Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What contraceptive methods are you confortable with?
I am a man and not a big fan of condoms 8 30.77%
I am a woman and not a big fan of barrier method e.g condoms, diaphragms and cervical caps. 5 19.23%
I am a man condoms is best way possible unless otherwise 4 15.38%
I am a woman barrier methods are the safest way possible 5 19.23%
I am a man hormonal contraceptive aren't safe for her unless otherwise 1 3.85%
I am a woman hormonal contraceptive methods are not safe, unless otherwise 3 11.54%
I am a man hormonal methods could ruin our sex lives 0 0%
I am a woman hormonal methods could ruin our sex lives 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 09:34 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
They're really drunk? hehee
Yeah, laws of human nature are obsolete for drunk chicks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 10:36 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
OP, if you and your girlfriend are in a committed relationship and you trust her to take her pill everyday, I'd say tell your girlfriend to go with the birth control pill on the lowest amount of estrogen possible. I use lutera. It works great and hasn't affect my sex drive at all (and the low dose of hormones won't make you want to kill yourself haha...ugh).
There's also the Patch, which she would leave on for three weeks, then take off for a week.

And then there's the NuvaRing, which she'd put in and leave there for three weeks, then take out for a week. The only caveat with the ring is that it can fall out. Imagine that on a dance floor.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:11 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times
Vasectomy.

It not only works great as a means of contraception, but I NEVER tell a woman that I am in a relationship with that I have one.

So when the call comes in and she says she is pregnant - I know that she was cheating on me.

Once and only once, I let a partner know that I would be there for the "baby" and take responsibility for it, etc etc and then when she was past the point of no return: abortion. I had my attorney serve her with the documentation that I was sterile and a letter from me. I have never known such fury and wrath before in my life. She was livid. Oh, well. If it walks like ****, looks like a ****, acts like a ****, and Fs like a ****. It's a ****.

She was a ****.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:47 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
They actually just announced the results of a 40 year study of 46 thousand patients at 1,400 practices showing those who have taken the pill, significantly lengthen their lives and lower the risk of serious disease, including some cancers.

I'm thinking about getting on the pill now.

Study: women who have taken the birth control pill face lower risk of death from cancer, heart disease - Wellness - TIME.com
My body can't hack the hormones. I tried a few times when I was having other issues. The pill & patch both made me ill. I refuse to use them.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:15 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Vasectomy.

It not only works great as a means of contraception, but I NEVER tell a woman that I am in a relationship with that I have one.

So when the call comes in and she says she is pregnant - I know that she was cheating on me.

Once and only once, I let a partner know that I would be there for the "baby" and take responsibility for it, etc etc and then when she was past the point of no return: abortion. I had my attorney serve her with the documentation that I was sterile and a letter from me. I have never known such fury and wrath before in my life. She was livid. Oh, well. If it walks like ****, looks like a ****, acts like a ****, and Fs like a ****. It's a ****.

She was a ****.
Sweet. That happened to a friend of mine, too. She totally got hers, though. She bought this weird cactus from Mexico, and one day it got bigger and bigger on one side. When it started pulsing and making this chittering noise, she got really scared and called 911. The police told her to get out the house, but it was too late ... the cactus exploded with millions of these rare and deadly spiders, and they ate her.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:38 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Just when I'm almost "there" I picture my ex wife and presto! Limp as a noodle and nothings going to happen! Perfect birth control!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-18-2010, 06:44 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
We have always used the pull out method, as I don't want to subject my body to anything and we both don't like condoms. I kept track of my fertile days too, so we were more careful around those times. The only times I got prego was when he DIDN'T pull out and it was on a fertile day. FYI, doctors will not give IUD's to women who have not had children yet, because it is more difficult and painful to insert.
That is absolutly not true. I know of women that have used the IUD recently and way back in 1970's that were young and single or married and didnt have children.

I could never go with the pull out. I've never known a guy I could trust in the heat of passion to pull out and Im too spontaneous to keep tractk of "my fertile days" and plan for sex. I cant even keep up with when my period is since I went off the pill.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:52 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
I had a friend years ago that was allergic to condoms, and she couldn't use the pill either. I wonder how many kids she has now. She was an intelligent woman though, so I'm betting she had took other measures to prevent more kids eventually.

I tried for years to have my son, and then my daughter was a surprise. I had my tubes tied because I was getting up in age (35), and to reduce risk of other wonderful surprises. My preferred method now is a good stable relationship where we've both been tested, otherwise CONDOMS!!

Old 03-18-2010, 08:05 AM

640 posts, read 1,732,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitev21 View Post
I was thinking about looking into a low dose hormone pill. What are, if any, side effects you have experienced?
I honestly haven't experienced any bad side effects and my sex drive is about the same. As far as gaining weight, I think as long as a girl watches what she eats and works out (which I do anyway), she should be fine. I don't think low dose hormone birth control makes you gain any weight actually.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:08 AM

640 posts, read 1,732,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
That is absolutly not true. I know of women that have used the IUD recently and way back in 1970's that were young and single or married and didnt have children.

I could never go with the pull out. I've never known a guy I could trust in the heat of passion to pull out and Im too spontaneous to keep tractk of "my fertile days" and plan for sex. I cant even keep up with when my period is since I went off the pill.
I think its changed since then. Many doctors nowadays are very evasive about putting IUDs in young women who have not had children. I've read it is due to the fact that if you get a STD or infection in there while having the IUD in, you can become sterile. They are probably worried about getting sued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness