Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 12:21 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,452,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
I like most of what the Property Brothers come up with for design and decoration.... but I absolutely LOVE JoAnna Gaines' style...... one of these days if I ever make it back home to Texas.......

JoAnna Gaines needs to make some new shows, she is always reruns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 12:42 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,036,660 times
I think they started new ones this past Tuesday or WILL start new ones this coming Tuesday.....

Old 11-06-2015, 06:50 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,847,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
It's really sad when people read things on the internet and assume they are true. Those boys have worked their butts off to get where they are at and not as actors. SMH
Am I supposed to believe this because I read it on the internet?

If the one guy is such an expert at construction how come he is surprised to find a bearing wall in every episode?

Old 11-07-2015, 07:02 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,038,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Am I supposed to believe this because I read it on the internet?

If the one guy is such an expert at construction how come he is surprised to find a bearing wall in every episode?
Because it adds drama to the show.

Just like the people who look at the floor and walls torn out and freak out over it. "That's not what we discussed at all! This is a nightmare! They destroyed my house!" etc..

Most everybody understands that houses require construction, right? So then why else would someone lose their mind at seeing it in the middle of a remodel?

And not to get sidetracked, but its just like on Flip or Flop when they go in together with "Uncle Pete." They go way over budget, then the house doesn't sell for "X" amount of time. It never fails though... "I want my money Tarek!"

Please... he's a businessman and he knows good and well that the house will sell eventually. I'm also willing to bet he was aware of what they spent on the rehab. Of course that would make for a boring show though, so there you have it.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:47 AM

840 posts, read 1,121,449 times
I like the shows a lot. But, after a while I have to take a break from watching.

I'll bet there is some acting going on though. It's hard to believe the couples don't realize the house they are looking at that perfectly fits their needs is not in their budget. It's called ACTING.

When they come across a problem during reno, it's acting. I find it hard to believe they don't know anything is wrong with the house before they buy it or at least before they start the renovations. They have to have some tension and drama to make it interesting.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:34 AM

914 posts, read 1,138,839 times
Quote:
I like most of what the Property Brothers come up with for design and decoration.... but I absolutely LOVE JoAnna Gaines' style...... one of these days if I ever make it back home to Texas.......
Every single home she does is French country chic. It's nice, but I wish she would find other homeowners with more modern or eclectic taste. Does everyone in Texas have the same exact interior decorating taste? She did only one show with more modern touches, and it was beautiful, so I know she's capable.

As for the Property Brothers, so staged. They have everyone else doing the work and design for them. Jonathan is lucky he looks sexy in that tool belt, lol.

Old 11-10-2015, 07:40 AM

1,185 posts, read 805,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
You must live in a ritzy area. I've never seen drywall put up with screws in my area, always nails.
Always seen drywall put up with drywall screws. Didn't not you can actually use nails. I have seen liquid nail being used and that prevents the use of too many screws (more to mud and sand) but not actual nails.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:41 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,875,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
JoAnna Gaines needs to make some new shows, she is always reruns
Quote:
I think they started new ones this past Tuesday or WILL start new ones this coming Tuesday.....
New season starts Dec 1. They only work on a few homes each year. With raising their family, they are content to just do a few episodes each season. I think they are one of the best shows too.

I think the Property Brothers are starting a new series soon, so they have like 5 different shows now?

Old 11-10-2015, 05:16 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,443,939 times
Quote:
You must live in a ritzy area. I've never seen drywall put up with screws in my area, always nails.

And that's why walls have nail pops after a few years.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:20 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,847,323 times
Quote:
When? Screws have been used for at least thirty years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House