Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 05:06 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times

Advertisements

LA being No. 3 on that Bleacher Report list discredits it, wholesale. So what if you set fires after a Lakers championship? Whoo-frickin-hoo. You can't even get people to stick around for an entire Dodgers game even when they're winning. You don't have an NFL team anymore. You don't care about hockey. There's another NBA team there that nobody likes.

Even Lakers games seem to be more of a celebrity-spotting exercise than something you go to for the purpose of watching a sporting event. Look, there's Jack Nicholson. Seriously, who cares? It's all about "being seen."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 06:58 PM

316 posts, read 784,245 times
Seriously?......How many championships have the Rockets won since the alpha dog decided to get some R & R in Atlantic City, Vegas and bat Mendoza numbers..(202 Batting Avg) for the Birmingham Barron's - he did you a favor, otherwise you would have been lucky to get swept in the finals and go 0-2 in 94' & 95"- after MJ came back to win three straight titles it was game over for the Rockets for the next 15 years - The Lakers have been in seven championship series since 2000 and have just finished winning there 5th! 11 total in L.A. since 72'....and 16 since their inception - GAME OVER!!

The Dodgers...In First place again - compared to your Astros ??? - do you want me to give you a History Lesson of each team, including world series rings ( Dodgers 6 - Scrubs 0) or there records the past 20 years, overall value of the current Value of the Dodgers Franchise $730m - All Stars - Hall of Famers L.A. Dodgers 47....Astros 6

The Chargers have been SoCal's Team the past 15 years, and have made the playoffs 5 out of the past six years - Texans 0......

Yes - there are plenty of dregs and derelicts in LA's inter city, that seem to come out at night after every Lakers Championship and do the usual low-life stupid stuff -...... but now it's time to look forward to the Lakers Victory Parade...........now that's a good time!!!!

Game over -

Lakers Universe: Everything about Los Angeles Lakers and Kobe Bryant
NBA.com: PLAYOFFS 2010
Regular Season Standings | MLB.com: Standings
NBA.com - 2009-2010 Conference Regular Season Standings

Old 06-18-2010, 07:11 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphajet View Post
Seriously?
Seriously.

And last I checked, San Diego is not Los Angeles. We might as well have been claiming the Cowboys after the Oilers moved.

Their "fans" can't even be arsed to stay in the seats at Dodger Stadium past the sixth inning. I always get the lame "traffic" excuse when I ask why. If you don't want to deal with traffic, stay in your house and watch it on TV. While you're going on about championships and Hall of Famers, more than half of whom played in Brooklyn, I'm going on the quality of the fans and actual support.

Houston can't touch NY, Chicago or Boston in that department, but really LA has nothing to crow about there.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:16 PM

316 posts, read 784,245 times
Quote:
their "fans" can't even be arsed to stay in the seats at dodger stadium
LMAO ............THAT'S PRETTY GOOD!! .....sad but true , they want to make it to their 9pm dinner reservation at Mr. Chow's!!

Old 06-21-2010, 03:43 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,032,687 times
Both teams played terrible until the last 4 minutes. I'm happy my team of choice won though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston