Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2009, 10:38 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times

Advertisements

Looking at the pictures, the tile looks in fairly good condition. I do not love white tile, but we had the same situation in our fixer and decided to save some money by keeping it. The grout was so gross/black/greasy I could hardly stand to scrub it. It had originally been a light tan. We purchased a grout stain/sealer and went over it and it looks brand new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 12:19 PM

2 posts, read 7,027 times
Hey Lisa & Mike, Just found this thread. I love what you are doing, very interesting. Like the progress so far.

Could someone put up a link to your last flip in TN. I would love to read that from beginning to end. Real flips, not like what was on TV.

We bought a home to flip three years ago but found it to be a labor of love and decided to stay.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:17 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Wow, impressive!!

Old 12-17-2009, 01:36 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Hey, you sneaked this one in on me! lol I think the house flipping show folks need to try to keep up with you!

Old 12-17-2009, 04:45 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,321,336 times
To me this way better than HGTV-realistic and down to earth-Thanks Lisa and Mike.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:53 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,350,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archisign View Post
Hey Lisa & Mike, Just found this thread. I love what you are doing, very interesting. Like the progress so far.

Could someone put up a link to your last flip in TN. I would love to read that from beginning to end. Real flips, not like what was on TV.

We bought a home to flip three years ago but found it to be a labor of love and decided to stay.

Heres the link to Lisa and Mikes Off the grid house they built in Tn. It isn't a flip house though.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/tenne...tennessee.html
Pam

Old 12-17-2009, 06:15 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,437,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archisign View Post
I see Pam& Bill already gave you the link.

BUT ... give yourself 2 to 3 straight days of sitting in front of the monitor if you want to read it beginning to end. And a very sore butt. Ask me how I know, LOL.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:37 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
skbs- Welcome and thank you for writing in.

nms- good to see you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
All I can say is WOW...thanks for sharing! You guys have been hard at work! Can't wait to see more pics.

Oh, I love the "new" kitchen! Just think you can shower and cook soup at the same time! lol
Thank you and you're welcome. I have many more pictures to come. Now I just have to sort through about 100 and find the best ones to use.

Oh yeah, mutli tasking in the bathroom, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
My back hurts just looking at all the photos. What great fun and it will be a very nice view to the water. Keep em coming.
Mine too, lol. BTW, the tile is in very good shape. The only thing wrong with it is it is dated. If the house was for me I probably wouldn't change it.

vacation bound- Good to see you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00molavi View Post
Great posts and pics and enjoy just watching. On another note, please wear good masks when doing the work, damage to the lungs happens very easily.
You are very right. That is good advice and people should use all safety precautions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
I feel like Oliver Twist.

"Please, sir, I want some more."

LOL, you'll be getting plenty more. I'm trying to figure out how to get more in each week. I have so many pictures but I don't want the mods to get mad at me.

plaidmom- You are right. The master bath sink isn't really an avocado. It's a little bit lighter and brighter. You are a brave soul. I couldn't do pink and green but only because colors scare me.

southernfried- Yeah the demo is the most fun even when we are tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
You need a rubber ducky for the pool....
I'd settle for a big float.

SPLIT- Good ides about the drive. Although the screen rooms offer some privacy this one was just too old. On the other hand this isn't like our place in TN. No one has privacy here so what's the difference, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Marnix View Post
Mike & Lisa, I'm just about caught up in the TN house thread when I found this one. I just want to comment that you guys are great and thank you for sharing your story.
You're welcome and thank you for writing in.

Tek-It is a lot of fun doing this but very tiring. We do a lot of houses how we like them in addition to what we think buyers are looking for. It does make it hard to move on sometimes.

This house worked perfect for opening it up. There are still distinct rooms in the house because of the kitchen location. Our next one is a little trickier. We added an Island for cabinet space and there is also a huge closet that can be used for a pantry. Plenty of room here.

archisign- Hi and thank you for writing in.

veuvegirl- So glad you joined us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Hey, you sneaked this one in on me! lol I think the house flipping show folks need to try to keep up with you!
Hey there. The shows wouldn't like us. We don't have enough drama, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
To me this way better than HGTV-realistic and down to earth-Thanks Lisa and Mike.
You're very welcome.

Pam- Thanks for posting our link.

Have a great night all. We are in the middle of moving so my goal is to be back online by Sunday.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:13 PM

182 posts, read 780,287 times
well , i take it back .. . did i say '' at least you dont 'have to do so much 'work' on this house' . .ha !!! maybe i should have read all the pages before opening my big mouth .. you must have thought i was NUTS ... it looks like you're taking on another MOUNTAIN of a job .. (pun intended )

love the idea of seeing the waterway when you enter the house .. after all , why do peeps buy waterfront property if NOT to see the water .. . g reat idea and i'm sure it will be well worth the work .. as soon as you sell this place at a HUGE profit ..
i will be driving down towards Cedar key , not sure how far north that is of you , but i'm sure i'll find out . .we like to take that west coast coastal road down to see friends in st pete and bonita spring, then head over to the east coast to wpb .. .
so who knows .. maybe i'll see ya , maybe in the local home depot /lowes
keep on keepin on !!! its gonna look great !!!
and i agree with the poster who suggested keeping the green sink and adding PINK .. great combo .. esp for fla .. used to have a bathroom that i papered wiht a patent leather paisley print , ceiling and all the walls .. the paper was so thick that i was able to take it down when i moved a few yrs later and use it on my new apt ... even did the outside of my old claw foot tub .. )

take care .. btw your mention of the boat parades during xmas holidays reminded me of one yr when we went to the keys yrs ago . .and h ad a room right on the waterway and wonder of wonders saw a LIT_UP boat go by .and sat and watched them all evening .. what a site !!!

will write again . and again . . till youre done and spring has sprung in tn . and i'll know you're coming HOME
luv .. JEanne

Last edited by JEANNE61; 12-17-2009 at 08:21 PM..

Old 12-17-2009, 09:00 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
DubbleT- Hint, hint "the kitchen looks awesome"
You're such a tease! I like to watch home improvement shows ondemand so I can fast forward to the 'after' pictures!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House