Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 04:37 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
No excuses. I am 100% opposed to the flu shot and do not want toxic chemicals injected into me.
The OP wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibblesandbits View Post
They are making the flu shot mandatory. No excuses.
And then she wrote:
Quote:
I am 100% opposed to the flu shot and do not want toxic chemicals injected into me.
I don't see where the OP indicates that she would refuse to receive chemicals in a life or death situation.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:43 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
Employees do have rights, but I just see this vaccine as no different from other required vaccines of healthcare workers, like hepatitis, and I just don't feel all worked up about the dangers of the flu vaccine. But that's my opinion.

The thing that everyone keeps overlooking here, is that when it comes to flu immunizations, it must be done every year. The other vaccines, you get it once and your done and protected. With the flu shot, you're forced to take it each year, and you're NOT guaranteed to be protected from the flu.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:21 PM

350 posts, read 4,159,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post

Do you eat a preservative free diet? Chances are there are just as many harmful chemicals in your kitchen cabinets and fridge. Many of the preservatives, artificial flavors, colors, saccharine, ect, can be linked to bad things in some study or another.
I try to. I stay away from as many chemicals as I can. I only use organic cleaning products, I only use organic personal care products and I stay away from processed foods and try to only eat whole foods. I eat organic when possible and am vegetarian. I am all for preventative health care except when it comes to injecting toxic chemicals into my body, especially when there is no guarantee that the flu strain that is in the seasonal flu shot is a match for the seasonal flu this season.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:26 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
The OP wrote:

And then she wrote:

I don't see where the OP indicates that she would refuse to receive chemicals in a life or death situation.
The OP works in a hospital setting..

Using myself as an example, if she came contact with me and had the flu bug and passed it on to me it could KILL ME because of my health problems......

My daughter is an RN and works for a very large hospital system and they are being required to have the shots... She works with cancer patients and there is no way that she should be allowed to infect those patients and she knows it..

And the OP stated she did not want TOXIC chemicals injected into her body.. There's probably nothing more toxic that can be injected than chemo drugs.. The OP did not make a point that there was any difference in toxic from either.

There's been a lot of talk on this thread about suing her employer, well just let her infect someone in the hospital and they die and you will see one hell of a law suit...

Old 09-25-2009, 06:09 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,495,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
HIPAA. They cannot invade a person's privacy by making them prove their medical history.
So you are telling me that when a school ask for a medical or a vaccine report is a HIPAA violation, and when my employer asks for my vaccines or titers is a HIPAA violation?? come on, you dont show it you dont have a job that simple.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:19 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,495,064 times
Quote:
The thing that everyone keeps overlooking here, is that when it comes to flu immunizations, it must be done every year. The other vaccines, you get it once and your done and protected. With the flu shot, you're forced to take it each year, and you're NOT guaranteed to be protected from the flu.
Because the virus has a high mutation rate, meaning that each year it changes. Other virus don't.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:40 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Chemo isn't "preventative" medicine. It's a treatment. A flu shot is not given as treatment for an existing condition.
Chemo is TOXIC POISON and should only be taken as a last resort. NOT as an initial treatment as so many ignorant unsuspecting cancer patients are railroaded in to doing.

#1) Common Sense Rule--Do your research! ALWAYS QUESTION doctors who suggest any kind of treatment that would weaken your immune system (which you need most when afflicted with a chronic or degenerative disease). Remember. They are in business TO MAKE $$$$$$ above all else.

#2) If you have 6 months or more to live don't do chemo or radiation or surgery without trying safer more gentle and more effective and longer lasting natural treatments through doctors with many years experience using natural medicine.

# 3) If you have a slow growing cancer, unless you seek natural trreatments you are better off going untreated than doing any conventional treatment as more people die from conventional cancer treatments than the cancer itself.

To see an extensive report backing up these statements go to www.lef.org
Then do a search for "death by medicine"

Old 09-25-2009, 09:29 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
I'm a healthcare worker in NY, and am a bit confused about the rationale of having ALL healthcare workers immunized with the flu vaccine, particularly the short supplied swine flu vaccine.

For the seasonal flu, it almost seems like a waste of time as over 90% of the flu in the southern hemisphere their past flu season was swine. I thought those who died from swine flu was because of a too strong immune response, so why would we want to ramp up your immune system so high via a seasonal flu injection followed by a swine flu injection?

For the swine flu, it is so widepread that cases aren't being tracked anymore. Is it any less prevalent outside the hospital than inside the hospital? Maybe the vaccine should be injected to people taking the subway/bus as their close physical contact would spread the germ just as easily as inside a hospital?

Since we don't have enough swine flu vaccine for everybody, it seems a bit wasteful to have all healthcare workers be forced to get vaccinated. Of course, those workers in the ER, ICU, etc with close contact of patients would be smart to get immunized, but IT people, why? Wouldn't that vaccination be better used on a pregnant woman who is statistically more likely to have a bad reaction to swine flu, or given to someone between the ages of 15 to 35, also a group with higher morbidity rates with swine flu?

Its also strange that the NY law purposefully excludes nursing home employees from the mandate, why?

I think NY acted in fear not via critical thinking in some aspects of this law. I was always told healthcare workers should NOT get the mist as you got a live (weakened) virus that you could shed and spread to patients. Why the change now?

NY's mandatory vaccination law was developed when it was feared that swine would be a decimating virus, which hasn't been the case so far. It it were to mutate into something more virulent and deadly, would getting the vaccine even help?

Old 09-25-2009, 09:53 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
What can I do? They are making the flu shot mandatory. No excuses. I am 100% opposed to the flu shot and do not want toxic chemicals injected into me. Wearing masks for the entire flu season is not an option. It's either submit or be fired.

What can I do? I am losing sleep over this!
Toxic chemicals??? Come on

Old 09-25-2009, 10:00 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,135,803 times
tis really quite simple~ flu shot is mandatory for your line of work just like wearing a hardhat is mandarory for some other lines of work~ they cannot make you take the flu shot but they do have to power to not employ you if you do not follow prescribed safety procedures~ no hardhat no job
no flu shot no job~ if you are that ademant about not getting a flu shot start looking for employment in another line of work!!!

And yes~ I was very justified to fire for not wearing hardhat!!!

And backed by government~ also no unemployment~ he broke rules so firing was justified and mandatory!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness