Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 09:50 AM

130,230 posts, read 12,093,129 times

Advertisements

I think they mean, show up at 11.57. Not a minute before or after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 10:06 AM

829 posts, read 629,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Call the store, we cant answer your question. Only the store pharmacy can
I agree! The store pharmacy where I got my first dose said they'd call me for the appointment for the second dose, but I wound up getting an e-mail. I had to watch the pharmacy website where my husband got his first dose for appointments for the second dose. As others have said, all places operate differently, so it's best to call them to find out how they handle it.

There were some glitches initially with the second dose in my area, so my back-up plan was to find out what other pharmacies were giving the same vaccines we'd had. That way, if either of our pharmacies didn't come through for us, we knew where else we may be able to get our second dose, which helped relieve my anxiety. Neither of us had a problem - and I'm guessing the pharmacy where you got your first dose is committed to giving their customers their second dose. I think the distribution of vaccine allocations is much more reliable now than it was in the very early days. Good luck!!

Old 04-23-2021, 10:15 AM

20,651 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
You did not get a CDC card with a sticker on it that said the vaccine and date of administration? I got that during my first visit and gave it them for an update during the second visit. It seems weird they would not give it to you. There are circumstances where a patient might have to cancel or where the vaccine itself is contaminated, and a person might end up having to go get the second vaccine from another place. I am in Chicagoland and now we have walk-up facilities where people who got the first Pfizer vaccine can get the second one. I don’t think they have enough Moderna to do that.

I did get the CDC card with the date for my 2nd Dose. I was told to come the same time.

Old 04-23-2021, 10:16 AM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
You did not get a CDC card with a sticker on it that said the vaccine and date of administration? I got that during my first visit and gave it them for an update during the second visit. It seems weird they would not give it to you. There are circumstances where a patient might have to cancel or where the vaccine itself is contaminated, and a person might end up having to go get the second vaccine from another place. I am in Chicagoland and now we have walk-up facilities where people who got the first Pfizer vaccine can get the second one. I don’t think they have enough Moderna to do that.

Everyone may not get the exact same card.

Mine is.. Apparently form P301_Vaccine Card_V1_13December2020. Has lines for the vaccine (1st and 2nd dose), the product name/manufacturer, the lot # and the date administered... Along with a line for the Healthcare Professional/Clinic Site.

The Moderna vax is printed as the product and it also has the Moderna Logo and Cove Study logos on it. But, again.. Me being part of the trial.. Mine is likely different than the norm.

Old 04-23-2021, 11:26 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
I would ask, just to make sure, but that said, a LOT of places are taking walk ins now, no appointment necessary.

Now that the vaccines have opened them up to all, 16 and over, it seems that we're reaching the point where most people who wanted a vaccine got a vaccine, and everyone else doesn't plan to get one any time soon.

Lots of places are having lots of left over vaccines at the end of the day.

Old 04-23-2021, 12:41 PM

3,527 posts, read 6,528,901 times
I got an email telling me the exact time and date of the second dose. The time is the same time as the first dose.

I'm sorry, I temporarily forgot that after I got the first dose, the lady told me I'd get the email. Sorry I wasted everybody's time.

Actually, some places require you to make an appt for the second dose.

Old 04-23-2021, 01:48 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
I got an email telling me the exact time and date of the second dose. The time is the same time as the first dose.

I'm sorry, I temporarily forgot that after I got the first dose, the lady told me I'd get the email. Sorry I wasted everybody's time.

Actually, some places require you to make an appt for the second dose.
The public clinic where I got my first shot gave me a list of available appointment times for the date of my second shot and recorded my selection before I left. The follow up email later that day confirmed it.

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-23-2021 at 02:17 PM..

Old 04-23-2021, 02:10 PM

1,938 posts, read 702,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I would ask, just to make sure, but that said, a LOT of places are taking walk ins now, no appointment necessary.

Now that the vaccines have opened them up to all, 16 and over, it seems that we're reaching the point where most people who wanted a vaccine got a vaccine, and everyone else doesn't plan to get one any time soon.

Lots of places are having lots of left over vaccines at the end of the day.

My brother said a local pharmacy by him had a sign for "Walk-ins" for Covid vax. I had my second appointment
yesterday at a Vaccination Hub (Large High School). LOTS of people working, no waiting. It looked like the
nurses/staff outnumbered the general public. A lot of nurses were looking at their phones, sitting at empty
tables. My nurse told me she's just happy when people show up for it.

They gave us a sticker with the Statue of Libery on it wearing a mask and band-aid saying, "I Got The Shot."

Last edited by 2 Scoops; 04-23-2021 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-23-2021, 03:23 PM

867 posts, read 722,859 times
I booked both my first and second appointments at the same time on the pharmacy website.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:32 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
OP - you really need to try to understand all your health issues yourself. The card will state which vaccine you received.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness