Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 10:20 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,484,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
^ how about I had a "vision" at work today....
Sometimes it's just the small things that make us happy. I had one of those moments a couple of weeks ago. I was looking at a piece of stained glass on my back patio and thinking...I sure wish I could position that so some sunlight would come through it.

There was no way except for hanging it where I would have to take it down every time we had high winds. Then...ding...I remembered some can lights that I had stored. I used to have a lot of can lights for uplighting on large plants in my sunroom. When I re-arranged furniture, I took out some of them because it was impossible to hide the cords, which I hate.

I just put a can light behind the stained glass. It works great for some low light when I want to go out there in my robe. I call it ambiance lighting .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 12:10 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
Sometimes it's just the small things that make us happy. I had one of those moments a couple of weeks ago. I was looking at a piece of stained glass on my back patio and thinking...I sure wish I could position that so some sunlight would come through it.

There was no way except for hanging it where I would have to take it down every time we had high winds. Then...ding...I remembered some can lights that I had stored. I used to have a lot of can lights for uplighting on large plants in my sunroom. When I re-arranged furniture, I took out some of them because it was impossible to hide the cords, which I hate.

I just put a can light behind the stained glass. It works great for some low light when I want to go out there in my robe. I call it ambiance lighting .

Beautiful.

I wish that this house had some stained glass like other houses of the era but it didn't and there really is no place to put one in-unless I decided to changed the etched glass in the front door with stained glass-which is a possibility.

Cat

Old 05-03-2017, 12:22 PM

So, today I started putting back all the stuff that was in the pantry. I didn't finish but there is going to be a lot more room because I started chucking food that had been in there FOREVER! There was stuff which had dates of 2005 on it. So far, there were two bags full of the stuff I am tossing. The "chef" came by and I showed him the bags. He looked in and said, "This is still good." OY! That is why we had so much in there in the first place. I told him that it had been in there for so long and he wasn't going to use it anytime soon and it will stay in there forever. He said, "ok" and walked away.

Cat

Old 05-04-2017, 09:29 AM

18,473 posts, read 31,648,692 times
Quote:

love it, it looks so pretty, I am also partial to brick walls as well

Old 05-04-2017, 09:31 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
On Saturday we are rearranging furniture, moving some things out to go to donate, moving other things in that were in before and we hope this is the last time we arrange our furniture.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:54 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Still working on our outside living area. We bought a sofa today for the patio - that took more research than you'd think. We also bought an outdoor rug, and some outdoor throw pillows and another swivel umbrella. We're on a tear!

Old 05-04-2017, 08:54 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
I haven't been doing any household anything lately. But I still come in here to check up on the rest of you!

Not that there's stuff I don't want to do but when the weather is nice, I want to be outside and I'm just lazy these days.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Then you can do like I do when I organize a closet or pantry - just go in the room, open the door, and just look at it from time to time feeling good.

I thought about you the last couple of days because I found myself doing just that. lol.

I told you about all the old food that I tossed. I had 3 grocery bags full of stuff to be chucked. I figured the cleaning lady would take care of it but to my surprise, my husband did. And when I looked in the pantry, an item that I tossed was back in there. lol. I give him credit-not only throwing away all those bags but only retrieving ONE item from them. I guess I can throw it away the next time I reorganize it. lol.

Cat

Old 05-06-2017, 06:03 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:

That looks nice. I love low lighting and the coziness it brings. I have a stained glass panel in an opening between the kitchen and living room. When the light over the kitchen table is on, it illuminates the stained glass. I wish I could claim to have planned it, but it's just a happy accident.

Sort of hard to get a good picture in the daytime.

Last edited by gentlearts; 12-24-2020 at 07:07 AM..

Old 05-07-2017, 08:59 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Hubby is chipping away at a backyard fence. Right now, there is a patchwork of fencing around our back yard. The most attractive version goes across half the back. He is copying this fence, and continuing it to cover the stretch of white vinyl fence that goes across the other half. Eventually we'll go around the corner and replace our own fence on the side with the same thing. It could take months or years to finish, but he always likes to have a project going.

The first section took awhile to make templates and work the bugs out, so the next few sections should go faster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating