Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 10:50 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,883 times

Advertisements

it could be something called benign tremmors, my brother has themiIprobably have the same thing, however it affects me to a lesser degree, my Mom also has the conditon as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 11:31 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but lack of a certain B vitamin can cause this.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:16 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I get the tremors sometimes when I'm really hungry and my blood sugar is low. It's funny sometimes, because I am willing my hands to do one thing, but they refuse to listen. It's like, fine motor skills are out the door when the body needs glucose.
I have the same problem. It's pretty rare for me to shake, but there have been times when I couldn't control my hands. It's usually because I've not eaten all day -- that or I've been doing strenuous work with my hands.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:00 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
I shake from low blood sugar sometimes. It makes me feel weak all over though so I take care of it quickly.

I would think a more noticable shake would be something like the tremors mentioned, etc.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:54 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
If I take a Benedryl or anything with acetaminaphin in it it will cause me to shake and even kick in my sleep. It could be something as simple as that.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:00 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
When I'm playing basketball I shake. Give 'em a lil' pump fake, then a shake...crossover...layup. Skillzz.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:16 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I've met about three or so people who's hands would quiver or shake every now and again (no these people were not the elderly). I couldn't tell if they were extremely nervous or very angry. Does anybody know what that is about? I don't think it is MS or Parkinson's.

It is just something I've noticed.
Shaking is a symtom of so many differnt things its difficult to say, reaction from medications, addictions, low blood sugar, vitamin defincencies, Parkinsons, hypothyroid.

My hands use to shake unmercifully, right off the bat it was assumed I had an addiction by my employer, the Dr, passed it off as nerves and
anxiety during a bad time in my life, finally found someone in the medical profession who knew what he was do'in and was diagnosed with Graves disease..my thyroid was 4x the normal size.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:59 PM

345 posts, read 1,642,211 times
When alcohol, sugar, aspartame is oxidized in the liver it turns to formaldehyde and then to formic acid and expelled.

Unfortunately formaldehyde only turns into the non-toxic formic acid and expelled in the presence of certain B vitamins.

Drinking alcohol, sugar, coffee, smoking and other environmental toxins deplete the necessary levels of B vitamins leaving the formaldehyde, unprocessed and building up in the bloodstream.

This is the main cause of what doctors have labeled "Essential Benign Tremors" (they refuse to cure it but they named it).

here's a great read about the hazards of formadehyde.

http://www.champion-newera.com/CHAMP...encyclo650.pdf

Old 05-17-2010, 05:09 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
My hands shake when I'm angry and also when I drink coffee. Also, when I sit down at a poker table, without fail my hands will shake for the first 5 minutes.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:24 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,011,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Shaking is a symtom of so many differnt things its difficult to say, reaction from medications, addictions, low blood sugar, vitamin defincencies, Parkinsons, hypothyroid.

My hands use to shake unmercifully, right off the bat it was assumed I had an addiction by my employer, the Dr, passed it off as nerves and
anxiety during a bad time in my life, finally found someone in the medical profession who knew what he was do'in and was diagnosed with Graves disease..my thyroid was 4x the normal size.

Graves Disease is hypERthyroid, not hypo. When I was Hyperthyroid my hands would shake, some people thought I was a spaz, others looked at me like I had a major cocaine problem...neither was the case, (ok sure though I can act like a total spazz sometimes) but anyway the shaky hands can also come with too much thyroid medication after surgery of thyroid removal (that happened to me one round of levo. post op).

I'm sure there are many other reasons for the shakes as well, as others have already listed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness