Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 11:00 PM

22,667 posts, read 24,635,434 times

Advertisements

Yeah, they seem like very decent guys......but the format makes these shows a little too slow for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 11:05 PM

97 posts, read 119,012 times
I just like watching the last 5 minutes when they show the before and after.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:07 PM

5,864 posts, read 3,305,641 times
The best is they having bidding wars for these garbage properties. It is comical. Also most of the properties they go over asking. Hysterical.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:40 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,799,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I agree, Property Brothers is the best thing on HGTV.

On the other hand, I have a physical negative reaction when LIOLI comes on my t.v. Those hosts bug me so much.

I really miss Property Virgin! I LOVE that show!

Property Virgins is still on, I watched it for several hours Tuesday morning.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:05 AM

17,351 posts, read 11,312,371 times
The thing that bugs me the most about that show and most of the other home shows is that they always seem to do the same thing. They take a beautiful old house that needs some TLC and start knocking down walls, taking out claw foot bathtubs and very cool old fixtures and remodel it to look like it was just built. If you want a house that looks new, than buy a new house! I can't tell you how many times I sat cringing, watching while they ruined a beautiful old house. Open floor plans are not for everyone and even may be a passing fad, yet that's really all they do. It's the same thing with the kitchens. Beautiful old cabinets that need some refinishing are torn out and beautiful classic tile countertops and back splashes are demolished. They've even torn out lovely old hard wood floor and replaced them with laminate, LOL. What a pity.
One of the shows I will watch is Rehab Addict because it seems she at least tries to keep the old houses as original as possible.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:26 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,618,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Great show, the two guys are funny. I wish I had an eye for decorations/layouts like they do.

I need to get them to help me out with my house with their killer ipad software. It seems like they know exactly what layout to put for each house.

I prefer this show to house hunters (unrealistic home buyers haha)
Agreed! They're awesome...

I also like that the refer to themselves with "Mr". It's nice to see polite gentleman on TV! Unlike that crazy from DYI Josh Temple! He's so loud and obnoxious!

Old 11-05-2015, 06:19 AM

15,804 posts, read 20,554,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
The best is they having bidding wars for these garbage properties. It is comical. Also most of the properties they go over asking. Hysterical.

I watched an episode where two men had a budget of $600K max, and eliminated a home that was $620K for being too much.

They chose to buy a home for $500K.....got in a bidding war and ended up paying $630K!! Then they somehow found $90K more for remodeling.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:53 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,873,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire in MB View Post
I have said this before and I will say it again - I'm tired of seeing people wrestle with old toilets and tear down walls. I wish there were more shows on decorating, how to layout furniture, how to mix styles, decide color palates etc.
I do too.

I wish there were some shows where they would take, say a living room and decorate the same space with different options.

Not sure how you could work in the drama, but I bet the Property Brothers could figure it out.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:59 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,366,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backintheville2 View Post
Property Virgins is still on, I watched it for several hours Tuesday morning.
New episodes? I don't know I don't have cable but I catch stuff here and there.

I like Property Virgins because they had houses I could actually afford on there, unlike pretty much every other show.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:24 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,382,764 times
Default Every house show takes out a wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I like the Property Brothers, too but you see one show, you have seen them all. What really gets me is that at the beginning of the show, they always show the people a house they can't afford and they are always surprised at that. Don't they ever watch the show to know they are going to be shown a house they can't afford? I'm waiting for someone to say, "Oh, is this the time you show us something we can't afford?"

And they ALWAYS have to take out a wall somewhere in the house.

Cat
It must be for the drama, that wall removal thang. What I do, especially when working with other trades, is cut the seam line with an Olfa knife, score the drywall screws with the knife, back off the screws with the drill, and NO DUST AND no drama. Clean, dust free, and safe.

They'd find me really boring on TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House