Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2017, 11:46 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,269,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
I will repeat the question for the 3rd time: how is the drone going to capture the image of a concealed shooter? Does the drone have Xray or MRI capabilities?
You need line of sight to shoot it, right? Neither your vision nor your bullet is going to pass through a wall on the way to the drone. If you can see it, it can see you.

Although it may take a very close examination of the video to spot you in your camouflage fatigues and face paint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 11:47 AM

4,321 posts, read 4,219,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
And you think that destroys the real time data? Lolololol?
You didn't answer my question -- if I shoot the drone, chances are either the bullet or fall impact will destroy the electronic board, no?

So, electronically speaking - how is the camera transmitting real-time video into the console if the circuit is fried? You mean to say that electronics on this $ 1,000 POS drone can withstand a bullet thru it, or a fall from 50 feet e.g.?

Quote:
Except they already have arrested people in multiple states for destroying or shooting at drones.
One Dad Was Arrested for Shooting Down Spying Drone.
Spying drone? You mean an official LEO drone? And you are equating it with shooting down a hobby drone that Yahoo down the block owns? Is this a joke?

Quote:
So if you park in your friends neighbors driveway, by accident instead of theirs one day. The people who live their can destroy your car right? Just firebomb the bejeezuz out of it and roll its remains back out into the street. I mean it was on their property, cars are certainly more of a threat to life than a drone, and they didn't get any personal gain right? Sounds reasonable to you doesn't it?
Everytime I talk about apples, you shift the argument to cucumbers. My car is not getting up, snooping at neighbor's window and transmitting me a live video feed. More importantly, my car is not about to fall on my neighbor's head.

It's very hard to debate when you keep making these dissonant analogies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Why is it important that anyone do anything that they enjoy doing?
Quote:
Why do people ride their bikes or go for walks in their neighborhood? He's flying the drone because he likes to, and does it where he lives because it's more convenient than packing it in the car and driving somewhere.
Again, are you serious? We all have hobbies. My hobbies -- hiking, kayaking, cycling, beach volleyball, basketball, football, soccer, -- none of these hobbies involve a 10 lb object flying at 70 mph over people's heads, and transmitting live video of people's backyards while doing so.

This thing is a rocket. There is a place and time to enjoy your hobby -- drones -- but you have to be an idiot to take a chance with your POS $ 1,000 Amazon drone, fly it over people or objects, that god forbid you hit them by accident -- you are in huge legal trouble.

I can think of none of my hobbies that accomplishes that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Thanks for posting safety guidelines about operating over groups of people and thanks for posting the policy of the Model Aircraft Association, which is, of course, a club, not a regulatory entity.

It is good food for thought, but these are not laws, they're good ideas, and we do avoid flying over large groups of people..
Large? FAA rule does not say large -- it says simple "group" of people. You come across as stretching the truth to support your biased argument. Besides, do you really need FAA to tell you to not fly your drone over somebody's kid or property?

You couldn't pay my a million dollars to take that risk. What happens if there is a malfunction and my 10 lbs drone flying at 70 mph hits somebody, God forbid?

Again, these hobbiests are not licensed, drones are of unknown condition, 6 weeks ago a lower court in DC ruled that FAA's rules to even register the drone are illegal.

That's why if you fly them over my backyard I consider them a life safety danger and will shoot them down in self-defense.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
You need line of sight to shoot it, right? Neither your vision nor your bullet is going to pass through a wall on the way to the drone. If you can see it, it can see you.

Although it may take a very close examination of the video to spot you in your camouflage fatigues and face paint.
Other posts herein show that these drones can't see very well. You say, they will spot the 3/8" diameter business end of a loaded barrel. Which one is it?

Old 07-06-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Again, are you serious? We all have hobbies. My hobbies -- hiking, kayaking, cycling, beach volleyball, basketball, football, soccer, -- none of these hobbies involve a 10 lb object flying at 70 mph over people's heads, and transmitting live video of people's backyards while doing so.

This thing is a rocket. There is a place and time to enjoy your hobby -- drones -- but you have to be an idiot to take a chance with your POS $ 1,000 Amazon drone, fly it over people or objects, that god forbid you hit them by accident -- you are in huge legal trouble.

I can think of none of my hobbies that accomplishes that.

Large? FAA rule does not say large -- it says simple "group" of people. You come across as stretching the truth to support your biased argument. Besides, do you really need FAA to tell you to not fly your drone over somebody's kid or property?

You couldn't pay my a million dollars to take that risk. What happens if there is a malfunction and my 10 lbs drone flying at 70 mph hits somebody, God forbid?

Again, these hobbiests are not licensed, drones are of unknown condition, 6 weeks ago a lower court in DC ruled that FAA's rules to even register the drone are illegal.

That's why if you fly them over my backyard I consider them a life safety danger and will shoot them down in self-defense.
Oh so you get to define what hobbies are ok and what aren't?

You're something. You're seriously worried about the risks of a drone crashing yet intend to deliberately cause it to crash? And complete disregard of the risk of firing a gun into the air of a populated area?

At least you've learned a few things from this thread, having moved from questioning how anyone would get video evidence off the hard-drive of the crashed drone that you destroyed to recognizing that drones transmit live video.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Oh so you get to define what hobbies are ok and what aren't?
When it comes to protecting my life and property -- absolutely I get to decide. You think I would want you to decide?

Old 07-06-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Other posts herein show that these drones can't see very well. You say, they will spot the 3/8" diameter business end of a loaded barrel. Which one is it?
Your gun doesn't emit a flash when fired?

And a drone flying at 70mph? Seriously?

Old 07-06-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
You didn't answer my question -- if I shoot the drone, chances are either the bullet or fall impact will destroy the electronic board, no?

So, electronically speaking - how is the camera transmitting real-time video into the console if the circuit is fried? You mean to say that electronics on this $ 1,000 POS drone can withstand a bullet thru it, or a fall from 50 feet e.g.?
Oh, you're not just going to hit the drone you're going to hit a thumbnail-sized circuit board on a 24" diameter drone? What a sharpshooter you must be. Or are you firing 20-second bursts of automatic weapons? And even if you do hit it, all the video up to the point of bullet impact has already been transmitted.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Your gun doesn't emit a flash when fired?
How much is a flash suppressor? 15 dollars?

Quote:
And a drone flying at 70mph? Seriously?
115 mph racer...

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2<\/title><path d="M10,3.5l3-3,3,3Z" style="fill:%23fff;stroke:%23fff"/><path d="M0,3.5H10l3-3,3,3H26" style="fill:none;stroke:%231b3a4d"/><\/svg>')}.f_branding_on.blog-group-deadspin .editor-inner.post-content .pu

Old 07-06-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Maybe your time is free. Mine is very expensive.
In that case, you've sure invested a lot in this thread.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Oh, you're not just going to hit the drone you're going to hit a thumbnail-sized circuit board on a 24" diameter drone? What a sharpshooter you must be. Or are you firing 20-second bursts of automatic weapons? And even if you do hit it, all the video up to the point of bullet impact has already been transmitted.
Oh, I bet you that a POS $ 1000 Amazon drone will be circuit-dead even before I pull the trigger.

Like I said -- I will take my chances on myself safely shooting down the stupid drone on my backyard. Rather than rely on the Yahoo down the block properly maintaining the thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House