Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2020, 12:08 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times

Advertisements

I pressure washed the whole walkway to my house Saturday and the inside screened lanai. Doesn't sound like much but there are 35 individual pavers, each measuring 24"x24". Then I weeded most of the flower bed and deadheaded the flowers. It was backbreaking work and I hope it doesn't have to be done again for another year.

I still have to pressure wash the back lanai which has been sadly neglected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 06:51 AM

3,798 posts, read 2,328,680 times
Replaced the front door yesterday. The 32" wide front door had been a real PITA to get things in and out of. Larger sofas were damaged getting in, even with the door disassembled. And we had to take the new fridge apart to get it in even with the door removed. So it was past time to get a new 36" wide front door. after removing the old one, it turns out that the original door in this 1932 house was only 30" wide. I can't imaging what it would be like now to deal with a 30" wide door with modern appliances and furniture...

Installing a new door in a house that's decidedly not square and not level is interesting to say the least. Took a lot of shimming and fiddling to get it to sit right, but it opens and shuts smoothly now.

Anyhow, it's in now and I have to finish the interior trim and remove the caulk from where the old outside trim was. I love how much light it lets in, too.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-fdoor001.jpg   What are you working on now?-fdoor005.jpg  

Old 07-22-2020, 08:17 AM

13,057 posts, read 18,133,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
Replaced the front door yesterday. The 32" wide front door had been a real PITA to get things in and out of. Larger sofas were damaged getting in, even with the door disassembled. And we had to take the new fridge apart to get it in even with the door removed. So it was past time to get a new 36" wide front door. after removing the old one, it turns out that the original door in this 1932 house was only 30" wide. I can't imaging what it would be like now to deal with a 30" wide door with modern appliances and furniture...

Installing a new door in a house that's decidedly not square and not level is interesting to say the least. Took a lot of shimming and fiddling to get it to sit right, but it opens and shuts smoothly now.

Anyhow, it's in now and I have to finish the interior trim and remove the caulk from where the old outside trim was. I love how much light it lets in, too.
Unless you want a bunch of nuts mailing you. You might want to repost the pictures and crop your address out.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:05 AM

50,387 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Quote:

That looks great!

Old 07-22-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Unless you want a bunch of nuts mailing you. You might want to repost the pictures and crop your address out.

My address is easy to find on the web just using my username (as it matches my business name and is also on the web. In MANY places, from HomeAdvisor to my own website). I have not found it to be a problem in the last couple decades of using the internet.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:43 AM

13,057 posts, read 18,133,701 times
Quote:
My address is easy to find on the web just using my username (as it matches my business name and is also on the web. In MANY places, from HomeAdvisor to my own website). I have not found it to be a problem in the last couple decades of using the internet.
Ok. there are posters that are not aware of people using this type info, just thought I would mention.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Ok. there are posters that are not aware of people using this type info, just thought I would mention.

Oh, I know, and thanks for looking out. But it's just not something I've ever been afraid of. There are real things to be afraid of in this world.

Old 07-22-2020, 12:04 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,133,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
That looks great!
Yes, the door looks perfect!

Old 07-22-2020, 02:09 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
my husbands bathroom he needs to lay flooring and re place the vanity and that is it . It will be done and they we have to do mine which is the same flooring and replace the vanity . that will maybe take 2-4 weekends to finish .

Old 07-25-2020, 02:22 PM

50,387 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Hubby is giving the wonky little potting table a much needed facelift.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-88d3965c-df22-46ed-9597-f9a18a7aaff2.jpeg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating