Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2017, 12:08 AM

140 posts, read 88,836 times

Advertisements

First, Bergevin is almost certainly out. Second, they better hope Weber doesn't have a sudden decline. This team needs offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 11:52 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Disappointing end to what I felt was a promising season.

The Sens and Oilers will have to carry the Canuck hopes that Lord Stanley's mug will return to where it belongs.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:48 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
So while PK Subban and Nashville dispatch the Blackhawks with relative ease, his old team scores 11 goals in 6 games against the Rangers in a series loss, but taking out their 7 goals in the 2 wins, they managed only 4 in the 4 losses. If you listen closely enough, you can hear Subban laughing all the way from Nashville.

It was an incredibly stupid trade when it happen, and it's gotten worse as the season's gone on. The GM should be getting fired this summer.
I mean, are you sure that they lost that trade though? It might even be earlier in this same thread, where people were talking that the Habs won this trade. At least back in October they thought so!

At the end of June when it was made, they thought they got hosed. Then they had the start and Nashville was slow out of the gate and they thought they won it! Since then, they've jumped the fence back to the Team Subban side and it don't look like they're going back to the Team Weber side any time soon. Don't forget, they had a hot start to last season WITH Subban and then Price got injured and they had a meltdown. Even their goalie (Condon) looked like a legit Calder Trophy nominee for the two months of the season and then plummeted as the season went on.

I maintain Subban is the better player, whether the Habs won the cup this year with Weber and the Preds went out in round one with Subban or vice versa. It's like the Oilers fans who think they won the Hall/Larsson trade because Hall's new team stunk and his old team made the playoffs without him. In reality, Taylor Hall is a far superior player to Adam Larsson and I'm much happier with Hall than Larsson. The Devils would have stunk with Larsson this year just the same, and the Oilers would have still made the playoffs with Hall. Although I always did maintain that someone from the Edmonton core needs to be shipped out, since they were staying status quo with the same guys and never going anywhere, so I don't think Edmonton got hosed in the deal like it originally looked like they were.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
So while PK Subban and Nashville dispatch the Blackhawks with relative ease, his old team scores 11 goals in 6 games against the Rangers in a series loss, but taking out their 7 goals in the 2 wins, they managed only 4 in the 4 losses. If you listen closely enough, you can hear Subban laughing all the way from Nashville.

It was an incredibly stupid trade when it happen, and it's gotten worse as the season's gone on. The GM should be getting fired this summer.
I'll bet Subban is very happy the trade was made. i also think we'll soon see the end of Price as his contract is close to being up and he will be happy to go to another team Rather than stay with Montreal who seem to the team of perpetual also ran status.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:13 AM

I cant see any notable changes in this team to bring it to any level above mediocre for the 17/18 season.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:40 AM

Old 10-27-2017, 09:51 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Jesus! They already have a negative 20 goal difference . Only the Coyotes, who have yet to record a win and only have a single point on the season have a worse goal differential........and they are only at negative 21

Old 10-30-2017, 08:05 AM

17,210 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Jesus! They already have a negative 20 goal difference . Only the Coyotes, who have yet to record a win and only have a single point on the season have a worse goal differential........and they are only at negative 21
And they struggled to beat the Rangers... Price is looking lazy and the defense is atrocious. Most of the goals were lucky. Absolute trash.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:36 AM

Last night's thumping of Ottawa should help get the ship righted. I hope.

A shutout or two from Price in the next couple of weeks would help a lot too.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:41 AM

Habs need more than an occasional win to turn this hapless team around. They've been useless for a generation and i dont see much that will change their course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey