Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2017, 11:43 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,830,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidaldream View Post
We are having Velux sun tunnels installed as I type.
Have one in the north side bathroom and love it. On bright moonlit nights it doubles as a nightlight, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 04:22 PM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Today, I worked on taking up my wood floor in the bathroom. I laid a wood floor 25 years ago, but I did have some forethought. There were ceramic tiles already, some cracked and ugly. I laid with two way tape particle board first and then glued the wood slats in a diagnol pattern. It looked really nice, but I did it this way because I thought, if ever I deceide to remove it, i can pry it up, which I did. It wasnt too hard of a job, messy, but not hard.

Glad I was smart enough to think that someday it will come up....(because taste does change)......

Unfortunetely a few more tiles were cracked. But hopefully this will give me the push to have the bathroom done properly, with a new ceramic tile floor.

After seeing KA's gorgeous bathroom transformation,(was my inspiration), mine needs it, it is time for an update. It is time. Im gearing for the fall, dont see it as happening now, hey, but you never know.........

This is the first step in my mini bathroom makeover.

After that cleanup, I took a 4 hour nap....it was a nice sunny breezy day here in Brooklyn.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:25 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Today, I worked on taking up my wood floor in the bathroom. I laid a wood floor 25 years ago, but I did have some forethought. There were ceramic tiles already, some cracked and ugly. I laid with two way tape particle board first and then glued the wood slats in a diagnol pattern. It looked really nice, but I did it this way because I thought, if ever I deceide to remove it, i can pry it up, which I did. It wasnt too hard of a job, messy, but not hard.

Glad I was smart enough to think that someday it will come up....(because taste does change)......

Unfortunetely a few more tiles were cracked. But hopefully this will give me the push to have the bathroom done properly, with a new ceramic tile floor.

After seeing KA's gorgeous bathroom transformation,(was my inspiration), mine needs it, it is time for an update. It is time. Im gearing for the fall, dont see it as happening now, hey, but you never know.........

This is the first step in my mini bathroom makeover.

After that cleanup, I took a 4 hour nap....it was a nice sunny breezy day here in Brooklyn.
SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. All of it. But of course, especially the bathroom part - LOL.

We are under a tornado warning right now and with four tornadoes on the ground over the past two or three hours - multiple casualties but it's all about 20 miles up the road from me. Still - a nice sunny breezy day we most definitely did NOT have today. Right now the air is very hot, humid, still and oppressive outside. Just now hearing some sirens and seeing some lightning.

What is wrong with me? I don't know why I love severe weather but I most certainly do.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:43 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,648,319 times
PUrchased 150 landscaping pavers for a sitting area in my back yard. Put the two stone high flower bed all along the side of the house. Gravel in sitting area, now sand and tamping it down and putting the paver border in. Then fill in with constrasting pavers. Never ends.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:45 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. All of it. But of course, especially the bathroom part - LOL.

We are under a tornado warning right now and with four tornadoes on the ground over the past two or three hours - multiple casualties but it's all about 20 miles up the road from me. Still - a nice sunny breezy day we most definitely did NOT have today. Right now the air is very hot, humid, still and oppressive outside. Just now hearing some sirens and seeing some lightning.

What is wrong with me? I don't know why I love severe weather but I most certainly do.

Oh no! Please stay safe. I am VERY afraid of tornadoes. My nightmares ALWAYS have tornadoes in them.

Cat

Old 04-29-2017, 07:45 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,648,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

I love it too. Be safe. In Fort Worth. Very cold and windy, no severe weather yet.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:16 PM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
yikes !! tornadoes are scary, lightning, however, really is fun to watch.

your not alone, if that is any comfort to you....

I have 2 concrete pedestal planters in the courtyard that I plant geraniums and this spike green thing in the middle, with those green and white ivy that everyone uses.
The dead ones from last summer are still there, (so tomorrow I should go down and clean them out for spring planting) and now I saw from my kitchen window a black and white cat that thinks its his bed...ugh !!!!!

im thinking mini rosebushes? would they grow in a planter? or does it have to be a dirt garden?? and they will come back every year....

I do like the idea of thorns..........for some reason.........lololololol

Old 04-29-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Oh no! Please stay safe. I am VERY afraid of tornadoes. My nightmares ALWAYS have tornadoes in them.

Cat
Wow, 34 injuries so far at local hospitals and at least one death, but I think it's passed now. All we got was a lot of rain and thunder and lightning.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I love it too. Be safe. In Fort Worth. Very cold and windy, no severe weather yet.
A friend of mine who lives in Fort Worth just called me to check on me and she said it's VERY cold in Fort Worth! Wow.

Lots of damage around me but not within about 15 miles of me from what I can tell. Seems to be passing.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:05 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
When we had the house painted before we moved in a few years ago, they forgot the inside of the built-in pantry. Since we have been using it, the paint that was in there has been flaking off-BIG TIME! It has gotten to the point where I just can't stand it anymore. So, we called our painter's helper. We didn't want to call our painter because he just recently lost his daughter and we didn't want to intrude on his grieving. When we called the helper, he said to call the painter. So, we did. But, the painter said that the helper could do it. OY VEY! lol. So, the painter said that the helper could start this morning. So, this morning we pulled EVERYTHING out of the pantry and waited and waited and waited. Then Hubby called the helper who didn't get the message about starting today and thought he was going to start tomorrow. OK. Meanwhile, we have everything from the pantry all over the place. The walls in the pantry are cracked and could be repaired before it is painted. I am a bit upset that it wasn't done BEFORE we moved in but hopefully, it won't take too long to get the job done.

In the meanwhile, we have no idea when our contractor is going to start the downstairs bathroom. Hopefully, this week.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating