Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 04:07 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_steak View Post
It was very peaceful and glorious. For some odd reason, I came back though. Not scared now because it is wonderful!
Well I had severe blood loss once too, certainly on my way to death... but the blood was trapped in my abdomen which made breathing very painful... I was super nauseous and uncomfortable but I could barely do anything to help myself. That was just not pleasant .... then they took me to the OR and put me out, but until then it was horrible. I woke up 2 days later in so much pain... picked up right where I left off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 12:14 AM

7,305 posts, read 28,223,011 times
I try not to think of it... too depressing. Guess it depends on your illness, etc. I guess there at the end you dont feel anything, I dont know.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:19 AM

7,305 posts, read 28,223,011 times
Oh wow, how terrible and sad. So sorry for your loss... that would be something terrible to endure. I hope I never have to see anything like that.

I have a friend who had clot to the brain, but she didnt die, but she almost did. She lay in the bathroom at work for almost an hour before anyone found her/realized she was gone. They said she would have died within 10 more minutes. She had surgery, it was very dangerous. That was about 2 years ago, she is doing fine now thank God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
When my wife died suddenly and unexpectedly from a burst brain aneurism, I heard a loud moan from the upstairs bedroom and went to make sure she was okay. I was all set to tell her she scared me as I turned into the doorway, but the look of extreme terror on her face immediately told me she was dead. It bothers me to this day, nearly 13 years later.

It must have come to her in at least a couple stages, as I'd heard her moan a few minutes earlier, but I figured one of the cats had done something. She had left the bathroom, where she'd run a bath and was reading a book, put on her "proper" cotton night gown (which she'd previously only worn for overnight stays with my parents), and climbed into bed.

I don't know how much pain was involved, but I saw the terror on her face, and I've seen it in my mind thousands of times since.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:08 AM

144 posts, read 270,621 times
I had a friend who died and was cremated. Once the ashes were thrown into the river, I felt a rush of wind go right through me and a feeling of relief.

At that moment, I knew he was at peace.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,660 times
It depends on how you die like if you died in a car accident it would be so what painful,on the other hand,if you died on inpacked then you might not feel a thing.If you died iin your sleep then it would be peaceful.I don't know if i'm right.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,226 times
It depends.... If you stabbed yourself... The blade would really hurt. If you got shot by a certain gun.... That would hurt. When you are asleep or awake and don't get shot or anything.... It wouldn't hurt. It would be very peaceful

Old 01-07-2013, 05:37 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
After having 2 major infections following surgery, someone realized I was unconscious and called an ambulance to take me back to the hospital. I was in sepsis from which only 25% survive. Had I died, it would have been peaceful. My hospital stay ended up being two months... the longest 2 months of my life, but, I was alive.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:09 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
I had never watched a human die before December 11, 2012 when my Dad passed. Dad fell down the stairs at home and was rushed to the ER by ambulance. In the ER he was alert and able to tell the staff what his name was and they determined that nothing could be done for the few broken bones he had but he was a fall risk and confined to bed. After a few days it was apparent that he couldn't eat so a tube was placed for feeding and in a day or two he was sent to rehab. We thought he could do this. They worked with him to get him walking and eating and it seemed he would be able to come home in a few months. We took him out a few times for doctor appointments but after 3 months it became apparent that Dad wasn't going to live through this. He continued to have a swallowing issue that was giving him pneumonia and sadly he was taken off solids and liquids but he was still getting nutrition through the tube. Bedridden and fighting pneumonia he seemed to lose the will to live overnight.

On the day that he died, I came into relieve Mom who had been with him all night arriving about 7:30am. We discussed what was happening and in 10 minutes she was on her way home for a NAP. Before she left his breathing was normal and relaxed but almost as soon as she walked out of the room and got to her car and halfway home, his breathing became more labored. I wasn't sure what I was witnessing so I ran to find the nurse who confirmed that the end was near. We called Mom and I got her just as she walked in the house. "Come back now" I remember telling her. He took a deep breath and it seemed he waited an unusually long time before letting each one go and then would gasp for air again and after about 5 mins. of this he was gone.

Mom told me later that she had told him that it was okay to leave us; that we'd be okay because he'd trained us well. I believe Dad spared Mom the pain of watching him die on purpose. But I wonder; I had planned to come back about 6 hours earlier, but I just couldn't make my body get up and go. I even reset my alarm for 2 hrs later but when it came to getting out of bed, I just couldn't do it and I wonder now if Dad was holding me back for a reason?

Does it hurt to die? While Dad's recovery was painful I don't think he was in pain when he took his last breath but that may have been from the morphine hiding it. When he passed he looked peaceful.

Last edited by myrc60; 01-08-2013 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: answer question

Old 01-08-2013, 08:32 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
I once saw a comment by a person who said "Drowning is not so bad -- I've done it". Meaning, of course, that she had drowned and lost consciousness, but was revived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness