Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 09:11 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I guess they would need to define what constitutes "presymptomatic". Is that a person who is not visibly sick to others but might be starting to feel a headache coming on and maybe experiencing an elevated temperature?

Obviously, if you aren't feeling right you reschedule for another time.
The definition is before you have symptoms.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-02-2021, 09:15 AM

17,401 posts, read 16,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The definition is before you have symptoms.
Yet, they make a distinction between asymptomatic and presymptomatic. So there is a difference.

They note that there is no finding of asymptomatic transmission.

Old 05-02-2021, 09:16 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Isn't the whole point of getting the vaccine because they say it works?
Exactly.

If the poster understood the MSM and CDC presentation of the usefulness of COVID vaccine, she should be more worried for her daughter who is not vaccinated.

Why is she more concerned with those who are vaccinated???

Old 05-02-2021, 09:18 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Yet, they make a distinction between asymptomatic and presymptomatic. So there is a difference.

They note that there is no finding of asymptomatic transmission.

Well yes.

Asymptomatic is when you test positive, but never develop symptoms.

Pre-symptomatic is the period before your symptoms start.

The point, and the danger, is you don't know which you are until a period of time passes. That is the reason we have had so much trouble with the spread of the virus.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-02-2021, 09:18 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Although it’s theoretically possible that people who are fully vaccinated could still spread the virus, it's highly unlikely.
Viruses don't avoid people who are vaccinated. They can still be carriers even if they don't get sick.

Everyone has potential to be a carrier. Everyone.

Old 05-02-2021, 09:22 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,253,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
I take care of elderly 86 year old mom (got both shots a few months ago) and disabled brother (we both got 2nd shot 4 days ago). I have been trying my best to be cautious...take care of them while following all covid health precautions (has been a rough year)...looking forward to doing more when we are all 2 plus weeks after 2nd covid shot.

The issue is my sister...She refuses to get the shot (s)...I tried to convince her that it prevents death and hospitalization, but she won't buy it regardless of what I say. I don't feel comfortable if she and brother in law come over for Mothers Day (they may not since she chooses to be estranged from family...never got along with mom) when both are unvaccinated for covid. Any way for them to visit if they choose to or should I just tell them to forget it? Looking for suggestions on how to approach this....thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Our kids have not been able to see my 98YO mother-in-law. We told them to stay away until vaccinated.

Son, daughter-in-law and grandson got vaccinated a month ago and we wil all be with mom tomorrow

Daughter has been vaccinated and we are waiting for grand daughter to get hers before seeing mom

You can protect your mother by keeping sister away
You're keeping 86 & 98! year old people from masked loved ones.

Dear God. Insanity.

Quote:
Why would a heartless jerk insist upon seeing their elderly mom? Maybe it's because they actually miss their mom?

Not getting the vaccine is not the same thing as showing up with a fever for a visit w/o a mask on and then coughing all over the vulnerable individuals.

The Op has done a good job of protecting her mom and keeping her safe during a very difficult year. She no doubt has a hard time relaxing some of her rigid protocols because this is the way she's been doing things for a year and those protocols have been working. But now that they have been vaccinated, it really is time to start living life like they have been vaccinated. It'll do them all good to see each other again.
Exactly. The world has gone frigging mad.

Old 05-02-2021, 09:28 AM

30,178 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
The chances of fully vaccinated people getting the virus from a healthy, asymptomatic person is slim to none.
Actually I have read that people with early stages of covid and are often asymptomatic are at the most contagious point in their illness. And you are talking about a situation where two family members are very high risk.

COVID-19 most contagious in first 5 days of illness, study finds

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...ss-study-finds

The study found no difference between viral load peaks in COVID-19 patients with and without symptoms.

Old 05-02-2021, 09:30 AM

130,455 posts, read 12,124,678 times
I think your Mom should decide if she wants to see her daughter, vax or not. Quality of life is important too.

Old 05-02-2021, 09:38 AM

17,401 posts, read 16,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Actually I have read that people with early stages of covid and are often asymptomatic are at the most contagious point in their illness. And you are talking about a situation where two family members are very high risk.

COVID-19 most contagious in first 5 days of illness, study finds

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...ss-study-finds

The study found no difference between viral load peaks in COVID-19 patients with and without symptoms.
If this is all still a concern for you then there are still safe ways to have a nice, outdoor visit. Your choice.

Many vaccinated people have just decided to stop worrying about the virus and live their lives again. Their choice.

I'm not going to tell a vaccinated grandmother or a great grandmother that she can't see her unvaccinated grandchildren. I'm not going to pick and choose who she is "allowed" to see, period. That is her choice.

Old 05-02-2021, 09:50 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Is this at your house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness