Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 03:09 PM

149 posts, read 830,831 times

Advertisements

We want to buy a water dispenser to make life easier. But when we look for water delivery service, it seems all water delivery company they delivery minium 4 bottle of water per month, we don't need so much drinking water for 2 people.

So anybody knows any water delivery company can have flexible plan allows us to order water when we finish the old bottle? Or is there other solutions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 04:48 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,377,399 times
You can buy it at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. That is what my parents do. I bought my parents their cooler a few years ago and tried to get the water delivered but they would only drop the water at the front door. I wanted the delivery to include replacing the old water bottle with the new but I couldn't find anyone to do that.

Also, I believe you initially pay for the bottle but get a deposit back when you return it. You can even pay for 2 and return 1 when you may be in the area and get another for the back up. That way you will never run out.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:58 PM

733 posts, read 4,653,271 times
Why not buy a water filter for your kitchen sink, or a "filter pitcher," or some other equivalent? After the initial epense all you have to do is buy a replacement filter now and then.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:08 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,772,406 times
We have one, but we also have an R/O filter in the scullery so we just refill the big bottle in the kitchen and then take it upstairs to the dispenser. Many grocery stores have machines that refill the bottles.

For the same price that you woudl pay for one of the servies, you can probably hire someone to go buy new bottles and put them in your dispenser.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:05 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,100,610 times
I have a RO unit on my kitchen sink. cost about $1,500 to have installed and as a single person, I pay to have the 3 filters replaced every 2 years at a cost of about $120. The convenience/ease of it all is worth it to me as our water here on the desert is very alkalai.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:42 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,164,114 times
It's a lot more convenient to install a water filter at the sink, not necessarily an RO system (too bulky and wastes a lot of water), but a set of filters such as ones made by GE and others and sold at Lowe's and Home Depot. You can also buy the same through Amazon. The $40.00 filters used on the GE unit I installed under the sink are expensive, but last at least six months.

This unit is similar to the GE one I have, except that it uses three filters and is made by Watts:
http://www.amazon.com/Watts-Premier-...9532846&sr=1-1

Old 02-17-2012, 07:50 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,010 times
A few years ago we had a water cooler and the company delivered two 5 gallon bottles a month, the deposit is high on the bottles, I paid $10 each and the water was $6.50 each.

If you are in the city I think you should be able to find a company to deliver, they will NOT bring it in the house unless you buy a lot of it, remember that guy has a lot of stops to make during a shift.

Modern coolers and bottles have valves on them so you don't have to worry about spilling the water all over, the bottles are about 45lbs each.

You can buy them at many stores if you don't go with delivery.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:10 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
It's a lot more convenient to install a water filter at the sink, not necessarily an RO system (too bulky and wastes a lot of water), but a set of filters such as ones made by GE and others and sold at Lowe's and Home Depot. You can also buy the same through Amazon. The $40.00 filters used on the GE unit I installed under the sink are expensive, but last at least six months.

This unit is similar to the GE one I have, except that it uses three filters and is made by Watts:
http://www.amazon.com/Watts-Premier-...9532846&sr=1-1
Watts makes a RO system that doesn't waste any water at all. I've been using mine for three years now without any problems- it uses standard filters that you can get on amazon or eBay at about $40 per year (2 sets). The system only costs about $300, and is very easy to install. Just a length of hose, and you can refill your own cooler bottles with perfect water.

Costco - Premier Zero Waste Reverse Osmosis System

Fwiw, you can buy 2.5 gallon bottles that fit those coolers which makes it much easier to swap bottles, and you can even get caps with a "check ball" that makes it impossible to spill water when changing bottles.

There's no reason to pay $30-$50 per month for bottled water if you don't want to.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:06 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,138,288 times
We have well water and I refuse to drink it. I looked into having the water delivered because buying it is a royal PITA. Unfortunately, the companies in my area require you to pay for 2 months of water in advance. At almost 200 hundred dollars, plus other fees we opted to keeping buying it ourselves at Lowe's.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:27 PM

6 posts, read 15,455 times
You can get water bottles for your dispenser at places like lowes and home depot but I know there are delivery services that bring as little as two per month as well, but not sure about how they are. I just got a bottle water dispenser myself and love it. For now I buy my water at the home depot but it is just up the street from my home. Also wanted to share where I bought the water dispenser cause they were amazing to work with had a problem with the first one and they sent another no questions asked. I got the water dispenser here at Water Dispenser | Water Cooler Dispenser
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House