Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 07:00 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,450,187 times

Advertisements

I have a four-car detached garage but you can actually fit in up to 6 cars with the right placement of each vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
How many cars will actually fit in your garage?-dsc_7731.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 07:14 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
2 car garage, currently holds 2 cars (also 5 bicycles, a few boxes, a number of shelves, some wood and light bulbs and storm windows, etc). I could fit 3 in if I cleared out all the stuff, but it would be very difficult to get the third car in or out since it would have to be sideways in front of the other two.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:49 PM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
I have a four-car detached garage but you can actually fit in up to 6 cars with the right placement of each vehicle.
That is an awesome garage!

Old 09-14-2016, 10:20 PM

12,847 posts, read 9,055,079 times
Our is theoretically a two car garage. Right now it has my shop and the canoe in it, but even if it didn't we couldn't actually put two cars inside, unless they were both small sub compacts. It's just not long enough for even a mid size. Looks like when the builder built our neighborhood, they house was designed to have the garage door on the front. But he put the door on the side and didn't adjust the size of the garage to accommodate the side entry. Had the door been on the front it would have accommodated two cars.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:58 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Inspired by Would you consider buying a home that doesn't have a garage? I pose the following question:

How many cars will actually fit in your garage?

Please tell us the number of cars that are supposed to fit in your garage, (ie: it's a 2-car garage) and how many cars will actually fit into your garage under the configuration it is today!

I suspect that many of you will state that you can get less than the number of cars you're supposed to due to CLUTTER!
There's room for no cars in my garage. I have boats, bicycles and exercise equipment there. But I remember years ago, when my parents had bought a new Buick. They hadn't bothered to measure the garage and the car and when they tried to get it inside, it was 4 inches too long. My dad actually had tools in hand and was going to knock out the back wall, separating a storage room, before my mother was able to stop him. The next day, the dealer made a bargain to trade it for a new Chevrolet, which fit inside. That year's Buick was one of the ugliest cars ever made, while the Chev was one of the best-looking and became an enduring classic.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:24 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
2 car attached garage that easily fits any autos or pickups made, for our F150 pickup, and Ford Explorer SUV. Used for 2 cars, with shelving and bench on the sides to hold tools, etc. Size 30 ft long and 18 foot wide and separate doors for each car with remote control. We also have a pole barn, where we store other things and sometimes a car. There is a stables for 2 horses on one side of the barn, and we use one of them to store our tractor with mower and other equipment. One stable just has some more or less junk.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:49 AM

1,846 posts, read 3,940,305 times
Two. I only have one, though.

Almost no clutter, and the garage is oversized with shelves, cabinets, a big workbench, and an extra storage room or two, so clutter would not be an issue if I wanted to park a second car in there.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:51 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
2 car garage. It can hold 0 cars. We keep saying we'll have a garage sale someday

Old 09-15-2016, 10:04 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Two car garage with two cars in it. When my LH and I bought our first house, we agreed the garage was for the cars and have always stuck to it.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:05 AM

308 posts, read 499,202 times
I have a 3 car garage, and have 4 cars. Currently have my full size crew cab truck and my weekend toy on one side. The 3rd bay is my "shop" side. It has big air compressor, tools, welder, engine hoist, extra sets of wheels/tires, car parts, lawn mower, etc. I plan to build a shed in the back yard to put my lawn equipment. I do admit that I probably have some "junk" that I can toss. After that, I am sure I can rearrange my tools and stuff to fit a 3rd car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House