Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 06:21 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
There are some news articles saying 8 million people are skipping their second dose. I wonder if people don't understand they need the second dose. Or they think the first dose is enough?
My second shot was denied. I was referred to see a physician because I had shortness of breath as one of my symptoms upon receiving the first dose..
Now because I have an appointment to get my doctor's approval. I cannot get my second dose scheduled because by their records I 'declined' . I am beyond livid .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 10:33 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
My second shot was denied. I was referred to see a physician because I had shortness of breath as one of my symptoms upon receiving the first dose..
Now because I have an appointment to get my doctor's approval. I cannot get my second dose scheduled because by their records I 'declined' . I am beyond livid .
I am not weighing in on whether or not you should get a second vaccine without seeing your doctor.

However, you may be able to go somewhere different than the site you went to for the first vaccine to get the second vaccine.

I got my first Moderna from a County Health Dept Site. I had to cancel my second appt due to a family emergency. They gave me a ridiculous run around promising to call with an appt when I called to rescedule, but no appt showed up.

I said heck with them and scheduled a second appt with Publix. Check with all the private entities that are giving vaccines and see if they will give you a second shot. Some like Publix and CVS say so on their website. Just make sure its the same manufacturer you got the first time.

The first and second shots are identical, so technically, you could just go get a first shot somewhere, but then your record would be messed up.

Old 04-26-2021, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I am not weighing in on whether or not you should get a second vaccine without seeing your doctor.

However, you may be able to go somewhere different than the site you went to for the first vaccine to get the second vaccine.

I got my first Moderna from a County Health Dept Site. I had to cancel my second appt due to a family emergency. They gave me a ridiculous run around promising to call with an appt when I called to rescedule, but no appt showed up.

I said heck with them and scheduled a second appt with Publix. Check with all the private entities that are giving vaccines and see if they will give you a second shot. Some like Publix and CVS say so on their website. Just make sure its the same manufacturer you got the first time.

The first and second shots are identical, so technically, you could just go get a first shot somewhere, but then your record would be messed up.
My state requires that the person receive the shot from the administer of the first one. It keeps folks from "shopping" around as they say.

Its been two weeks past when I was due my second dose- Was due at 28 day mark and I am now coming up on week number three that I am delayed.

Yes I have my vaccine card so they know the Pfizer batch number, and when the first dose was dated.
Frustrating though to go thru this delay....

Old 04-26-2021, 04:18 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:

When do you see your doctor? Sounds like that's the only way you'll get your 2nd shot. Make sure you bring Benadryl with you when you do get your 2nd one.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:02 AM

On Wednesday. Good tip to bring benedryl.
My doctor was dern near more upset then I was about being denied. He said, you need it. They were administering at the hospital. Surely if you would get a reaction you were in the right place to be monitored! He wasn't mad at me but rather how they denied it without any notice. I had reported my symptoms in my profile I have set up. And it was only reported because it asked if I experienced any if the following. And shortness of breath was one of them.
Ohh well come Wednesday my doctor will settle this debacle .

Old 04-26-2021, 07:52 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
On Wednesday. Good tip to bring benedryl.
My doctor was dern near more upset then I was about being denied. He said, you need it. They were administering at the hospital. Surely if you would get a reaction you were in the right place to be monitored! He wasn't mad at me but rather how they denied it without any notice. I had reported my symptoms in my profile I have set up. And it was only reported because it asked if I experienced any if the following. And shortness of breath was one of them.
Ohh well come Wednesday my doctor will settle this debacle .

Good luck. My hub didn't register on the one site they said he could. I guess it's a good thing too.

Let us know how you make out.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:50 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,078,481 times
Quote:
My state requires that the person receive the shot from the administer of the first one. It keeps folks from "shopping" around as they say.

Its been two weeks past when I was due my second dose- Was due at 28 day mark and I am now coming up on week number three that I am delayed.

Yes I have my vaccine card so they know the Pfizer batch number, and when the first dose was dated.
Frustrating though to go thru this delay....

You have made an error here- the second Pfizer dose is due at 21 days. It's the Moderna that's due at 28 days.

Be sure of what you got, and what you will get. They are not interchangeable, the second shot must be the same as the first.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:58 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,691,899 times
When Should the Second Dose Be Given?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine be given within 3 weeks of the first dose for the Pfizer vaccine and within 4 weeks for the Moderna vaccine. No more than 6 weeks should lapse between doses, although if the second dose is not given during these time frames, it can be given without the need to repeat the first dose. It is not recommended to give the second dose any earlier than stated above, but if a person needs to get the second dose earlier, giving the second dose up to 4 days ahead of schedule is allowed.

Old 05-07-2021, 09:20 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,949,625 times
Quote:
I just got my first shot (Moderna or Pfizer) and they wrote on the back of the card what day to come back.
But they didn't write a time. This was a big chain pharmacy.

I take that to mean I can come on that day, any time?

I noticed there isn't even a blank space for the time, so I supposed that's what it means.
I didn't get an email telling when my 2nd appointment time was supposed to be until the day before. Same time as the 1st, but what messed me up was that the site had changed from where I had my 1st one done.

Old 05-07-2021, 09:55 AM

15,794 posts, read 20,493,343 times
Quote:
I just got my first shot (Moderna or Pfizer) and they wrote on the back of the card what day to come back.
But they didn't write a time. This was a big chain pharmacy.

I take that to mean I can come on that day, any time?

I noticed there isn't even a blank space for the time, so I supposed that's what it means.

The big chains are doing walk-ins now. Just show up.

I got my first shot on Wed at CVS. I was a walk in. There was pretty much nobody there. Was done in less than 10 mins other than waiting the required 15 mins.

On my card, i have a date for the 2nd shot. No time. I just plan on walking in whenever is convenient for me when that day comes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness