Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 12:44 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,127,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveArmy View Post
this is our way of feeling good about this city. back where I came from its called crab mentality
Geezus! NOBODY cares that in the Philippines this is referred to as "crab mentality"!

Why on earth are you still in Houston if you feel it has no merits (beyond providing you a job)? Is that why you come across so embittered? Because your life is your job?

Old 07-25-2010, 12:47 PM

1,474 posts, read 4,998,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
you know theres ski equipment for crippled people

Old 07-25-2010, 12:53 PM

1,474 posts, read 4,998,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
It's true that we don't have many visitor attractions compared with say Philadelphia, but dominated by chain restaurants?

We have one of the largest concentrations of restaurants in the world, most of them not chains. Guy Fieri even brought his show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives here to look at several places.

Locations | Flavortown USA | Diners, Drive-ins and Dives | Guy Fieri | Food Network

In many cases we are already more of a 24 hour city compared with say Boston or Phoenix. Try finding anything open late at night in those cities.
where is this 'concentration' you speak of? the only thing concentrated here is sunlight

Old 07-25-2010, 01:16 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,741,062 times
Try venturing off the frontage roads sometime, maybe go inside the loop into neighborhoods such as the Heights or Montrose. Your posts make it sound obvious that you have not explored enough of Houston to comment on it.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:21 PM

There are non chain restaurants all over the place, it is obvious you are not looking hard enough. Look if you are that miserable here just move already. There is no point in debating this if you already made up your mind that Houston sucks.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:43 PM

243 posts, read 487,795 times
Quote:
I'm at work duh.
I didn't know the McDonald's register was connected to the Internet.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:48 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,574,087 times
Quote:
have you taken an IQ test before? lets try this a bit slower for you.
1.NYC is densely built out.
2.NYC has taken over the other side of the hudson.
3.It would not be easy to find land to build another stadium in the island or close to it.
4.The Giants stadium was a good use for new jersey marshlands (theres nothing there at all).
5.guess what is in the middle of NYC and whiney Upstate NY. New Jersey duh
6.Sometimes concerts are done in 2 locations 5miles apart to reach the patrons. Its that densely populated. needless to say the paying crowd is evenly distributed in the region
7.You are dense, while Houston isnt.
8.The city's name also does not make the band's tour schedule look good. Maybe Houston is too mexican or too oil guy a**holey or just all biz uptight. totall y uncool
Keep contradicting yourself. It's fine with me.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:56 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,574,087 times
Jfre, I didn't know you had pictures of Manhattan.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:10 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,737,449 times
Quote:
I refering to the concerts being held in the Woodlands(which is not in Houston).
The Woodlands is close enough to be considered a part of Houston so any concert there would be, in my opinion, a concert in Houston. At any rate, I didn't have the Woodlands in mind when I asked the question. What concerts have we missed out on?

Old 07-25-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
why you people so angry all the time? I'm not a bigger eater mmkay to be honest i'm sorta afraid of getting the houstonian belly and flabby arms. I like hole in the wall places, for exotic flavors only. For the record, filling up for no reason is not my thing. Hopefully theres better to do than that
Im not angry but your post is very inaccurate.

I admit I am not the biggest Houston booster (I am not even a native Houstonian either) but at the same time saying this city is nothing but strip malls and chain restaurants is not 100% accurate either. I even just posted a link containing a few examples of non chain restaurants, but of course you were probably too lazy to bother looking at it.

Visitor attractions are lacking compared with other similarly sized cities but there is still plenty of stuff to do from Museums, NASA, Kemah Boardwalk, Galveston, or the nearby parks. Plus we are supposed to be getting a theme park relatively soon.

Judging from your posts it is obvious you are miserable here so why stay here? Do you have any underlying reason to be here that is preventing you from being happy somewhere else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston