Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 04:37 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I would ask, just to make sure, but that said, a LOT of places are taking walk ins now, no appointment necessary.

Now that the vaccines have opened them up to all, 16 and over, it seems that we're reaching the point where most people who wanted a vaccine got a vaccine, and everyone else doesn't plan to get one any time soon.

Lots of places are having lots of left over vaccines at the end of the day.

Agree that it seems that whoever wanted the vaccine already got it, most likely by fibbing that they smoked or had some sort of health issue since health issues were not verified.

I made my hub's Sam's club appointment Monday, I was shocked to see their schedule was open from Tuesday on. Tuesday came, I didn't realize it was 11 so I woke hub up telling him he was late. He works nights. I called Sam's to make sure it was still ok for him to get there by 11:30, they said it was fine which tells me that they were not fully booked Tuesday either.

I went on the CVS COVID vaccine web site yesterday, looked at the availability in NJ, more were available then fully booked. I also looked at NY because someone said NY had a lot of leftover vaccines that the person felt should be sent to Michigan but they need to fully vaccinate the fully booked areas 1st.

I registered with the NJ vaccine hub, their system has been calling me a few times in the last 2 weeks saying there are open vaccine locations, no appointment needed.

I'm not currently planning to get one and if I do, it will be the harder to find J&J vaccine. My GP told me that NJ is only using it in certain areas where they can't get people to come out twice. I've yet to even see it down by me. I see the CDC lifted the pause on J&J, they're able to give it again.

I was allergic to the shingles vaccine, the 1st dose almost closed my throat. Thankful for Benadryl. I had shingles bad near my right eye, they were afraid I'd lose my sight so I don't want shingles a 2nd time. Now I have to hope that having shingles plus only 1 vaccine will stop me from having it again. I also suffered from bad side effects for a few months, so I'm not going to rush out to get this vaccine. When I'm ready, I'll get allergy tested for the ingredient that's known to cause allergies with the J&J vaccine. I have to go with one and done because I may not be able to get 2. I'll probably suffer from side effects which is another reason I'm not rushing out. I'm able to only need to go out to do quick food shopping maybe once a week in the morning when it's not busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
I got an email telling me the exact time and date of the second dose. The time is the same time as the first dose.

I'm sorry, I temporarily forgot that after I got the first dose, the lady told me I'd get the email. Sorry I wasted everybody's time.

Actually, some places require you to make an appt for the second dose.

You didn't waste anyone's time. The people that replied could choose to hit the back button if they felt it was a waste of their time. Your thread will hopefully help someone else with the same question because some people just don't know when their 2nd vaccine will be. Some, like my friend, are very nervous just getting it and may not remember if they were told. It happens.

My friend is 65. She's very thin, I wouldn't be surprised if she weighs 90 pounds. She doesn't want a vaccine because the side effects could really do her fragile body in but so could COVID, so she's considering doing it. I suggested the J&J for her, one and done. Even though she's pretty good with medical things, she probably wouldn't know when her 2nd appointment would be too, mostly due to her nerves about getting vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2021, 12:36 PM

10,306 posts, read 6,837,174 times
Quote:
I got an email telling me the exact time and date of the second dose. The time is the same time as the first dose.

I'm sorry, I temporarily forgot that after I got the first dose, the lady told me I'd get the email. Sorry I wasted everybody's time.

Actually, some places require you to make an appt for the second dose.
You didn't waste everyone's time.

But, since I have you, here's a couple things to do.

1. Do NOT laminate your card. (You may requested to get a 3RD booster shot, in the future.)

2. Do NOT post up a picture of your card, anywhere on the internet. (You med rec # is on the card.)

3. Once you've received your 2nd shot, take a copy of your original. Keep the copy on your person, and stow the original with your other important papers.

4. Request you get your 2nd shot in your other shoulder. (I dunno why. It just makes it seem...even.) LOL!

Old 04-24-2021, 01:48 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
You didn't waste everyone's time.

But, since I have you, here's a couple things to do.

1. Do NOT laminate your card. (You may requested to get a 3RD booster shot, in the future.)

2. Do NOT post up a picture of your card, anywhere on the internet. (You med rec # is on the card.)

3. Once you've received your 2nd shot, take a copy of your original. Keep the copy on your person, and stow the original with your other important papers.

4. Request you get your 2nd shot in your other shoulder. (I dunno why. It just makes it seem...even.) LOL!
I just checked our cards....the medical record number space was left blank!

But name and date of birth are there.....so agree not posting it publicly is a good plan
Same with laminating it...no need....if boosters are needed...and likely they will, hopefully they can use same card..

Good advice!

Old 04-25-2021, 04:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
I got both shots in my left upper arm. I didn't want my right arm to be sore.

Old 04-25-2021, 05:02 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I got both shots in my left upper arm. I didn't want my right arm to be sore.

Same with my hub, it will be left only because some are having swollen lymph nodes with the Moderna shot. He's missing a bakers dozen lymph nodes in his right neck from cancer. I told him no shot in the right arm just in case he has the lymph node issue.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:57 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,935,215 times
Pfizer, 3 weeks between shots.

Old 04-25-2021, 11:29 AM

3,528 posts, read 6,530,477 times
Why doesn't the back of the card have a time field? I guess they thought we would assume the second dose time would be the same as the first dose time. But it might cause people to wonder.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:15 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Why doesn't the back of the card have a time field? I guess they thought we would assume the second dose time would be the same as the first dose time. But it might cause people to wonder.
It could be because some types of mass clinics didn't assign appointment times. You just showed up on your assigned day and waited in line. The scheduling nurse who assigned my appointments just wrote the time on the vaccination card by hand.

Old 04-25-2021, 02:15 PM

3,528 posts, read 6,530,477 times
There are some news articles saying 8 million people are skipping their second dose. I wonder if people don't understand they need the second dose. Or they think the first dose is enough?

Old 04-25-2021, 02:42 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
There are some news articles saying 8 million people are skipping their second dose. I wonder if people don't understand they need the second dose. Or they think the first dose is enough?
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/25/b...ond-doses.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness