deaths and then commenting "well, let's write off all those who had some kind of condition or were on medications or who may have died within a couple years anyway".

My MIL died last year at 97. My parents are 90 and doing well. I'm sure they have MANY conditions. If they got CV they'd probably die. Not of what they already have, but of CV

Old 04-09-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
This is inaccurate labeling cause of death.

keep the public in fear so you can control them and receive money too. I don't know.

Although, I am hearing more stories from friends and relatives abroad of doctors putting Covid-19 as cause of death when their relative died of a heart attack, failed kidneys, etc.

It's just as people thought. Govt. cannot be trusted on both sides. This coudl political with over-reporting and under-reporting slants. who knows?
If no oxygen gets into your blood your heart and kidneys fail also.

https://www.hospimedica.com/covid-19...-new-data.html

"In the first study, after being admitted to the hospital, 34% of the 59 patients developed massively elevated levels of albumin in urine (proteinuria), a symptom of kidney damage, while 63% of the study patients developed proteinuria while in hospital, and many of them also had blood loss in their urine (hematuria). Kidney function was impaired in 27% of the study population and in 66% of the patients who died from the coronavirus infection"

Heart attacks have actually went down in most places here in the USA - but, really, once you cannot get air you die of something fairly quickly. Out of the extra 200+ deaths at home in NYC per day now, I'm sure many present as heart attacks and others as kidney failure - but most all would have to be CV (since there is so many less normally).

No one is slanting or lying. By design any "talking point" you listen to contains only a piece of the data. Scientists are too busy trying to cure the thing and dealing with it to sit around and detail the stats.

That will come later.

Old 04-09-2020, 09:14 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Determining an accurate mortality rate would be difficult. We don't know how many people die of this at home, and there isn't enough tests to determine if it was Covid, or something else. I was curious about this because I had a friend die with a 103 fever at home. Was it flu? (This was before Covid.)
I found an article that states that in New York City an average of 25 people die in their homes a day. The average now is around 200. Dead bodies aren't tested for Covid or influenza. (Sorry this is an obscure source with a slight to moderate liberal bias with sources that are generally trustworthy.) Media Bias/Fact Check

gothamist : Staggering Surge Of NYers Dying In Their Homes Suggests City Is Undercounting Coronavirus Fatalities.

MarketWatch is reporting that there is a Covid death about every 10-20 minutes.

It's not just here. Time is reporting that nursing home patients are left dead in their beds and left to fend for themselves. "Spanish Nursing Home Residents Found Living in Squalor Near Bodies of Suspected Coronavirus victims. " "A worker at the nursing home said at least two bodies had to remain in the home for a day before funeral workers, who are working around the clock, arrive to take them away."
So how do you determine an accurate mortality? This is far graver than just the reported numbers, which are staggering and only the tip of the iceberg.

Old 04-09-2020, 09:20 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Right Wing Talking Point echoed everywhere
I'm not right wing. Playing politics is for ignorant fools. Not interested.

Old 04-09-2020, 09:28 AM

Why is it that people never read the basic charts we had two months back?

They clearly showed that 80+ was the real danger. Was that a plot?

Hint: 80+ always have conditions.
Since many of you seem to need reminders of the facts, I'll link to them:
https://www.statista.com/chart/20860...y-rate-by-age/

That is from 2 months ago.

CDC said 80% plus of deaths are over-65

Is there some new figures - verified - that makes that guess seem outlandish?

And, if not, why is it that facts...which come true....aren't facts?

Old 04-09-2020, 09:42 AM

Did you watch the video of Senator Scott Jensen, MD, posted above?
No? Watch it.

Interviewer: "Why would they want to inflate the number of deaths [in Minnesota]?"
Senator: "Fear is a great motivator."

Here's a link to the full video segment, which is called POV. Includes info on the CARES Act, and how hospitals that provide care will get millions of dollars ... more diagnosis and testing ... equals more and more money.

https://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...569492011.html

Segment ends with a plea for people to start questioning and thinking for themselves.

I know there are people right in this thread who are 100% against that. /shrug/

Old 04-09-2020, 11:39 AM

2,565 posts, read 1,642,026 times
Most people can - and do - think for themselves. This is not some vast conspiracy to ruin countries and economies. This is a pandemic that most countries were not sufficiently prepared to deal with. Deaths from this virus occur in all age groups and even among those who had no preexisting health conditions. The infection, complication, and death rate is much higher than that from various flu strains. None of us are immune to severe complications - or worse - from Covid-19. Since there is no sure fire treatment and no vaccine, it's best to try to avoid infection. Social distancing is the only way to do that. Hopefully we'll soon have wide spread antibody tests that will allow those who are no longer vulnerable to return back to "normal". Until then, we should all try our best to not be exposed.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Most people can - and do - think for themselves. This is not some vast conspiracy to ruin countries and economies. This is a pandemic that most countries were not sufficiently prepared to deal with. Deaths from this virus occur in all age groups and even among those who had no preexisting health conditions. The infection, complication, and death rate is much higher than that from various flu strains. None of us are immune to severe complications - or worse - from Covid-19. Since there is no sure fire treatment and no vaccine, it's best to try to avoid infection. Social distancing is the only way to do that. Hopefully we'll soon have wide spread antibody tests that will allow those who are no longer vulnerable to return back to "normal". Until then, we should all try our best to not be exposed.
I disagree. I think if you are a healthy person with no comorbidities you'd be better off getting exposed. Your body can build its own immunity.

But, I think for myself. /shrug/

I do not EVER want to be guinea pig. Any drug that has been on the market <5 years? Is in Phase 4 of development. No thanks. As a healthy person? I'd rather take my chances with a mild disease from which I am highly, highly, highly likely to recover with zero ill effects than a chemical and biological concoction that has zero track record of safety or efficacy.

I haven't been brainwashed by the fear.

Old 04-09-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Thinking for ourselves and knowing things are two different things! BIG difference.

I used to be in an industry that dealt with dangerous stuff - heat, pressure, fire, etc.

Often people would ask us why they couldn't take shortcuts "like grand dad did". Given "thinking for themselves", they would have done it....and killed people, and destroyed property.

Our answer was always the same "When Grandpa blew himself up or burned down his farmhouse three hollows over you didn't hear about it. Now we actually count how many people burn themselves up and the statistic say".....

The fact that we even have to explain this means people think WRONGLY for themselves - the old Dunning-Kruger effect. Centuries ago they rebuilt cities like Boston and Chicago and others....when they burned down. Turned out that they rebuilt out of masonry.

Given the "thinking for myself" these days, a lot of folks would seem willing to build cities out out of dry wood as before.

Everyone "thinks". We think all the time. But most of what many think is either background noise, BS or what seems - at a glance - to be correct. But when it come to pandemics, disease, mortality and other things...what seems right often isn't.

Ah, the healthy feeling of smoking a cigarette - even doctors agreed!

"Throwback Thursday: When Doctors Prescribed 'Healthy' Cigarette Brands. ... From the 1930s to the 1950s, advertising's most powerful phrase—“doctors recommend”—was paired with the world's deadliest consumer product. Cigarettes weren't seen as dangerous then"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness